Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would prefer Tank, but just because a guy doesn’t have a great 40 time doesn’t mean he’s not a lightning back.

The people that have seen him in person say he cuts like Swift, and Swift is certainly a lightning back. Knowshon wasn’t a burner but was definitely a lightning back.

To me any help in the backfield is a good thing. Zeus doesn’t look like the same back prior to the knee injuries right now, Everyone says Cook is a big play waiting to happen, but I haven’t seen him make anyone miss in 2 years. The backs that are coming back I think McIntosh easily looks the best, and he hardly played this season.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not arguing against taking Tank...my point was lack of speed was one of the reported reasons for the hesitation/coolness on taking him yet there seems to be stronger interest in a slower back like Edwards that seems to mirror the type you already have committed with Milton. I was curious about what posters thought about this dissonance in recruiting strategy.

Chubb and Gurley were on the same team but they were paired in their classes with backs that (at least coming in) offered a change of pace. As it stands now, the RB room seems to be very heavy on one type with only Cook being a speedy, APB type.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

We’ve come a long way from when we had backs who couldn’t get a single yard against Florida over 8 plays last year

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We were told back in July that if tank ran a 4.5, then he was a take.

• Options
    LonestardawgLonestardawg Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Junior

Most of the benefit of having to types of RBs would seem to come from having them on the field together. If we take out the thunder back and bring in the lightening back, the defense sees what’s happening. LSU keeps their same personnel on the field and changes the attack, and the defense doesn’t have time to change personnel. That was to me the advantage of having the two TEs. Put them on the field together in 12 or 22 personnel, and you have the ability to threaten multiple things with the same personnel. If you send in a jumbo package on short yardage, guess what the defense will do.

• Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whatever the issue is...he's no Kerryoff Johnson right now, that's for sure. If he was he'd be a take for us.

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was a take, he chose Auburn. After he ran, he was a take. Dell was recruiting him.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe he was take by then......but he didn't want to be taken.

It is what it is....we'll soon find out if Georgia missed on this. Right now who knows.

• Options
    TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if Hayes catches their eye like Jackson, I saw Hayes already has an offer

• Options
    Dawg53Dawg53 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed on the Holyfield comparison with speed. There is 40 speed and football speed. I saw Holyfield out run UF DBs but his 40 time was not good. I like how this kid cuts! Plus, we gotta trust Dell.

As a comparison, everyone loves Tank. He definitely seems faster but in his highlight tapes he just out runs everyone....not gonna happen in the SEC.

• Options
    bmitcham89bmitcham89 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for getting us back on track. I was about to post this. Looks like 5 DL is still a possibility. Flip the DL & WR rooms in two cycles. With Washington this year and 2 TEs next year, I would say we would be as complete, as complete gets if we nail our remaining guys. QBs, RBs, TEs, OLs, DLs, DEFINITELY LBs, DBs and STs

• Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for clearing it up. Good luck to Tank, that ship has sailed for reasons we all understand. We'll have to take emotion out of this one and trust our coaches are going to do what's best for UGA.

This discussion has been closed.