Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just dayum. We’ve come a long way since September when we were “gettin’ errybody”. That 2018 class really spoiled us.

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like this take. We're the first to say that we stack up RBs and they don't mind sitting for a year and not getting much wear and tear. When we don't get our way, we can't say that "No one wants to be 5th string". We're RBU. 5th string at UGA is more prestigious than 2nd string at the Barn or UTjr.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back to back years of some very weird circumstances around the RB room. (Holyfield affecting Sanders last year/ Evans situation this year). I just don't see us not reeling in 2. JMO. If we are going to run "thin" at any position group at UGA it won't be RB. I'd put money on that.

Linebacker feels different to me. We have guys contributing heavily as freshman already in a room full of 2nd and 3rd year guys. No need to log jam that room. We swung for the fence on that one and went 1-2. Sherman will be a gamer for us.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It matters when they don’t have the talent to leap frog guys in the room. Evans, Jase, Chaney, Tank, could leap frog guys in the room.

Based on the what I saw from Lloyd this season or any other back not named, they are taking a long back seat to the talent in the room.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I can't figure out how to embed links here...

• Options
  • Options
    TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell they haven’t but we like to overreact for the fun of it I guess. I’ve been very impressed with everything they’ve done. The surprises are great and they always surpass expectations. This staff has been a blast to cover on the recruiting trail! Thanks to you and all the others who help us outsiders keep up with things!

• Options
    LBCoachLBCoach Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't smith already say his top 3 is UGA, FU, BAMA?

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I too am confident. Hopefully my post came off for what it is, just things being said. Not that we were going to miss all our priorities.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Respectfully disagree. It's not nearly enough to overcome their on field performance and honestly, who says he even likes little Muschamp? Not mention the likelihood that coach Boom might not be around for Burch's sophomore season.

This discussion has been closed.