Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Congrats Croatia - you played your heart out! - wc2018

13»

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Teddy said:
    US has recruited players too. Unfortunately, they're just the leftovers from Germany (when Klinnsman coached). They were dual-citizens who never lived in the US, but had a parent from the US. Several didn't even speak English. Many teams grant players citizenship to get them on their national teams. You can only switch nationalities once though, so that keeps players from floating around too much.

Can you get an NCAA waiver and transfer more than once?

I think so, but you just have to sit a year out each time.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@BojanglesInsider said:
    I've noticed on other sites in my daily internet itinerary, when somebody (Croatian fan) says "Hey! Those don't look like frenchmen LOL" that somebody is met with a barrage of OMGURARACISTKILLURSELF posts. It's nice to see that it's not that bad here.

Yeah, but I probably should have gone easier on @BrooklynDawg. He’s always been a fine contributor in the past and I hope he decides to continue to.

Internet message boards aren’t an exacting communication media. And he read what I said and probably just thought I meant something else. Most likely something he had heard somewhere on the educational Mecca of cable news... But it’s not like I haven’t myself done something like that before. We all have our quirks here and there.