Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What should I name my new buddy?

jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My buddy Stafford died a year or so ago and we have another new buddy coming home in a few weeks. Y’all help me out! (I wanted to name him Richie or LeCounte, but the wife doesn’t like that name for a dog.)

What should I name my new buddy? 42 votes

Hunker Down (we’d call him Hunk)
16%
CZCashvilleDawgmleeinsertusernamehereSavageDawg1989KirbstomperbenjaminwgreggdawgOf2002 7 votes
Dooley (too cliché?)
4%
KaseySouthCarolinaDawg 2 votes
Kirby
28%
superblackeagleBullyDawgArchDawg90TheSmartWay12edAgDawggadawginpaKirb_your_enthusiasmDawg1419coastaldawghunterbeardmanateedave 12 votes
Something else (open to suggestions)
50%
DawgsaucedonmJayDogTomGrosetfk_fanboyBiffLowmanBulldawg90VaBeachDawgDGD28ugaforeverJackLatttyjay_kubzzWCDawgSoFL_DawgFirePlugDawgatadawgMeR3htidRPMdawgBrotatoChip88GrayDawg 21 votes

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the name Buck for a dog, and he kind of looks like a Buck. (Which isn’t that far from the word erk, just less nerdy sounding).

If you really want a link to Georgia’s football team, you could say he was named after Buck Belue. Although that was before his time.

One thing I’ve always like though is asking people about kind of obscure but not really obscure sports personalities. Like the way to know if anyone over the age of 40 is really from Atlanta or not is to ask them who Bob Horner is. Buck Belue would be a better test if Buck weren’t currently a sportscaster. But I bet the test works almost as well to see if someone is an old school Georgia Bulldog football fan.

I’ve never thought about it before, but I do like the way the word Belue sounds. It has a nice ring to it.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:
    Looks like an Erk to me.

Erk sounds pretty good.

What about Hot Rod?

And btw, that’s got to be the cutest dang dog ever. Congrats to you and your family.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@DawgBones said:
    Looks like an Erk to me.

Erk sounds pretty good.

What about Hot Rod?

And btw, that’s got to be the cutest dang dog ever. Congrats to you and your family.

Ha! Rodrigo would be a good name for a dog!

I bet you’d end up calling him Roddie instead of Hot Rod most of the time though.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shadow. What a beautiful pup.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Neo. It means new beginning. You and your family have a new beginning with this pup and our Dawgs have a new beginning of an dominant era. Seems natural to me. Either way with a pup that dang cute, doesn’t matter what u call him.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Savage

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Kirby

Voted for Kirby, but also like Munson, Erik, or Hershel.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Fred the G Sanford Call him Freddy G

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@DawgBones said:
    Looks like an Erk to me.

He does at that, he just needs a trickle of blood running down his forehead and he'd be a ringer, Erk werks for me.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim or Graham?

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elijah (Eli) Dooley ___(insert your last name)

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Erk. I mean, he always looked like a bulldog.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Kirby

Ours was named GEORGIA. She was a DGD . Enjoy him

Kirby does sound like a good name. But I don’t think I’d like hearing something about Coach Smart and having to do a double take because I’d think someone was talking about my dog. I’d think that would get annoying.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    I like Erk. I mean, he always looked like a bulldog.

I still wonder how things would have worked out if Dooley hired Erk instead of Ray Goff as his replacement as our HC. I'm sure he wouldn't have pissed off house painters like Goff did.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We really gotta install an LOL button.

• BrotatoChip88BrotatoChip88 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That pup would make a fine "Chubb".