Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Young and the restless

MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trevor Lawrence by virtue of his eye opening performance against Ga.Tech has unofficially won Clemson's starting QB job. His good friend and fellow freshman phenom Justin Fields must continue to bide his time as Jake Fromm's backup (And for now rightfully so). So long as Georgia continues to win and Jake Fromm plays his usual efficient mistake free (For the most part) game Justin will have to continue to b patient. But let's b clear about something, this kid feels that he's a better option for Georgia under Center and expects to b given a chance to demonstrate that at some point THIS YEAR. He's already seen Tua unseat a 26-2 former SEC offensive player of the year and now his GOOD BUDDY Trevor Lawrence is "The Babe, The Boy" for the a CFP favorite (Especially now that Lawrence is the guy). Now he's not gonna just wrestle the job away From Jake based on their competition in practice cause Jake's Resume is too strong, but 1 bad performance by Jake this year that directly cost us a game look for Fields to start getting more and more PT and that could spell the beginning of the end of Jakes run as QB1 for the DAWGS. Fromm would have to throw the door wide open for that to happen THIS YEAR by injury or ineffectiveness but it's a totally plausible scenario and we saw what happened at Bama when Jalen in the words of his father ( U F'd up when u opened the door for him) My preference is for Jake to tighten his game up and lead this team to where it needs to go as Justin continues to learn the ropes. However, Fromm will need to continue to improve to get this team back to the CFP, and if not his backup will b ready to walk right thru that door. Also b advised that DJ Shockley Fields is not.

Comments

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you know Fields expects a chance this year? Did he tweet or something?

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

@GrayDawg said:
    How do you know Fields expects a chance this year? Did he tweet or something?

Sent him a text

Of course. I'm so behind the times, lol.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure more than a few folks on this forum got excited when they saw the bogus injury post this evening.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:
    I'm sure more than a few folks on this forum got excited when they saw the bogus injury post this evening.

I sure as heck did.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

And I thought this post was going to be about that other Soap Opera.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I was always a days of our lives fan

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@Kasey said:

"Like sand in an hourglass", Early 80ties it was all General Hospital. Had a girlfriend that got me into the Luke, Laura Saga.
    Thank God for FootBall!

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MeR3htid said:
    Trevor Lawrence by virtue of his eye opening performance against Ga.Tech has unofficially won Clemson's starting QB job. His good friend and fellow freshman phenom Justin Fields must continue to bide his time as Jake Fromm's backup (And for now rightfully so). So long as Georgia continues to win and Jake Fromm plays his usual efficient mistake free (For the most part) game Justin will have to continue to b patient. But let's b clear about something, this kid feels that he's a better option for Georgia under Center and expects to b given a chance to demonstrate that at some point THIS YEAR. He's already seen Tua unseat a 26-2 former SEC offensive player of the year and now his GOOD BUDDY Trevor Lawrence is "The Babe, The Boy" for the a CFP favorite (Especially now that Lawrence is the guy). Now he's not gonna just wrestle the job away From Jake based on their competition in practice cause Jake's Resume is too strong, but 1 bad performance by Jake this year that directly cost us a game look for Fields to start getting more and more PT and that could spell the beginning of the end of Jakes run as QB1 for the DAWGS. Fromm would have to throw the door wide open for that to happen THIS YEAR by injury or ineffectiveness but it's a totally plausible scenario and we saw what happened at Bama when Jalen in the words of his father ( U F'd up when u opened the door for him) My preference is for Jake to tighten his game up and lead this team to where it needs to go as Justin continues to learn the ropes. However, Fromm will need to continue to improve to get this team back to the CFP, and if not his backup will b ready to walk right thru that door. Also b advised that DJ Shockley Fields is not.

Flawed logic, do you think that the reason the Dawgs didn't win the National Championship last year was because of Fromm? You seem to be implying that if we lose a game or don't make it to a CFP's than it's Fromm's fault. If he were playing chess, tennis (singles) or golf your logic may hold but Jake Fromm is not the only person that plays for the Dawgs and yes he may play the most important position but he is not the sole determining factor on whether or not the Dawgs win. By your logic if Fields were the quarterback and the Dawgs lost should he shoulder all of the blame and be replaced? Kirby is doing a magnificent managing the team and the quarterbacks and both seem to be happy so perhaps we should leave well enough alone. There is no controversy with the quarterback position at UGA no matter how badly the media and others wish there was.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

@Kasey said:

"Like sand in an hourglass", Early 80ties it was all General Hospital. Had a girlfriend that got me into the Luke, Laura Saga.
    Thank God for FootBall!

Used to watch GH religiously w/mom whenever I was home on holiday. In her last years, I used to watch it daily and then call her at night and ask her questions about it to help stimulate her memory. That show has been on for over 50 years I think and still going pretty strong.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@DawgBones said:

@Kasey said:

Thank God for FootBall!

Used to watch GH religiously w/mom whenever I was home on holiday. In her last years, I used to watch it daily and then call her at night and ask her questions about it to help stimulate her memory. That show has been on for over 50 years I think and still going pretty strong.

I was a Y&R fan for a long time....Got hooked on it when I was a teenager in the mid-80s....I had pneumonia and was out of school for a few weeks, and all that was on the tube was soap operas. I used to record it for after school and work; the whole 9 yards. After the head writer died...Bill Bell....that show went to sh1t. Then a couple of long time actors on the show died...Jeannie Cooper, who played Mrs. Chancellor, for example...and I stopped watching about 5 years ago. It became the same old story-lines recycled with new actors. Surprised it's still on the air.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@DawgBones said:

@Kasey said:

Thank God for FootBall!

Uv for looking out for your mom in that way

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is no qb controversy at UGA.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

@JRT812 said:
    I didn’t realize there were so many people on this board that liked soap operas.... I’m going to go put on a flannel shirt, chop a tree, and maybe even wrestle a bear.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! He ll uva lot more fun than following , Istagrain, Tweeter and playing video games!