Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Penalty Flag! Unsportsmanlike Conduct! UGA Fan Base

13»

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

It appears that a particular poster is interested in his post count more than anything. One reason he's on my ignore list because it cuts the reading time on these threads in half.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@WCDawg said:
    Kirby has sewn the seeds of discontent with his split the baby, toe in the water handling of the QBs and offensive staff.

I'm not sure it's going to get better before it gets worse.
    His comments after the LSU game about the staff really thinking hard about using Fields more is just gas on the fire.
    Honestly, I'm close to hoping Fields transfers out after the season.

WC/RX, if you keep that anti-Dawg talk up, I suspect >99% of Georgia fans would like to see you transfer out of the fan base. Get control of yourself, men. You are talking like drunk Tennessee fans hating on your own team.

I sometimes agree with WCDawg and agree with some of what he seems to be saying here, but there are solutions far better than a transfer. WCDawg can name some.

An excellent, scholarship QB who just happens to be our only backup scholarship QB might be an asset to hang onto.

Just saying...

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

...too bad you weren’t around in 80 to talk Herschel into leaving!!

Yeah, cause we had such an established RB and Hershel had done nothing to warrant taking his job, makes sense.

Herschel and Justin were similarly rated out of high school at their respective positions. Dooley said he didn’t know what he had in Herschel. He sort of ran like a fullback and probably didn’t appear SEC ready to the staff. I’m glad you weren’t there to run Herschel off because his reps were making the starter, Norris, nervous! Of course, we know the rest of that story.

My point is that nobody knew how good Herschel was until he proved it on the field and he didn’t convince them in practice, just like nobody knows how good Fromm and Fields are going to be. The light could come on for Fields against the Gators next Saturday (much like Fromm vs. App State), or it could be a slower process like many other great QBs. It could take Justin a season or two to get SEC ready in all phases of his game. You don’t know when that is going to happen; I don’t know; Kirby doesn’t know, and Fields doesn’t even know. He could even end up being a flop. You also don’t know that Fromm will stay healthy. We may win out and we could need Justin to take the reins against Alabama. The fact that you could write that you were considering “hoping Fields transfers out after the season,” borders on Dawgnation treason, WC. That’s drunk Vol talk there, man.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:
    I'm wondering if this "QB controversy" is simply a figment of the media and fanbase's imagination. I haven't heard any grumblings from Fields. He's here to learn to be an NFL caliber pocket passer. We know he has the legs to be an elite college RPO QB...but those guys are one knee injury from being unemployed. What's the likelihood of a running QB in the SEC to survive three years without major injury? You only need one good season to be a Top 5 draft pick. I think Fields if probably OK with not starting as a true freshman.

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@mlee said:

@WCDawg said:

@UgaXforPresident said:

@WCDawg said:
    Kirby has sewn the seeds of discontent with his split the baby, toe in the water handling of the QBs and offensive staff.

His comments after the LSU game about the staff really thinking hard about using Fields more is just gas on the fire.

An honest question for you @WCDawg . Do you think Fields transferring is in both his and the program's best interest? I personally think we are a better program with him in it, and that he can benefit greatly from leading our offense in the future.

I do think it would be in both parties' interest.
    All 3 parties really,I have no doubt it would be better for Fromm.

Would love to hear your reasons on why here?

I've given my reasons many times.
    I think this dynamic is bad for the program in general and far from ideal for either QB.

Losing talent only helps when you have better talent to replace the lose which UGA doesn't. So that want help UGA
    Fields leaving would be dumb on his part. Loses a year of playing time and he has a chance to win the job.
    Fields isn't Fromm's problem. Fromm is missing his supporting cast from last yr.

If Jacob E. hadn't gotten hurt last year we would have seen the same dynamic last year with the QB position. This is on Kirby not the QBs.

You don't know that we'd have had this situation last year if Eason hadn't been injured.
    This is not common at all, still, Eason hadn't been nearly as successful his freshman season as Fromm was last year, not remotely.

You don't know that we wouldn't have had it either!
    Eason beat out Fromm for the starting spot last yr. Eason stays healthy and wins games guess Fromm would be SOL in your world WCDawg.

I don't know that a bear won't crash through my front door and take a leak on my living room floor either.

I know a guy who sells doors...sturdy ones too!

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, I'm hoping that Justin Fields not transfer out because if he goes to 1 of our rivals I'm gonna have Quintuplets man and that would b PAINFUL. ESPECIALLY if it's to Florida. But what I hope is that he goes to the coaching staff and tells them that if he can't beat Fromm out (And I don't know if he can or not) by next season then take a redshirt and create 2 years of separation between the 2. This would put Jake Fromm at ease to where he's not looking over his shoulder and can lead what will still b a young team next year. But it'll b led by an experienced Jr (Fromm obviously)and the 2019 DT QB (Plumlee who's a baller, trust me. I dare u.) can come in as a change of pace where needed. But something tells me that if he's(Fields) not starting by next year he will surely transfer and I'll probably go into labor as soon as I get the news. But GO DAWGS either way.

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If he left for playing time then he has had a change of heart. He committed with 2 5 star QBs in front of him and one who just played for a natty! Just wanted a chance to compete and I’m sure he is getting that in practice. Lot of garbage time wasted on him handing the ball off or sitting while the walk on hands the ball off.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2018

If the coaches can’t handle the parsing of all their words and the criticism of their every decision they’re in the wrong profession.
    And as for the players, if their Psyches are so fragile that criticism, even the un-informed and unfair variety from a diverse fan-base, can damage their egos, self-opinion and confidence, then they should go to some back-water JUCO somewhere.
    And then there’s this forum……..is it really a forum or is it an encounter group focused on sensitivity training?
    Silliness, pap and pedantry bother me more than observations from stoopid posters.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:

@PerroGrande said:

@WCDawg said:

WC/RX, if you keep that anti-Dawg talk up, I suspect >99% of Georgia fans would like to see you transfer out of the fan base. Get control of yourself, men. You are talking like drunk Tennessee fans hating on your own team.

I sometimes agree with WCDawg and agree with some of what he seems to be saying here, but there are solutions far better than a transfer. WCDawg can name some.

An excellent, scholarship QB who just happens to be our only backup scholarship QB might be an asset to hang onto.

Just saying...

Go, Dawgs!

It's not that simple.
    It's already to the point of being an issue, I don't see how this plays out well for all 3 sides.
    I think we'd be in a better place right now as a team if not for the dynamic of Fromm/Fields, and I suspect it could just be starting, no pun intended.

• Options
    BigDawg1BigDawg1 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

So this generated way more talk than I thought it would. I think the coaches have a place for both QB's, now and for the future. I also think that Kirby is super careful not to expose the real plan so that teams can't game plan against it. He seems to be calculated in his answers. Also, he is asked about this ALL THE TIME. I mean, almost daily. At some point, you just start giving quick easy answer just to move on. UGA understands their issues. They understand the work it takes. We will have a great season. Please remember, Jake Fromm has only lost 3 games total. 3. That's less than most SEC teams this year alone. Maybe act like he is at least a decent football player? Justin's time to shine is coming. Promise. We will be a more efficient, physical, and mature team come Jax. No doubt about it. GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!