Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Obviously, those Tech boys are mad that we are good again!

2»

Comments

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@scooterdawg said:
    Of all the total Johnson’s I know Paul is in fact one of them.

Is it just me, or does Paul Johnson always look as if he just smelled a really bad boiled eggs and beer fart on the sidelines?

Totally not just you. I’m sure he’s a nice guy to little kids and stuff but overall he seems like kind of an ass. With his Fish Fry and other comments, his hatred of having to recruit, and his strange arrogance about only needing one small play sheet he overall seems not cut out to be a power 5 head coach. I love that he’s lazy about recruiting yet has his policy that guys who commit aren’t allowed to take visits to other places. As much as I give Clemson and FSU crap about playing in the ACC, he’s darn lucky that Tech hasn’t been thrown out of it for bringing nothing to the table.

If I ever had to learn such crap like the merits of a B-back or A-back and got excited over signing a 3star athlete(Vad Lee) I’d probably give up following college ball.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Most of the nerds I know don’t really care about us like you are suggesting. We have been “good” relative to them for about always. If you find a nerd who is a serious CFB fan I would bet a lot of money he/she gets mad when they beat us once a decade because they are tired of Paul Johnson. the only good for them that comes from beating us is keeping him around another 10 years.

Take a quick trip over to a Tech message board and I think you'll see otherwise. They think about us way more than we think about them. I honestly think Tech fans enjoy a UGA L more than a GT W. Most of them are hoping and praying that UF and UT can gain some relevance again.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    If I ever had to learn such crap like the merits of a B-back or A-back and got excited over signing a 3star athlete(Vad Lee) I’d probably give up following college ball.

Yes, well....I actually know a lot about the triple-option, what makes it work, what can stop it, and how to have a passing game while using it....Because my old high school ran the Split-back Veer for 27 years.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently it’s a thing of beauty when run well if you know a lot about football. I just prefer to watch more modern schemes.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Most of the nerds I know don’t really care about us like you are suggesting. We have been “good” relative to them for about always. If you find a nerd who is a serious CFB fan I would bet a lot of money he/she gets mad when they beat us once a decade because they are tired of Paul Johnson. the only good for them that comes from beating us is keeping him around another 10 years.

Take a quick trip over to a Tech message board and I think you'll see otherwise. They think about us way more than we think about them. I honestly think Tech fans enjoy a UGA L more than a GT W. Most of them are hoping and praying that UF and UT can gain some relevance again.

I really don't share the disdain many other Dawg fans have for Tech. Maybe it's because I have a brother who went to Tech and he's a long suffering fan. He is neutral to UGA till we play each other, which is basically my thinking as well.
    We do like to rag on each other like Bugs and Leg Humpers though.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    Apparently it’s a thing of beauty when run well if you know a lot about football. I just prefer to watch more modern schemes.

Running the ball from Tech's triple option is fun to watch when it's working against some team other than ours.

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that a couple of y’all know Tech fans that are indifferent towards us.

I work with plenty and they take THWG seriously. Little brother complex through the roof.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    Interesting that a couple of y’all know Tech fans that are indifferent towards us.

I work with plenty and they take THWG seriously. Little brother complex through the roof.

Exactly. The hate that most Tech fans have towards UGA is stronger than anything we have towards another program.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sanford stadium was funded and built directly based on hate for GT. From the wiki article:

"Sanford wanted Georgia to have a venue that would equal Tech's, and the "final straw" came in 1927 when UGA's undefeated (9–0) team traveled to Tech and lost 12–0. It was alleged that Tech watered the field all night to slow UGA's running backs. Afterwards, Sanford vowed to "build a stadium bigger than Tech", and play the game at Athens every other year."

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Correct Borodawg. When I logged on this AM, it seemed like there were 100 threads in Chinese. Thought the nerd joke was funny, but glad to see we are cranking up a little old fashioned hate here in Sep, anyway!! Now, if the Dawgs can “guarantee” a miserable weekend for the Rooster fans, we’ll be rolling in ‘18.