Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Saying goodbye to my Mama

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Things like this remind us of what's important. Keep your family close and let them know how much you love them. God bless you and your family.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

May God grant you peace. I'm so sorry for your loss,

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My deepest sorrow for your loss. My prayers are for you and your entire family.

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry, my Dawg brother. I pray for peace and understanding beyond comprehension for you and your family during this time. Celebrate her life.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like she had a good life and was surrounded by people who loved her.

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

@christopherules said:
    I’m flying from San Diego, & into Atlanta overnight on a red eye, with a stop in Chicago. My brothers & sisters are all telling me that she’s waiting just for me before she goes to see the Almighty. I am eternally grateful to have had her & my Daddy for parents. They both gave me everything that they knew how to gave. I remember as I was the youngest, I thought she was the prettiest woman on the face of this earth. Thanks for letting me share this with all of y’all. *****Update***** My brother just called me, Mama passed 20 minutes ago. There really aren’t any words. .

I'm so sorry to here that...Geeze- I dread that moment and sometimes have nightmares of the potential pain losing my mother. Your mother was indeed a beauty

Please know you and your family are in my prayers.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg thank you so very much! I will always, always love & miss her, until it’s my turn to go, and I’ll meet her again. May our Almighty God bless you & yours!❤️

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for your loss. I’ve been thru it, keep your faith and hang in there.

• Options

I want to thank all of y'all for all of the kind words, thoughts & prayers about my Mama passing away last Tuesday. I added a photo of my brothers & sisters & myself, as I am certain that IS what my Mama would be the MOST proud of in her life. The following day after her burial, to try to live again & bring my spirits back up?? IT just happened to be THE Georgia Fan Day 2018 in Athens at Sanford Stadium!! My adult nephew Johnny & his Mama (my sister) Vicky took all three of us up there to enjoy seeing the 2018 edition of our beloved DAWGS!!! Again, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of y'all,
    & GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know that was such a tough moment for you @christopherules , but I was stoked that you got to go to Fan Day!! I was thinking that you probably don’t get many opportunities to do stuff like that, since you live in California.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chris

My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom a few years back and tears still come occasionally. Not as often but memories are always there. I am not sure from reading the threads if you will make it there in time to see her but I hope you do. I was not able to see my mom when she passed and I regret that a bit. Hang in there.

• Options

@donmedeiros Thank you so very much sir. I am also very sorry for your loss too. If you enjoy anything that I say in my posts in here, or that I give my own .02 cents of an opinion on? Most all of the credit for any thing good from me ought to go where it truly belongs, which is with both of the wonderful parents that I had, and all of the really hard work that they put into me. Looking forward now to an EPIC start of the 2021 Georgia Bulldogs Football season, with a heart racing, and sometimes heart stopping come from behind win over Clemson!!! And hey, guess what??? That game is freaking happening TOMORROW!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Prayers being sent for all of you.