Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

OT: Favorite Bourbon?

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:
    Top Shelf- George T Stagg, William Larue Weller, Blanton's Straight From The Barrell
    Mid Shelf- Blanton's Single Barrell, Stagg Jr batch 9, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel and Barrel Proof
    Bottom Shelf- Weller 12 Antique and Special Reserve, EH Taylor single barrel, 4 Roses single barrel

So 150 bucks for a 5th is ''bottom shelf'' ?
    These threads tickle me.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

-Sky Box Suites
    Bookers or if you can find the Pappy

-Mid Level Seats
    Woodford or Makers 46

-Upper Level Seats
    Jim Beam Double Oak or Black

I’ve come to the point where all I need is some ice and a splash of water and I mean just a splash . Let it melt down a lil bit and enjoy. Unless it’s the Beam, this point the coke gets added as a mixer

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:
    Top Shelf- George T Stagg, William Larue Weller, Blanton's Straight From The Barrell
    Mid Shelf- Blanton's Single Barrell, Stagg Jr batch 9, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel and Barrel Proof
    Bottom Shelf- Weller 12 Antique and Special Reserve, EH Taylor single barrel, 4 Roses single barrel

These threads tickle me.

Weller 12-$40
    OWA-$35
    WSR-$17.99
    CEHTSiB-$45
    4RSB- $39.99

Not sure what prices you pay or what is considered affordable for your budget, but yes, those would be my daily sippers.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

conecuh ridge whiskey

It's awesome. Granted my really high end whiskey experience is a little lacking.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

These threads tickle me.

Weller 12-$40
    OWA-$35
    WSR-$17.99
    CEHTSiB-$45
    4RSB- $39.99

Not sure what prices you pay or what is considered affordableIf for your budget, but yes, those would be my daily sippers.

ok.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure if this counts, but I also absolutely love Jameson Irish Whiskey. I'll get the high end stuff occasionally, but I love the basic stuff on the rocks.

It's strange, this is the second whiskey tastes thread I've seen this on the web this week. Hmmm

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listing because I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but it's a solid choice. If you can find it near you, you should try it. It's available here in Chattanooga.

Angel's Envy - $60
    Angel's Envy Rye - $72

My friends in MI love it and they can't get it so I take some up whenever I travel for work.

Game-Day: Maker's Mark
    Favorite: Blanton's Gold

Fun Story: I was in Germany a few months ago and the hotel I was in offered Blanton's, Four Roses, Jack Daniels, and Jim Beam all for the same price...

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

These threads tickle me.

Weller 12-$40
    OWA-$35
    WSR-$17.99
    CEHTSiB-$45
    4RSB- $39.99

Not sure what prices you pay or what is considered affordable for your budget, but yes, those would be my daily sippers.

I can get all of them for those prices except for the single barrel. The single barrel runs me 85ish if I can even find it

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had a few of the SiB and W12 bunkered thankfully, so I haven’t had to search for a while. I’ve heard that the recent craze and strict allocations have doubled the price on both of those. I might would pay $85 for the EH Taylor, but no chance on the W12. I think OWA is superior to W12 anyway.

• Options

@BoroDawg said:
    I had a few of the SiB and W12 bunkered thankfully, so I haven’t had to search for a while. I’ve heard that the recent craze and strict allocations have doubled the price on both of those. I might would pay $85 for the EH Taylor, but no chance on the W12. I think OWA is superior to W12 anyway.

The EH single is worth the 85 dollars to me, OWA is running close to the same on the secondary market if unable to locate in the store

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

The wet kind

Also, I’ve had a glass of Pappy on a date courtesy of Chris Stapleton

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

A wife that enjoys "red" liquor your husband is a lucky man. Good luck with the delivery.

Thank you! Some of my husband’s buddies have promised us a bottle of Pappy as a baby gift! I can’t wait!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@allyw said:

@Lefty13 said:

A wife that enjoys "red" liquor your husband is a lucky man. Good luck with the delivery.

Thank you! Some of my husband’s buddies have promised us a bottle of Pappy as a baby gift! I can’t wait!

It goes down like syrup

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm more of a gin and **** dude. My worst mornings have been after drinking whiskey. A lot of tail between my legs, and apologies made. Jagermeister is everyone's nemesis, IMO.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

@ugaforever said:
    I'm more of a gin and **** dude. My worst mornings have been after drinking whiskey. A lot of tail between my legs, and apologies made. Jagermeister is everyone's nemesis, IMO.

Same here my friend. I respect the bourbon and scotch drinkers here and enjoy their post. However, my "dark" liquor drinking days ended in my early 30's. I drank my fair share of bourbon and scotch then, and when I was in college. Nothing finer on game day. As I got older, the dark liquors tended to adversely affect me into the next day and I found my attitude was more hostile when I drank it. I chose to stick with v od ka for the reason that, with a good brand, I have no after affects the following day. I am also more relaxed after a drink or 3. Has kept me out of trouble for many years now.....

But by no means to take anything away from all you bourbon drinkers. Just wish I could enjoy it as you do.

BTW.- H e ll of lot more interesting topic than all the c ra p in the other categories. Dawg Nation Meltdown. Let's go pour a stiff one and enjoy the ride boys.....and Ally.......

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will be honest @PharmDawg2054 bro, I really dont ever have a stiff drink, but after logging on and reading some of the same ole crap posts about the QB’s and recruiting.....I may have something crappy like a wild turkey to put me out of my misery

• Options
    RockdaleBulldogs1992RockdaleBulldogs1992 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Lefty13 said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned Maker's Mark.

Maker's Mark 46... Yes Sir!!

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makers mark us overrated

• Options

@benjaminwgregg said:
    Wild turkey

have you had the wild turkey rare breed or masters keep?