Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stream dawg games from west coast

VRVanVRVan Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Does anyone have suggestions concerning the best way to catch the games from the west coast? Dumped my cable this spring.

Comments

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whatever you do don't use ESPN app. It's the worst. Constant buffering. Got to see 3/4 of App State last year because of it

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VRVan said:
    Does anyone have suggestions concerning the best way to catch the games from the west coast? Dumped my cable this spring.

Sling tv for ESPN games, CBS All Access for SC and other games carried by CBS. The rest I'll just cobble together.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Sling and a digital antenna is the way to go for me

• Options
    LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VRVan There is no better streaming service than YouTube Tv my friends. Included in the basic package is ESPN, ESPN2, SEC Network, Big 10 network, FS1, and FS2. You will never miss a game of college football.

I formerly had SlingTv. It was okay but I had to pay extra to had channels on. YouTubetv is 35 bucks for the basic package that includes everything you would need. 10 outta 10 would recommend

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had Sling TV last year and I had a severe problem with buffering and just connection problems...I missed the entire second half of the Missouri game....Just break down and get cable

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would suggest going to your local sports bar or one that has been contracted to by one of our alumni societies....I went to the championship game last year...the problem was the place was so small it was standing room only...not this year

• Options

@Lazendaddy said:
    @VRVan There is no better streaming service than YouTube Tv my friends. Included in the basic package is ESPN, ESPN2, SEC Network, Big 10 network, FS1, and FS2. You will never miss a game of college football.

I formerly had SlingTv. It was okay but I had to pay extra to had channels on. YouTubetv is 35 bucks for the basic package that includes everything you would need. 10 outta 10 would recommend

Does the 35 bucks get you CBS, ABC and NBC ? Sling has 2 packages, Orange and Blue. Orange has all of the ESPN channels, and all of the conference channels for 21 bucks. What it doesn't have is the 3 old guard networks, the SC game is on CBS,to get every game you need the old big 3 networks.

• Options

@BoulderDawg said:
    I had Sling TV last year and I had a severe problem with buffering and just connection problems...I missed the entire second half of the Missouri game....Just break down and get cable

Sling only buffers if your IP doesn't supply a consistent 15 megs or higher.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Lazendaddy said:

Does the 35 bucks get you CBS, ABC and NBC ? Sling has 2 packages, Orange and Blue. Orange has all of the ESPN channels, and all of the conference channels for 21 bucks. What it doesn't have is the 3 old guard networks, the SC game is on CBS,to get every game you need the old big 3 networks.

If not you can buy the HD antenna that does local stations

• Options

@MODawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lazendaddy said:

Thanks, but out here in Podunk those things get you a couple of fuzzy channels, if that.
    I took a quick look, YouTube Tv is 40 bucks and it does have ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also has all of the ESPN and Fox Sports channels, SEC Network, etc, plus the usual entertainment basics. Not a bad deal really. Of course if you pay 60 bucks for internet you're still over 100 bucks each month.
    I'm lucky to be in an area where we have enough retirement age households that I get 30 megs for 15 bucks.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lazendaddy said:

Thanks, but out here in Podunk those things get you a couple of fuzzy channels, if that.
    I took a quick look, YouTube Tv is 40 bucks and it does have ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also has all of the ESPN and Fox Sports channels, SEC Network, etc, plus the usual entertainment basics. Not a bad deal really. Of course if you pay 60 bucks for internet you're still over 100 bucks each month.
    I'm lucky to be in an area where we have enough retirement age households that I get 30 megs for 15 bucks.

I might have to check that out then. The only reason I have cable is for the Dawgs, it would also be for the Braves, Falcons and Hawks but out here in Missouri they only play their **** pro teams and I refuse to pay the ridiculous NFL Sunday ticket price

• Options

@MODawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lazendaddy said:

I might have to check that out then. The only reason I have cable is for the Dawgs, it would also be for the Braves, Falcons and Hawks but out here in Missouri they only play their **** pro teams and I refuse to pay the ridiculous NFL Sunday ticket price

S t u p i d. I forgot we are a kindergartner board

• Options
    LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

Yes, YouTube tv includes all local/national channels like Fox, NBC, ABC , CBS