Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Saying goodbye to my Mama

124»

Comments

• dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs stick together. Prayers for you and yours. I hope this weekend will give you some peace, and some qualify time with your loved ones. Remember, she's always with you in the love you share with others. Moms have a way of showing themselves in that way.

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am so sorry for your loss.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very sorry for your loss. I pray God’s peace during this time.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May God bless you and your family and give you the strength to persevere during this difficult time!

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for sharing, I too wish your mother a happy birthday. I fortunately still have my mother, but I lost my father last August. I had moved back from Canada because his health started failing. Best decision I ever made, I was able to spend his last five months with him. I miss Canada, and might move back someday after COVID fears subside. For now it’s nice to be close to family and old friends.

Just know that your mother is getting a lot of love and attention from your fellow Dawg fans today!

• SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for your loss brother. Sounds like you had a great one though and she raised you right. Cherish those memories!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry for your loss.

There really aren't words to help with it.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best wishes for you and your family.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really hard losing someone, especially your Mom. Praying for that peace that passes all understanding, which you seem to have a lot of.

• TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. 🙏🏼

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Full disclosure here folks. Mama passed away back on July the 31st, of 2018. Yesterday was her birthday, on September the 3rd. I was thinking about her (again), and what a loving mama that God had blessed me with... and I was really, really missing her, and that was the only reason that I brought this thread back up. Like most any Georgia kid who really had a GREAT Mama?? I still love my mine so very much, and then I shared this with all of y'all again, because all of y'all right in here in our DawgNation forum are my DAWG family. Thank you so very much for all of the kind words, and the prayers too. I love you with all of heart mama. I always will. ❤️

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RIP to UR Mama. God's peace to U and family 🙏

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Moms are extra special..mine was. I am so very sorry for your loss.