Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Penalty Flag! Unsportsmanlike Conduct! UGA Fan Base

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@WCDawg said:
    Kirby has sewn the seeds of discontent with his split the baby, toe in the water handling of the QBs and offensive staff.

I'm not sure it's going to get better before it gets worse.
    His comments after the LSU game about the staff really thinking hard about using Fields more is just gas on the fire.
    Honestly, I'm close to hoping Fields transfers out after the season.

WC/RX, if you keep that anti-Dawg talk up, I suspect >99% of Georgia fans would like to see you transfer out of the fan base. Get control of yourself, men. You are talking like drunk Tennessee fans hating on your own team.

@PerroGrande said:

@WCDawg said:
    Kirby has sewn the seeds of discontent with his split the baby, toe in the water handling of the QBs and offensive staff.

His comments after the LSU game about the staff really thinking hard about using Fields more is just gas on the fire.

WC/RX, if you keep that anti-Dawg talk up, I suspect >99% of Georgia fans would like to see you transfer out of the fan base. Get control of yourself, men. You are talking like drunk Tennessee fans hating on your own team.

Blah, blah, blah.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

Blah, blah, blah.

...too bad you weren’t around in 80 to talk Herschel into leaving!!

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

I completely disagree. The discontent is high expectations, when realistically this was a young team. Young teams make mistakes and have bad days. Last year we had a lot of NFL ready players that came back for another year. This year not so much.

None of that accounts for the regressions at QB and WR.
    I think this situation has been misplayed and I don't see a course correction in Kirby's plans.

Having 2 great running backs go to the NFL doesn't account for a regression at QB? We also lost Wims. Also, I think our receiving core is better. We may be using too many of them.

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@UgaXforPresident said:

@WCDawg said:

An honest question for you @WCDawg . Do you think Fields transferring is in both his and the program's best interest? I personally think we are a better program with him in it, and that he can benefit greatly from leading our offense in the future.

I do think it would be in both parties' interest.
    All 3 parties really,I have no doubt it would be better for Fromm.

Would love to hear your reasons on why here?

I've given my reasons many times.
    I think this dynamic is bad for the program in general and far from ideal for either QB.

Losing talent only helps when you have better talent to replace the lose which UGA doesn't. So that want help UGA
    Fields leaving would be dumb on his part. Loses a year of playing time and he has a chance to win the job.
    Fields isn't Fromm's problem. Fromm is missing his supporting cast from last yr.

If Jacob E. hadn't gotten hurt last year we would have seen the same dynamic last year with the QB position. This is on Kirby not the QBs.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very sincere post @BigDawg1

I think we needed a few days to calm down before seeing a post like this. In the SEC the expectations are extremely high and the pressure will be high for a program like us trying to win a national title, especially when you haven't won it in nearly 40 years unlike other SEC teams who have more recent ones. Some of the issues we are having with the offensive play calling against LSU, didn't just start against LSU, it's been going on all season long. We just knew that if our offense kept playing vanilla, we were going to be exposed against a good team, and it happened in Death Valley last week. Anyways, onto this bye week and Florida eventually.

• Options

@PerroGrande said:

@WCDawg said:

Blah, blah, blah.

...too bad you weren’t around in 80 to talk Herschel into leaving!!

Yeah, cause we had such an established RB and Hershel had done nothing to warrant taking his job, makes sense.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@BojanglesInsider said:
    We the fanbase can be especially potato when it comes to QB situations.
    There were people who didn't trust the coaches' decision on Fromm vs Eason and they felt the need to debate on the internet about it. This year there are people who don't trust the Fromm vs Fields decision and they feel the need to debate on the internet about it.... Keep your head on a swivel for 2019 QB1 vs Plumlee.

Don't laugh. You know it's coming.

Very few things I read questioned the decision to keep Jake as the starter. He'd proved himself by the time Eason was healed.
    The only similar situation as far as fans sentiments was Greene and Shockley, but Richt never wavered in saying Greene was the starter.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great original post. Spun out some from there,but. GREAT ORIGINAL POST!!!

• Options

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@UgaXforPresident said:

@WCDawg said:

An honest question for you @WCDawg . Do you think Fields transferring is in both his and the program's best interest? I personally think we are a better program with him in it, and that he can benefit greatly from leading our offense in the future.

I think this dynamic is bad for the program in general and far from ideal for either QB.

Losing talent only helps when you have better talent to replace the lose which UGA doesn't. So that want help UGA
    Fields leaving would be dumb on his part. Loses a year of playing time and he has a chance to win the job.
    Fields isn't Fromm's problem. Fromm is missing his supporting cast from last yr.

If Jacob E. hadn't gotten hurt last year we would have seen the same dynamic last year with the QB position. This is on Kirby not the QBs.

You don't know that we'd have had this situation last year if Eason hadn't been injured.
    This is not common at all, still, Eason hadn't been nearly as successful his freshman season as Fromm was last year, not remotely.

• Options

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

I completely disagree. The discontent is high expectations, when realistically this was a young team. Young teams make mistakes and have bad days. Last year we had a lot of NFL ready players that came back for another year. This year not so much.

I think this situation has been misplayed and I don't see a course correction in Kirby's plans.

Having 2 great running backs go to the NFL doesn't account for a regression at QB? We also lost Wims. Also, I think our receiving core is better. We may be using too many of them.

NO, losing Nick and Sony has virtually nothing to do with what we're seeing at QB this year. Wims might be a small factor, but we're deeper at WR than we were last year.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

NO, losing Nick and Sony has virtually nothing to do with what we're seeing at QB this year. Wims might be a small factor, but we're deeper at WR than we were last year.

Alrighty, going to have to agree to disagree. Making this a habit.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    There were people who didn't trust the coaches' decision on Fromm vs Eason and they felt the need to debate on the internet about it. This year there are people who don't trust the Fromm vs Fields decision and they feel the need to debate on the internet about it.... Keep your head on a swivel for 2019 QB1 vs Plumlee.

Very few things I read questioned the decision to keep Jake as the starter. He'd proved himself by the time Eason was healed.
    The only similar situation as far as fans sentiments was Greene and Shockley, but Richt never wavered in saying Greene was the starter.

But we can't win games without Eason, Eason's arm is the only way we ever win another game. Fromm can't win big games. We're gonna even get blown out by Kentucky if we don't start Eason. (This was especially repeated after the first Auburn game.)

The dynamic of fan sentiment maybe different, but the peanut gallery style of debate is the exact fricking same from some of the people who seem to think Fields is SEC ready.

Sure there were a few who still called for Eason once he healed, but from what I saw and read the overwhelming majority of fans and pundits thought Jake was the right choice.

• Options

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

Alrighty, going to have to agree to disagree. Making this a habit.

Sorry, I usually don't even notice who post what, I assure you I'm not targeting you or anybody else.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

But we can't win games without Eason, Eason's arm is the only way we ever win another game. Fromm can't win big games. We're gonna even get blown out by Kentucky if we don't start Eason. (This was especially repeated after the first Auburn game.)

The dynamic of fan sentiment maybe different, but the peanut gallery style of debate is the exact fricking same from some of the people who seem to think Fields is SEC ready.

Sure there were a few who still called for Eason once he healed, but from what I saw and read the overwhelming majority of fans and pundits thought Jake was the right choice.

Maybe a majority of pundits and fans IRL. There were still enough debate threads on this forum to make me lose faith in humanity until the SECCG

I probably read some, but I wasn't posting here while Eason was at UGA.

I see your point though. many fans scream for the back up when things go a bit wrong.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OP was great, then it spun out of control a little bit. Exactly what the OP was talking about. I can't imagine the pressure these teenagers are under. Old f'rs like us scrutinizing every move they make and calling them out if we don't like something. Brutal. My son played DII ball his freshman year. No scholarship, just loved to play. The hours he put in at practice were incredible. His grades suffered and he had to leave the team the following year. But the experience of being a parent of an NCAA football player were eye opening. I can't imagine being a kid who is on ESPN regularly.

Anyway, this is still an elite team. Great things are on the horizon...maybe not a NC this year, but I believe we will get there. Don't let one bad game spoil your attitude. Nobody wins every game every year.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

I'm wondering if this "QB controversy" is simply a figment of the media and fanbase's imagination. I haven't heard any grumblings from Fields. He's here to learn to be an NFL caliber pocket passer. We know he has the legs to be an elite college RPO QB...but those guys are one knee injury from being unemployed. What's the likelihood of a running QB in the SEC to survive three years without major injury? You only need one good season to be a Top 5 draft pick. I think Fields if probably OK with not starting as a true freshman.

• Options
    paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some of you so called Dawg fans need to follow Big Dawg1 leed. He is a true dawg fan and not a whiny baby like some of you little poodles. Yeah I was not happy with the out come and how we got away from the run so quick but Im a dawg and I love my dawgs!!!! So **** it up and quit acting like poodles or a chihuahuas act like a DAWG!!!!!!

• Options

@paulpaul said:
    Some of you so called Dawg fans need to follow Big Dawg1 leed. He is a true dawg fan and not a whiny baby like some of you little poodles. Yeah I was not happy with the out come and how we got away from the run so quick but Im a dawg and I love my dawgs!!!! So **** it up and quit acting like poodles or a chihuahuas act like a DAWG!!!!!!

You should have saved that for your 20th post, I believe 20 is bronze.

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@UgaXforPresident said:

@WCDawg said:

You don't know that we'd have had this situation last year if Eason hadn't been injured.
    This is not common at all, still, Eason hadn't been nearly as successful his freshman season as Fromm was last year, not remotely.

You don't know that we wouldn't have had it either!
    Eason beat out Fromm for the starting spot last yr. Eason stays healthy and wins games guess Fromm would be SOL in your world WCDawg.

• Options

@pgjackson said:
    I'm wondering if this "QB controversy" is simply a figment of the media and fanbase's imagination. I haven't heard any grumblings from Fields. He's here to learn to be an NFL caliber pocket passer. We know he has the legs to be an elite college RPO QB...but those guys are one knee injury from being unemployed. What's the likelihood of a running QB in the SEC to survive three years without major injury? You only need one good season to be a Top 5 draft pick. I think Fields if probably OK with not starting as a true freshman.

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@UgaXforPresident said:

@WCDawg said:

You don't know that we wouldn't have had it either!
    Eason beat out Fromm for the starting spot last yr. Eason stays healthy and wins games guess Fromm would be SOL in your world WCDawg.

I don't know that a bear won't crash through my front door and take a leak on my living room floor either.