What is the verdict of the OSU investigation?

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After the investigation is concluded what do they do?

What is the verdict of the OSU investigation? 59 votes

Fire Urban Liar
22%
mleedawgPigeonsDGD28PTDawgACPEPPER24BigDawg747pgjacksonbrentwilsonDawg1419WCDawgjudasdurantBsampson0317 13 votes
Lie about him being in policy and suspend
28%
donmsuperblackeagleCZCashvilleDawgMinnesotaDawgjosh31533DamnYankeeDawgbigdawg2223LazendaddygadawginpaUnderDog68gdawg4lifeSoFL_DawgbenjaminwgreggHollywoodDawgJrodPharmDawg2054RobbieRob14scooterdawg 17 votes
Lie and let him go right back to work
45%
amjadawgsJoelSidneyKellytiger_62082dawgwood82mattmd2BiffLowmanTdub0199jtdawg2020cf_ugamanJKFlyfishinsertusernamehereDawgsofWarbmauldinDawg14TBbendhutchi9christopherulesgreshamdiscoKaseyPeachCoDawg 27 votes
Fire Gene Smith
3%
AgDawgsauceddawg 2 votes
«13

Comments

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

    I think it's very possible Liar and Smith will get crap canned.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

    @Kasey said:
    They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

    In fairness to Liar, it's not as bad as say, running interference for a mass murderer...wait.

  • superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    My fingers are crossed for a dismissal, but i don't see it happening. All of the vegas' prop bets have him staying a heavy favorite.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    @Kasey said:
    They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

    Looks like this is coming to fruition

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    @Kasey said:

    @Kasey said:
    They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

    Looks like this is coming to fruition

    and how to take photos of his genitals and disrespect the White House.

  • BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ Junior

    No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    They were finishing their investigation today and then making a report to present to the Board of Trustees, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    @coastaldawg said:
    They were finishing their investigation today and then making a report to present to the Board of Trustees, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

    ah...this makes more sense

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

    On a similar subject, Maryland's football HC has been fired tonight.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    @WCDawg said:
    On a similar subject, Maryland's football HC has been fired tonight.

    Link?

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    @BoulderDawg said:
    No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

    @BoulderDawg said:
    No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

    Not so fast my friend. You might be right, but I'll believe they fire him when I see it. I'm also not sure he'd be done as an elite coach either. Pressure to win leads many schools to overlook little details like those that have followed Meyer around.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 19
    Fire Urban Liar

    @Kasey said:

    @WCDawg said:
    On a similar subject, Maryland's football HC has been fired tonight.

    Link?

    No, I think I saw it at 247, or maybe ESPN, it should be easy to find.
    Edit. I'm not finding it now, which makes me think the report was wrong and it was deleted. It wasn't more than half an hour ago that I saw it.

  • ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BoulderDawg said:
    No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

    We really don’t know. The investigative panel finished today and wrote a summary of their findings.

    This memorandum goes to the Board of Trustees.

    I don’t if the panel limited their findings to what they feel transpired or if they also included a recommendation for any actions to be taken by the University.

    Regardless, the Board will have a meeting. Since it is a public University, this requires a 24 hour notice to the public.

    Unless there is a leak, Tuesday or Wednesday will be the conclusion to this fiasco.

  • PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 19
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    @WCDawg said:
    On a similar subject, Maryland's football HC has been fired tonight.

    Somebody was gonna have to pay for that one. When a kid dies because he won't tap out in that kind of abusive environment...?
    And trust me, I get coaching. I am/was a coach and played under some world class ass chewers but nothing like I read going on at Maryland

  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Not sure if they are legit, but this website is claiming their sources are saying that he is going to be fired. I don’t know much about them, do any of y’all? Valid or not?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/parthecourse.com/2018/08/20/breaking-urban-meyer-has-been-fired-at-ohio-state-after-14-day-investigation/amp/

  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Looking through their site, nothing they’ve reported is fake (as far as I can tell)

  • BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 20

    I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

  • moosmoos Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Some official quotes on the timeline suggest they may not announce quickly:

    https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/17/17725492/ohio-state-investigation-update

  • jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BoulderDawg said:
    I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

    i suspect you are corr ct , but that’s not the way that they worded it in this article at all. Did you read the same one that I did? Ive never hear of them before, so it may not be true though. Still, news often gets broken from somewhere before it becomes official. I agree that if it were the case, it would likely be reported on other sites by now though.

    Sources out of Columbus, Ohio tell Par The Course that after a 14 day investigation, Ohio State is firing head coach Urban Meyer after concluding a “thorough, in-depth investigation”.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jarred_buck said:

    @BoulderDawg said:
    I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

    i suspect you are corr ct , but that’s not the way that they worded it in this article at all. Did you read the same one that I did? Ive never hear of them before, so it may not be true though. Still, news often gets broken from somewhere before it becomes official. I agree that if it were the case, it would likely be reported on other sites by now though.

    Sources out of Columbus, Ohio tell Par The Course that after a 14 day investigation, Ohio State is firing head coach Urban Meyer after concluding a “thorough, in-depth investigation”.

    That would be mildly shocking. And I agree with @bmauldin that some team, like UF, would sell its soul to get Meyer.

  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    @bmauldin said:
    Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

    That would be some interesting controversy

  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    My guess is 4 game suspension to be back for penn state game

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    @bmauldin said:
    Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

    Maybe he could come back as Mullen's OC. Would that be irony?

  • moosmoos Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 20

    @donm said:

    @bmauldin said:
    Florida would try to hire him asap and they would pay Mullens contract out... watch.

    Maybe he could come back as Mullen's OC. Would that be irony?

    Or a slightly different twist:

    Ousted HCs tend to do a stint at Alabama as penance before going back out into the world...

    See: Kiffin, Sarkesian, etc.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    Trust me he will never go back to Florida. If he still wanted to be there he would be.

    Instead he will likely go to Notre Dame or to the pros.

    All this will be moot bc he’s gonna keep his job

  • DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 343 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    OSU will find that he was within policy and suspension will be time already served. He's back on the field for game 1.

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 20
    Lie about him being in policy and suspend

    @Kasey said:
    Trust me he will never go back to Florida. If he still wanted to be there he would be.

    Instead he will likely go to Notre Dame or to the pros.

    All this will be moot bc he’s gonna keep his job

    Geez, do you really think ND would hire him now? I don't see that happening.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lie and let him go right back to work

    @donm said:

    @Kasey said:
    Trust me he will never go back to Florida. If he still wanted to be there he would be.

    Instead he will likely go to Notre Dame or to the pros.

    All this will be moot bc he’s gonna keep his job

    Geez, do really think ND could hire him now? I don't see that happening.

    Winning covers a multitude of sins. Probably happening at Ohio as we speak

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.