Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

OT: Favorite Bourbon?

13»

Comments

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Drinking some comfort whiskey to treat myself since georgia lost

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:
    Wild turkey

have you had the wild turkey rare breed or masters keep?

Only 101

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Under 40: Eagle Rare- my house pour

40-80: Blantons Weller 10 and 12 if you can find it. Haven't opened the 12 year yet.

100 and up: Stagg or Elmer T Lee. Haven't opened the Stagg but have had it at bars.

200 and up: Papi, the only one I haven't been able to add to the collection yet.

Scotch:Bunnahaibhan 18 or Lagavulin 8.

I basically only spend disposable income on booze.

Shocked any of these are left after Saturday.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DGDinNYC said:

good collection right there. I like the Elmer T Lee and the OWA a lot. Blantons and EHT are two of my main drinkers. Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and Weller are what sit on my shelf for guests to help themselves to

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@DGDinNYC said:

good collection right there. I like the Elmer T Lee and the OWA a lot. Blantons and EHT are two of my main drinkers. Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and Weller are what sit on my shelf for guests to help themselves to

Thank you sir. I stumbled upon a nice ship owner who helps me out. Hoping to secure some Van Winkle in January or Feb. Will only open it once the Dawgs beat Bama.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I rarely drink adult beverages these days but a 60/40 Makers Mark cranberry juice mix is fantastic.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a teacher and a coach with 3 kids so keep that in mind...

Top Shelf: Evan Williams
    Medium: Evan Williams
    Bottom shelf: Evan Williams

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DGDinNYC said:
    Under 40: Eagle Rare- my house pour

40-80: Blantons Weller 10 and 12 if you can find it. Haven't opened the 12 year yet.

100 and up: Stagg or Elmer T Lee. Haven't opened the Stagg but have had it at bars.

200 and up: Papi, the only one I haven't been able to add to the collection yet.

Scotch:Bunnahaibhan 18 or Lagavulin 8.

I basically only spend disposable income on booze.

''disposable income'' is an interesting concept.
    I'm not sure I've ever been lucky enough to have any of that. It's always taken a bit of sacrifice from some other area when I spend money. I do get the need to fit pleasurable spending into the budget though. Life is what we experience while preparing for the future.

• AvgJoeAvgJoe Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OWA. 107 is about perfect for sipping IMHO.

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a great thread for after the SECCG......
    Wood ford reserve and Weller
    Every day drankin - Makers
    Ice and a splash of water and a few minutes of marination

Like JR used to order at the Cattleman’s Club - Burbon and branch .... Darlin ....!

• LongGoneDawgLongGoneDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Elmer T. Lee...especially before he passed.