Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Saying goodbye to my Mama

Comments

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers!!! God bless!!!

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m heartbroken for you and am praying.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hang in there man, just try and focus on the good times. That's all you really can do.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to hear it. I got a call when I was working in Pa. back in 2011 that my Mom was slipping to to drive to Alabama where she was. I got to the Tenn line before my Brother called and told me she had passed away. Even though she never regained consciousness I wish I'd been there at the end.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pray that her memory lives on through you and your family.
    Sorry for your loss.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

I am sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know she was proud of you.

I am getting ready to board a plane for my Sister-In-Laws funeral, she was 58. We found out her breast cancer spread to her brain the day of my wife’s car accident Easter week. Her two kids graduated from UCF and she joked she lived long enough to see them win a national championship.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My thoughts and prayers are with you. May God watch over you and your family in this time of loss.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to hear this. prayers going up for you and your family .

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Words can not express my sorrow for you and your family. I remember it like it was yesterday. The day I became and orphan. There I was 47 with three grown kids and feeling so lost.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Sorry for your loss and my prayers for you and your family!

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Stay strong, brother.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God bless your Mom and Dad. I love your family photos. May she always be in your memory.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry to hear, @christopherules. Just lost my mom 8 months ago. I hope your memories and your faith sustain you during this difficult time.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know you but that doesn't mean that I can't feel for you. My family will pray for you. Hang in there.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiggerBadDawg said:
    Sorry to hear this. prayers going up for you and your family .

Lost my mom a few years ago. I know it is not easy. Hang in there bro.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for you and your family's loss. Wonderful memories locked into those family photos, I'm sure. Travel safe and Godspeed.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry to hear that @christopherules, I can’t even imagine what that must feel like. My thoughts are with you.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers for you, brother.