Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I've been moved to 12 hour weekend shifts....I hate everybody....

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well not you folks, you're all marginally tolerable most of the time..... o:) I just hate whoever decided I need to work on some problems in my department on the week end shift just when the CFB season is starting up.
Hopefully it's just for a month, then I can go back to being my old humanitarian self.
Is anybody else stuck in this outer ring of hell ?

Comments

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work sundays but specifically request Saturday’s off. I vote you strike

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would you please change the title of the thread. Lol. I'm biting my tongue

• Options

@WCDawg I do feel for dawg fans that can't watch the game. Hope it does last for a short time

• Options

@RPMdawg said:
    @WCDawg I do feel for dawg fans that can't watch the game. Hope it does last for a short time

Thanks, it's a small thing in the grand design, it has made me determined to get to Jax and the beach come game week though.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you watch it on your phone?

• Options

@umooner said:
    I work sundays but specifically request Saturday’s off. I vote you strike

Who should I strike, and what should I strike them with ?

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

@WCDawg said:

I live in Australia. I cannot watch games. Instead, ESPNAus-NZ supercedes college football for, at best, tennis or, at worst, European League soccer.

Furthermore, I am daily subjected to the parochial trash from loser Aussies about how American football is inferior because the players are fat, slow, s t u p i d, and wear pads.

Go Dawgs!

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

Sorry, no can do,let it out, I can take it.

• Options

@DobroMattInOz said:

@WCDawg said:

I live in Australia. I cannot watch games. Instead, ESPNAus-NZ supercedes college football for, at best, tennis or, at worst, European League soccer.

Furthermore, I am daily subjected to the parochial trash from loser Aussies about how American football is inferior because the players are fat, slow, s t u p i d, and wear pads.

Go Dawgs!

You can't get American ESPN down yonder ?
    Seems like you could patch through skype or some other method.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

I'm not going there other than to say that "I hate everybody " and "humanitarian " threw me for a loop. Lol.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

I'm not going there other than to say that "I hate everybody " and "humanitarian " threw me for a loop. Lol.

Yep..it gets busy in my head at times.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

Yep..it gets busy in my head at times.

You carry on dawg

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Well not you folks, you're all marginally tolerable most of the time..... o:) I just hate whoever decided I need to work on some problems in my department on the week end shift just when the CFB season is starting up.
    Hopefully it's just for a month, then I can go back to being my old humanitarian self.

What do you do? I work 12 hour shifts to.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work nights 7 on 7 off

• Options

@law_dawg35 said:

@WCDawg said:

What do you do? I work 12 hour shifts to.

I applied to Lowes with the idea of just dead heading it till full retirement. Apparently they liked my experience and offered me a position in management at a regional distribution center. It's 1.5 million floor feet of beating back entropy.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May they go by fast and nobody ruin the dvr

• Options

@WCDawg said:

It is possible to use a VPN if you have the ESPN credentials. Buying a cable subscription solely to patch through an at-best shaky VPN is too much for me, though. And here in AUS, we have the "National Broadband Network": a social takeover of internet provision that is pretty terrible, especially for live streaming.

But, ignoring internet problems, it is possible, and I'm also exploring options like Youtube TV and USTV Now. There's no guarantee YouTube won't be region-restricted by NCAA.

To be fair, last year, I was able to watch vs. MSU, the Rose Bowl, and the NCG on ESPN. And I can still listen to WSB on the Bulldogs Radio app, or whatever it's called. So I exaggerated--apologies.

• Options

@DobroMattInOz said:

@WCDawg said:

It is possible to use a VPN if you have the ESPN credentials. Buying a cable subscription solely to patch through an at-best shaky VPN is too much for me, though. And here in AUS, we have the "National Broadband Network": a social takeover of internet provision that is pretty terrible, especially for live streaming.

But, ignoring internet problems, it is possible, and I'm also exploring options like Youtube TV and USTV Now. There's no guarantee YouTube won't be region-restricted by NCAA.

To be fair, last year, I was able to watch vs. MSU, the Rose Bowl, and the NCG on ESPN. And I can still listen to WSB on the Bulldogs Radio app, or whatever it's called. So I exaggerated--apologies.

I'm guessing you've looked around for expats who might have banded together and devised a patch through ?

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Can you watch it on your phone?

I probably could, but floor workers aren't allowed to keep phones with them and I'd have to be careful not to create resentment in the tribe.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    I'm guessing you've looked around for expats who might have banded together and devised a patch through ?

Yeah, no Dawgs, but one Clemsonite who's a cool guy (actually went to Austin Peay for undergrad). A couple NFL fans. There are options; it's just a big pain.

There are many expats here, but Australia tends to attract the kind of folks who are only soccer or surfing fans. You know--sports for the thinking man.

Hate it for your work schedule, but congrats on the promotion.