Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What percentage of snaps will Fields get?

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe most of our reasons for being here is to get out our thoughts and opinions, while seeing the thoughts and opinions of others. The off season drives most of us completely insane and reading about Georgia football keeps me sane.

It seems that most think that Fromm will be the starter and will remain the starter throughout the year unless there is an injury (over 90% of my fellow members on this board per previous poll)

The Fromm vs Fields debate will continue and is not going anywhere

My question is simple: What percentage of the snaps do you see taking place with Fields under center? How much playtime will he see as a freshman?

What percentage of snaps will Fields get? 26 votes

Less than 10 percent
0%
10-20 percent
65%
donmJayDogSWARLES_BARKLEYcf_ugamanSWGADAWGPigeonsAgDawgbmauldingadawginpagreshamdiscobrentwilsonWCDawgbenjaminwgreggShulaPharmDawg2054VALDOSTADAWGBrooklynDawg 17 votes
20-30 percent
30%
CZCashvilleDawglevanderoldon42MitchDSavageDawg1989ChicagoDawgThisDawgAnotherDawg 8 votes
30-40 percent
3%
PeachCoDawg 1 vote
40-50 percent
0%
greater than 50 percent
0%

Comments

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior
    10-20 percent

15% first 4 games
    20% the remainder

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018
    20-30 percent

Easy schedule + great team= Early and often playing time for everybody.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    10-20 percent

We're all basically assuming Fields will have a fairly smooth freshman season, it's not a sure thing though.
    If he struggles in live play his role could be limited.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    20-30 percent

I think he plays 15% of the meaningful snaps, but garbage time pushes the total over 20% when it's all said and done.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    20-30 percent

The obvious model is Tua Tagovailoa’s freshman year. If Jake isn’t getting it done and Justin comes in and gets it done, Jake is screwed. But Jake is a much better QB than Jalen is.

And Justin will get more garbage time than Jacob did last year because Kirby’s not as worried as much about developing Jake as he was last year.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    10-20 percent

All points make sense to me