Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgnation roll call

Comments

• gadawginpagadawginpa Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Blue Ridge originally... military let me see the world then left me in alabama...

Absolutely love Blue Ridge. The in-laws are from there. The wife and I vacation up there every year, along with Blairsville. Blue Ridge, Blairsville, and Athens are my three favorite places in the world.

Nobody ever mentions Hiawassee. Just watch the ATL news stations weather reports and they always mention Blairsville, Blue Ridge, Ellijay...yada, yada. And that's why I moved here to Hiawassee.. lol! Beautiful mountain town ON lake Chatuge, unlike those other wanna be's like Blue Ridge and Blairsville......

All kidding aside, it's a beautiful area up here and you can't go wrong taking it in sometime, or even buying a place up here.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Blue Ridge originally... military let me see the world then left me in alabama...

Absolutely love Blue Ridge. The in-laws are from there. The wife and I vacation up there every year, along with Blairsville. Blue Ridge, Blairsville, and Athens are my three favorite places in the world.

Nobody ever mentions Hiawassee. Just watch the ATL news stations weather reports and they always mention Blairsville, Blue Ridge, Ellijay...yada, yada. And that's why I moved here to Hiawassee.. lol! Beautiful mountain town ON lake Chatuge, unlike those other wanna be's like Blue Ridge and Blairsville......

All kidding aside, it's a beautiful area up here and you can't go wrong taking it in sometime, or even buying a place up here.

Great fishing in Hiawassee

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@brentwilson said:

@Kasey said:
    Martinez Georgia originally.

Now in nyc. Love how many Augusta guys are here. Anyone go to Evans high?

I live in Evans but i’m a Sophomore at Greenbrier.

@Teddy said:

@brentwilson said:

@Kasey said:
    Martinez Georgia originally.

Now in nyc. Love how many Augusta guys are here. Anyone go to Evans high?

I live in Evans but i’m a Sophomore at Greenbrier.

I went to Greenbrier. I’m a long ways from my sophomore year though.

I’m sorry for you guys ;)

Better than Lakeside though amirite?!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:

Ditto. I have relatives in Hayesville, NC and future property in Tusquittee. Love it up there.

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:

It is a beautiful area. Growing up there in the 70s was awesome. My mom and sister still live there. Plan on moving back there when I retire for good. I own a house in Ellijay that I'm currently renting. Its about 6 miles from Carters lake.

Same here, my wife owns a couple of plots in Blue Ridge and Blairsville. Our plan is to move up there and build a cabin ASAP.

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ghostofuga1 said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:

Hiawassee is great. We always make a trip over there while we are up that way for vacations and family reunions. The wife loves antiquing and all the fall festivals going on.

• montez32montez32 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hinesville Georgia raised. Tulsa Oklahoma currently living.

• VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DC Metro, Alexandria, VA to be precise. Originally from The Mac Town.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God, I love Dawg Nation. All y'all rock!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    I was born and raised in the Evil Empire North of the Mason Dixon Line, Columbus, Ohio.

I escaped Columbus and graduated from Ohio University in 1986. I drank enough beer in Athens, Ohio to flush out the Scarlet and Gray Kool-Aid my parents forced me to drink in my formative years.

I moved to Richmond, Virginia in 1988 where my wife and I still reside. Our only child is now a Senior at UGA and she plans to probably stay in the Greater Atlanta area, so we look forward to trips to UGA for many years to come.

Pertinent question:

Preferable answer:

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ghostofuga1 said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:

You're right @ghostofuga1, beautiful area. Spent many weekends on Lake Chatuge, tubing on the Hiawassee River, & eating at the Deer Lodge. Would spend hours fishing those streams off 180 & 75, completely lose track of time.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great thread! I’m just now getting to all of these. Love it!!

I’ve moved around a lot. I’ve got to mention all of the important ones! I grew up in Vidalia and Swainsboro, then moved to Dahlonega. After a stop in C u m m i n g, I’ve found my permanent home in Winder.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@jarred_buck said:

I’ve moved around a lot. I’ve got to mention all of the important ones! I grew up in Vidalia and Swainsboro, then moved to Dahlonega. After a stop in C u m m i n g, I’ve found my permanent home in Winder.

My granddad pastored a church in Swainsboro and my best friend lives in Winder now, as well as my aunt. I’m sure you know them, only 13 people total in Winder ;)

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    I was born and raised in the Evil Empire North of the Mason Dixon Line, Columbus, Ohio.

I escaped Columbus and graduated from Ohio University in 1986. I drank enough beer in Athens, Ohio to flush out the Scarlet and Gray Kool-Aid my parents forced me to drink in my formative years.

Now I know what that crap is my neighbors are drinking

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:
    Carrollton originally. Toledo OH now.

I'm still right here in C'Town!!!!

Attend Central High?

Yes, graduated in 91'

Oh. Was the year I was supposed to graduate. Got way behind on my math credits my freshman- junior years though(thanks Ms. Eason..great on the eyes not so great teaching trig lol) and finally finished up in 92 at another school.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

@BobcatGrad said:

Now I know what that crap is my neighbors are drinking

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:
    Carrollton originally. Toledo OH now.

I'm still right here in C'Town!!!!

Attend Central High?

Yes, graduated in 91'

Oh. Was the year I was supposed to graduate. Got way behind on my math credits my freshman- junior years though(thanks Ms. Eason..great on the eyes not so great teaching trig lol) and finally finished up in 92 at another school.

Lol, I'm sure we know each other!!! I remember Ms. Eason.... Ms. Copeland was Hotttt!!!

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@jarred_buck said:

My granddad pastored a church in Swainsboro and my best friend lives in Winder now, as well as my aunt. I’m sure you know them, only 13 people total in Winder ;)

Lol no doubt! I bet I know the pastor too!!

• georgiaflyergeorgiaflyer Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Lakeland, GA / Tampa, Florida (currently)