Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I've been moved to 12 hour weekend shifts....I hate everybody....

13»

Comments

• Options
    superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work some weekends till 2:30 pm....everyone in my department knows when Georgia has a 12 noon kickoff, I'll be tuned in via my phone or tablet...they have gotten good at letting me have my space to geek out on my dawgs...

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:
    I work some weekends till 2:30 pm....everyone in my department knows when Georgia has a 12 noon kickoff, I'll be tuned in via my phone or tablet...they have gotten good at letting me have my space to geek out on my dawgs...

Unfortunately I'll be on the floor training personnel most of the night. We're only allowed intra-facility phones while in the warehouse area.

• Options
    josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:
    Well not you folks, you're all marginally tolerable most of the time..... o:) I just hate whoever decided I need to work on some problems in my department on the week end shift just when the CFB season is starting up.
    Hopefully it's just for a month, then I can go back to being my old humanitarian self.
    Is anybody else stuck in this outer ring of hell ?

I feel your pain @WCDawg, I’ve worked the weekend shift at a Walmart regional DC for twenty years (most recently in Alachua, FL which is only about twenty minutes north of Gainesville, what a time to be a Dawg!). Only things I don’t care for it about are not really being able to attend church on Sundays, being able to only catch about a half of live afternoon games, and no softball tourneys. Hoping you’ll be able to get off of that weekend shift before the season gets going good!

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank God for flush toilets, air conditioning and broadcast taping.

Yet another educational thread.

We’ve come a long way.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@DobroMattInOz said:

@WCDawg said:

Is anybody else stuck in this outer ring of hell ?

I live in Australia. I cannot watch games. Instead, ESPNAus-NZ supercedes college football for, at best, tennis or, at worst, European League soccer.

Furthermore, I am daily subjected to the parochial trash from loser Aussies about how American football is inferior because the players are fat, slow, s t u p i d, and wear pads.

Go Dawgs!

I know what you mean. I lived in Melbourne for a year in 01-02 and constantly got it then too about American football. Couldn't even stream games online then. Did get a free trip to a Collingwood game though (to show me how superior Aussie rules is to American.. didn't sway me one bit). Still watch a little when it's on ESPN late but I'll take our football any day of the week.

Side note.. the beer is better there lol.

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know what you mean. I lived in Melbourne for a year in 01-02 and constantly got it then too about American football. Couldn't even stream games online then. Did get a free trip to a Collingwood game though (to show me how superior Aussie rules is to American.. didn't sway me one bit). Still watch a little when it's on ESPN late but I'll take our football any day of the week.

Side note.. the beer is better there lol.

I don't mind Aussie Rules--I think the athletes are actually pretty good, like a field full of cornerbacks. Plus, it's a real contact sport. Not really comparable to American Ball, though. The usual complainers are Rugby League (different from traditional Rugby Union) fans. Here's why I disagree with them. Rugby League is non-contact unless you have the ball. Shoulder hits are illegal. Rough play is illegal. Only arm-tackling is allowed. If you drop the ball and there's >1 person tackling you, you just get the ball back. If someone strips the ball from you, the "stripper" is penalized and the ball carrier awarded the ball + penalty yards. The players are slow. There is little strategy.

Where rugby league has some merit is that all the players play both offense and defense, and the ball has to be put on the ground in the endzone in order to score. Rugby guys will say that clock stoppages in American ball detract from the game, and they're right. But if you watch Rugby League carefully, you'll notice that the ONLY offensive player on the field doing ANY running at all is the one with the ball. The rest of the time, the guys are just standing around with their hand on their hips.

I don't know about the beer. There's not much beer I've ever turned down, and only once has beer ever knocked my socks off.