Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Scott Sinclair

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

The more uga workout videos I watch the more I start to think he was Kirby’s most underrated or best hire for his staff.

If not that, it shows Kirby can spot talent in high school kids and future coaches

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definitely the most important hire injuries have went down significantly and I don’t think it’s just luck. Injuries can happen anytime no matter what but how many injuries have we had the last 2 years like major injuries 3-4 2 or 3?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does a great job as the “get back” coach also.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A few years ago I'd have died for Cochran, but now I wouldn't trade Snclar anything!!!GATA DAEFS!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    A few years ago I'd have died for Cochran, but now I wouldn't trade Snclar anything!!!GATA DAEFS!

I wonder - tecihnically - how do they differ? I see personality differences. I mean in approach to strength/conditioning - types of lifts etc.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

I wonder - tecihnically - how do they differ? I see personality differences. I mean in approach to strength/conditioning - types of lifts etc.

Cochran annoys the heck out of me. He's the Richard Simmons of CFB trainers.

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Cochran annoys the heck out of me. He's the Richard Simmons of CFB trainers.

I've seen video of him where he gets this "odd" look on his face - almost like he's going into the rapture or something - and then he starts his "schtick". Just kind of odd, to me. Certainly gets results.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would have preferred this be perhaps 2/3rds less of this. Why? Giving too much away! Sources and methods, man. Any way, the snippets I've seen in videos elsewhere indicate that Sinclair is very good at keeping the player interest through variety and building enthusiasm. Another of the 7 million indications that Kirby is special.

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

I just think Cochran is a lil more wired like he broke into a stash of meth or something lol. Sinclair just seems business like and gets the point across to the guys. Seeing Jordan clean 350 the other day was REALLY impressive for a freshman. That 3 star could end up being a monster for us if he learns hand technique, footwork and leverage.

I may be wrong but in a head to head strength challenge, I've got Sinclair all day! With those short arms there's no telling what he benches.

This is off topic but would anybody that reads this trade Kirby for ole Nick? I say HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW

Since no one has mentioned differences between the two, other than “personal style”, is it safe to assume (probably not) that their actual programs - lifts, sets reps, weight loading, sequencing, etc., are a lot alike?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@donm said:
    Since no one has mentioned differences between the two, other than “personal style”, is it safe to assume (probably not) that their actual programs - lifts, sets reps, weight loading, sequencing, etc., are a lot alike?

I’m guessing Kirby saw what worked at Bama, shared it with Sinclair and compared notes.

• athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

I think Sinclair is doing a good job especially when considering the decrease in injuries. This video (and part 2) of Aaron Feld who left Georgia to head the strength and conditioning program at Oregon is probably similar to Georgia's philosophy. He puts a reporter through a football workout.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:

@donm said:

@MacDawg15 said:

I just think Cochran is a lil more wired like he broke into a stash of meth or something lol. Sinclair just seems business like and gets the point across to the guys. Seeing Jordan clean 350 the other day was REALLY impressive for a freshman. That 3 star could end up being a monster for us if he learns hand technique, footwork and leverage.

There is something feminine > @Kasey said:

@donm said:

I’m guessing Kirby saw what worked at Bama, shared it with Sinclair and compared notes.

I'd be shocked if he didn't.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great and informative video. Our players look incredibly fit and strong and flexible coming into camp. A result of S&C no doubt.

There was a time when some saw Georgia as soft. Now? Not hardly.

Go, Dawgs!

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now that I'm in my mid-30s, my only thought watching these workouts is, "I think I would break my leg if I worked out."

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to admit that he is one of the best in the business & his results shows when you look at our team

@DobroMattInOz said:
    Now that I'm in my mid-30s, my only thought watching these workouts is, "I think I would break my leg if I worked out."

AMEN lol