Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Censorship on the forum

13»

Comments

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is the asshole that decided to censor d umb but not... er... asshole?

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of the others forums that I partake in act like this. Some let anything go other than politics and others just keep things civil

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm ok with the censorship. Do agree that some words that are bleeped doesnt make sense. But I would not want to regularly read some of the forums that are linked here about other teams.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a nice list. Mother approved too. Awesome. I'm printing it out and will attempt to use it faithfully, starting with the game against the biscuit eating Jeremey Pruitt.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@donm said:
    What a nice list. Mother approved too. Awesome. I'm printing it out and will attempt to use it faithfully, starting with the game against the biscuit eating Jeremey Pruitt.

I think some will be censored

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m glad they do. Florida’s forum is WAY out of hand.
    They legit cuss each other out and threaten to meet up and fight each other.
    This is the one time I’m in favor of “big brother “ tightening the reigns.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

The whole cotton-pickin list is bull crackers. I think the use of real hot-tomalley cuss words are just people being lazy tadpoles and those words should be banned, but adjectives like **** or **** should be allowed.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

Agreed. That forum and others are absolute trash, I don't think I could participate if ours was like that. This is supposed to be an enjoyable place to exchange ideas and have conversations with other Dawg fans. Sure we argue, it happens when people present their ideas. But we don't threaten each other or cuss at each other. We are by far the classiest fans I know of and I hope it will always stay that way.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, there could be a post on the Gators page about something as innocent as the menu at Waffle House, and people would be insulting mothers, dropping F-bombs, and making threats to kill the other fans. I appreciate that although we can debate and disagree, we are all part of the DawgNation and family.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:

@bmauldin said:

Agreed. That forum and others are absolute trash, I don't think I could participate if ours was like that. This is supposed to be an enjoyable place to exchange ideas and have conversations with other Dawg fans. Sure we argue, it happens when people present their ideas. But we don't threaten each other or cuss at each other. We are by far the classiest fans I know of and I hope it will always stay that way.

Who you calling classy?!