Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Censorship on the forum

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just wondering y'all's thoughts? I don't read/belong to too many forums but I don't believe that they censor what is written. I understand that it's their board and they can do what they want and I get that. I'm just wondering if y'all have been to other boards where they censor? Bad words? Really?

Btw, I was censored for typing v.o.m.i.t.

Comments

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep it clean Biff

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@BiffLowman said:
    Just wondering y'all's thoughts? I don't read/belong to too many forums but I don't believe that they censor what is written. I understand that it's their board and they can do what they want and I get that. I'm just wondering if y'all have been to other boards where they censor? Bad words? Really?

I responded to one of your earlier posts and used the word ****...see what happened? I am thinking it must be some sort of algorithm (although I really don't know what those are) since it happens instantaneously. Surely someone is smart enough to change the algorithm to something more sensible. Levander, any suggestions?

• Options

Rather complete list. Thanks. I may steal more than a few for personal use.

• Options

SOME OF THEM WERE CENSORED! HA!!!

1. Gee ****! (W>H>I>Z)
    2. Cheese ****! (W>H>I>Z)
    3. Son of a ****! (M>O>N>K>E>Y)
  • Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@BiffLowman said:

I responded to one of your earlier posts and used the word ****...see what happened? I am thinking it must be some sort of algorithm (although I really don't know what those are) since it happens instantaneously. Surely someone is smart enough to change the algorithm to something more sensible. Levander, any suggestions?

It's just the coding on the back end of the site. It's simply a list of filthy words that can't be used in a comment. When you submit a comment, the site breaks down your comment and searches for any words in said list and replaces them with asterisks.

• Options

Rather complete list. Thanks. I may steal more than a few for personal use. > @ForestryDawg said:

@donm said:

@BiffLowman said:

It's just the coding on the back end of the site. It's simply a list of filthy words that can't be used in a comment. When you submit a comment, the site breaks down your comment and searches for any words in said list and replaces them with asterisks.

I wonder who the geniuses are that make up the list of verboten words?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

@Teddy said:
    lint licker

CENSOR THIS!!!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@donm said:
    Rather complete list. Thanks. I may steal more than a few for personal use. > @ForestryDawg said:

@donm said:

@BiffLowman said:

I wonder who the geniuses are that make up the list of verboten words?

Some **** kid, no doubt (w.h.i.z kid) Thank you. Thank you very much. Smoke em if you got em.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't mind keeping it clean, though I am curious about some of the words that are censored.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

The word list they use for blacking out is absolutely ridiculous. Somebody somewhere along the way completely half-assed it and nobody checked their work.

But censoring ideas is the real problem when it comes to censoring. Not just censoring specific words. Censoring words is just something non-serious people do because they have it in their head that if they don’t, someone will come in and just start cursing all over the place,

• Options
    101Dawgnations101Dawgnations Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

@BiffLowman said:
    Found these online. Alternatives to cursing. The problem is that if you use them, people assume that you are a Georgia Tech fan.

Shnookerdookies!
    Fudge nuggets!
    Cheese and rice!
    Sugar!
    God bless America!
    Poo!
    Snickerdoodle!
    Banana shenanigans!
    Six and two is eight!
    God bless it!
    Barbara Streisand!
    Fiddlesticks!
    Jiminy Crickets!
    Son of a gun!
    Egad!
    Great Scott!
    Caesar’s ghost!
    Merlin’s beard!
    Merlin’s pants!
    Shucks!
    Darn!
    Dagnabbit!
    Dang rabbit!
    Dadgummit!
    Jumpin’ Jiminy!
    Gee willickers!
    27. Gee ****!
    28. Cheese ****!
    29. Good night!
    30. Sam Hill!
    31. Son of a ****!
    32. Son of a bucket!
    33. William Shatner!
    34. Son of a motherless goat!
    35. Judas Priest!
    36. Gosh darn it!
    37. Shut the front door!
    38. Holy cow!
    39. Horse pucky!
    40. Geez!
    41. Sufferin’ succotash!
    42. Son of a mother trucker!
    43. Fudge berries!
    44. Geez Terwilligers!
    45. Mothersmucker!
    46. Cornnuts!
    47. Poo on a stick!
    48. Aw, duck water!
    49. Jerk water!
    50. Dillweed!
    51. Oh, snap!
    52. OMG!
    53. Fraggle rock!
    54. Phooey!
    55. Bogus!
    56. Bull spit!
    57. Crap!
    58. Crikey!
    59. Scuddle butt!
    60. Shuzzbutt!
    61. Son of a biscuit!
    62. Leapin’ lizards!
    63. Oh my gosh!
    64. Oh my goodness!
    65. Peanut butter and jelly!
    66. Drat!
    67. Oh, man!
    68. Oh, dear!
    69. Criminy!
    70. Mother of pearl!
    71. Tartar sauce!
    72. Fish paste!
    73. Fart knocker!
    74. Hobknocker!
    75. Pokémon!
    76. Golly gee!
    77. What the frog!
    78. Kitty whiskers!
    79. Barnacles!
    80. Eat soap!
    81. Eat slugs!
    82. Go lick a duck!
    83. For Pete’s sake!
    84. I don’t give a Donald Duck!
    85. Cheeses!
    86. Pluck it!
    87. Yuck fou!
    88. Aww, noodles!
    89. Hamburgers!
    90. Geez Louise!
    91. Fishsticks!
    92. Frack!
    93. Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat!
    94. What the cuss!
    95. Narf!
    96. Marklar!
    97. Shitake mushrooms!
    98. Son of a nutcracker!
    99. Raspberries!
    100. Shikaka!

By the hammer of Thor! I wouldn't mind using a few of these.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL....the word s t u p I d is also censored.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@BullyDawg said:
    u g l y is censored.
    How the he|| else are you going to describe things like Mizzou's uniforms and endzone? :D

We need a secret list of substitute words to "fool" the list. that idea of a little period after each letter seems to work pretty good...so far.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is fugly censored?

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:
    u g l y is censored.
    How the he|| else are you going to describe things like Mizzou's uniforms and endzone? :D

Or Beth Mowins' voice!