Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Schottenheimer

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@Chopper said:

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:
    Not sure if you all have read the Dawg post series on 2015 and the one article that focuses on Schottenheimer. It is pretty revealing...and nauseating.

Wanted to read it but it was behind a paywall

Look it up on Reddit

Every time I think the schottenheimer experience can't get any worse, he finds a way. Further confirms my believe that if his last name was Nelson he'd be coaching high school football in Idaho

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    I’ll never forget how all of the St Louis Rams fans cheered with joy when we announced his hiring. Now I know why

And yet people keep paying him. Have no idea why

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@Midnite_Train said:
    I’ll never forget how all of the St Louis Rams fans cheered with joy when we announced his hiring. Now I know why

Bc his dad was actually a good coach who won things

• Options

@Kasey said:

@JRT812 said:

@Midnite_Train said:

Bc his dad was actually a good coach who won things

Eventually that has to wear out

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amazes me that people still take shots at Lambert. He two different Offensive Coordinators at UVA and would have had a third if he stayed. He then had two more at UGA. He set a school record for UGA (20 consecutive completions) and an NCAA record (96 percent completion rate) in the game that pretty much caused the “Old Ball Coach” to quit during the season.

Last year at the Rose Bowl Eason spoke about how supportive Lambert was when he (Eason) took over as the starter and it was apparent that Eason did the same thing for Fromm.

I have followed the UVA message board for over 20 years and I can’t remember a single poster saying anything bad about GL and they were cheering for him to do well at UGA. His OL at UVA was horrible which included a RS Freshman LT that played TE in HS. He never once complained or threw any teammate under the bus.

GL was a DGD and let’s leave it at that.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Schotty is a mediocre OC but I feel sorry for Russell Wilson. They've had a terrible OL for quite some time and their drafts have s u c k e d.

I think the lack of talent around Wilson is more of a problem than his OC - not that he is Bill Walsh or anything.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:
    Not sure if you all have read the Dawg post series on 2015 and the one article that focuses on Schottenheimer. It is pretty revealing...and nauseating.

Look it up on Reddit

Every time I think the schottenheimer experience can't get any worse, he finds a way. Further confirms my believe that if his last name was Nelson he'd be coaching high school football in Idaho

Nah. If his last name were Nelson, he'd be driving the bus for the East Central North Dakota Underwater Basket Weaving club team.

• Options

@BobcatGrad said:
    Amazes me that people still take shots at Lambert. He two different Offensive Coordinators at UVA and would have had a third if he stayed. He then had two more at UGA. He set a school record for UGA (20 consecutive completions) and an NCAA record (96 percent completion rate) in the game that pretty much caused the “Old Ball Coach” to quit during the season.

Last year at the Rose Bowl Eason spoke about how supportive Lambert was when he (Eason) took over as the starter and it was apparent that Eason did the same thing for Fromm.

I have followed the UVA message board for over 20 years and I can’t remember a single poster saying anything bad about GL and they were cheering for him to do well at UGA. His OL at UVA was horrible which included a RS Freshman LT that played TE in HS. He never once complained or threw any teammate under the bus.

GL was a DGD and let’s leave it at that.

Lambert definitely didn’t have it go his way

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Chopper said:

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

Look it up on Reddit

I tried that and still end up with a redirect to the original dawgpost, behind a paywall. If you can provide a link that works, I'd love to read the article.

• Options

@AnotherDawg said:

@Chopper said:

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

Look it up on Reddit

I tried that and still end up with a redirect to the original dawgpost, behind a paywall. If you can provide a link that works, I'd love to read the article.

https://www.reddit.com/r/georgiabulldogs/comments/91ijzc/would_anyone_be_kind_enough_to_post_the_text_from/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did y’all read awhile back that Fromm almost didn’t come to Georgia because of Schottenheimer? Yikes...

• Options

@allyw said:
    Did y’all read awhile back that Fromm almost didn’t come to Georgia because of Schottenheimer? Yikes...

that story at the beginning of the thread is amazing. What a dysfunctional organization that was. Hard to see that happening nowadays with the current staff and players.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@allyw said:

Yes. And we did lose a chance at Trevor Lawrence because of Schottenheimer. If you read those articles, the way Lawrence was treated here when he showed up for a visit, his dad said UGA was out of the question after that.

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:

@allyw said:

Yes. And we did lose a chance at Trevor Lawrence because of Schottenheimer. If you read those articles, the way Lawrence was treated here when he showed up for a visit, his dad said UGA was out of the question after that.

Jeez. I never hear that. That sucks...not that I'm at all unhappy with Justin...probably wouldn't have gotten both either way. If TL came to UGA I wonder if JF would have stayed with PSU or gone to UF or FSU?

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

Look it up on Reddit

Brian Nelson is the HC at my high school lol

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    Jeez. I never hear that. That sucks...not that I'm at all unhappy with Justin...probably wouldn't have gotten both either way. If TL came to UGA I wonder if JF would have stayed with PSU or gone to UF or FSU?

We wouldn't have gotten Fields. Lawrence committed when he was either in the 10th grade, or the summer that he was a rising 11th grader. He stuck with the commitment, so if he had committed to UGA, Fields probably would have went to Penn St. or FSU. Schottenheimer was basically just lazy with his brief time recruiting. It was easy to see that he would rather have been in the NFL and not chasing kids around recruiting them. UGA was out of the question with Fromm, too, until Kirby got here....Kirby was his primary recruiter while at Alabama.