Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgnation roll call

Comments

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:
    Carrollton originally. Toledo OH now.

I'm still right here in C'Town!!!!

Attend Central High?

• Options
    LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Social Circle here as well

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Where is everybody from? Interested to see how far this site reaches.

Appling Ga my dad played in 1943

• Options
    BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Chesapeake, Va here.

Mom and dad graduated in 61.
    Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Charleston, SC by way of McDonough, GA.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:
    Carrollton Ga.

That makes 2 of us B)

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

Thomasville, Ga....Born and raised. Home of two storied high school programs that have 10 state championships and a national championship between them. Thomas County Central and Thomasville High.

Also home of Guy McIntyre, William Andrews, Sean Jones, Mike Jones, Charlie Ward, Eric Curry, Joe Burns, Adam Choice, Austin Bryant, and Ray Drew.....Some Dawgs, some not....but all loved in Thomasville High and Thomas Co. Central football lore.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@UnderDog68 said:
    Thomasville, Ga....Born and raised. Home of two storied high school programs that have 10 state championships and a national championship between them. Thomas County Central and Thomasville High.

Also home of Guy McIntyre, William Andrews, Sean Jones, Mike Jones, Charlie Ward, Eric Curry, Joe Burns, Adam Choice, Austin Bryant, and Ray Drew.....Some Dawgs, some not....but all loved in Thomasville High and Thomas Co. Central football lore.

My dad went to the same high school as Charlie Ward. I think they were in the same grade but not sure. Was that Central or plain ole Thomasville?

• Options
    edited June 2018

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@UnderDog68 said:

My dad went to the same high school as Charlie Ward. I think they were in the same grade but not sure. Was that Central or plain ole Thomasville?

It was called Thomasville-Central until 1990, and then a new school was completed and the name was changed to Thomas Co. Central. The Yellow Jackets. The city school is the Bulldogs.

I graduated in 1986; my last year of football was the 1985 season. I blocked a little for Charlie. He was a sophomore when I was a senior. I was a 210-pound offensive guard.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@UnderDog68 said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@UnderDog68 said:

It was called Thomasville-Central until 1990, and then a new school was completed and the name was changed to Thomas Co. Central. The Yellow Jackets. The city school is the Bulldogs.

I graduated in 1986; my last year of football was the 1985 season. I blocked a little for Charlie. He was a sophomore when I was a senior. I was a 210-pound offensive guard.

Wouldn't really be on Pittman's radar huh? LOL Wish i could've seen Charlie play though.

• Options

The year after I was gone, a whole bunch of new offensive linemen took over and they were larger that UGA's offensive line was in 1986-87. The lightest guy we had was a 220-pound center. everyone else was 270-plus. The biggest of them all was a 6-7 tackle named Scott Cooley, who also weighed in at 320 pounds. That was the biggest high school lineman I had ever seen at the time.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chattanooga, TN

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McDonough GA. I was a baseball guy and remember watching Jason Heyward his senior year when I was a freshman. Talk about hitting a baseball a very long ways... especially before they went to the bbcore bats. Brenton Cox is from Stockbridge, about 20 mins up the rd. I played center my freshman year in highschool and had to block Dalvin Tomlinson (Giants 3rd round D-lineman out of Bama), that's when I realized I would just stick to baseball lmao.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattdawg said:

@dawgnation7 said:
    Chattanooga, Tn

Ditto, and more specifically Ooltewah

Live on North Shore, but work in Ooltewah

• Options

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Wouldn't really be on Pittman's radar huh? LOL Wish i could've seen Charlie play though.

He was a man among boys, even as a 10th-grader. A generational talent. Fields reminds me a lot of him.

We were running the spread formation back then waaaay before it became a household name. No zone-read. Just Charlie in the shotgun with 2 backs for blocking or hand-offs....one would go out for a pass and there were 4 other receivers. Sometimes he would pass....sometimes he would take off. He was about 6-2 and 215, so he was no slouch running the ball and was a load to tackle. He would lower his shoulder and run over you, too.

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@Tdub0199 said:
    Carrollton Ga.

That makes 2 of us B)

2 1/2 since I spent 25 years there.

• Options
    OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tucson Arizona

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

My roots are deeper in Tuscaloosa than 99% of Tide fans.
    They go back at least to the 1830s when a great, great grandfather on Dad's side resettled there from The Nashville area.There was only 3 to 4 thousnd white people in the whole area then, so very few go back that far.
    Both parents, all 4 grandparents and 5 siblings, as well as myself were born there.

Thankfully Dad moved us first to Orlando, then NW Georgia when I was still too young to be infected with Tide syndrome.