Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Outside the top 5..

Dawg94Dawg94 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who outside of the top 5 teams has the best chance to make the playoffs? I haven't really seen a whole lot of teams who are surprisingly good to start the year and was just wondering what everyone else thought

Comments

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

West Virginia maybe? Penn State could have a shot, but not likely.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ND is always a darling, whether they deserve it or not.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They didn't look that impressive against Vandy but I think Notre Dame's schedule sets up well for them. The mass media is also always looking for a chance to pump them up given how big of a brand they are.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:
    They didn't look that impressive against Vandy but I think Notre Dame's schedule sets up well for them. The mass media is also always looking for a chance to pump them up given how big of a brand they are.

Always, PT, always. They don't have to look good.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Fake answer: Tennessee

Real answer: Stanford

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate it but LSU has the best resume in the country right now with a drubbing of Miami and a road win at Auburn. If Burrows can pick it up as a passer, they'll be very dangerous.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    Fake answer: Tennessee

Real answer: Stanford

Stanford has been soft defensively the past couple of years.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I hate it but LSU has the best resume in the country right now with a drubbing of Miami and a road win at Auburn. If Burrows can pick it up as a passer, they'll be very dangerous.

I agree, until the Dawgs come to town and derail the hype train

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's a long shot for you.

I don't think Oregon is an elite team, but the Pac-12 is soft, they get Stanford and Washington at home, and no other ranked teams on their schedule. The team and the fan base is fully behind Cristobal, who happened to train under Saban for four years before arriving in Eugene. That's certainly a recipe for success, as we've seen in Athens.

• Options

@Dawg94 said:

@WCDawg said:

I believe they have an elite defense but a awful offense. Anything can happen I just don't see them staying in some of the bigger games

Maybe they can't stay in every big game, but they've already won 2 of them. The only 1 that matters to me is against UGA in Corn Dog Country.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Standford or Oregon could run their tables... Notre Dame has a favorable schedule.... WVU with a good win... Washington if they run the table and some other upsets happen... OKST controls their destiny (as well as TCU)... Boston College

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod