Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Trae Young is killing his value by chucking bricks from half court...

2»

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:
    Should have taken doncic but I've given up on the hawks ever making a good top draft pick

Free Danny Ferry!

Well, he was freed of his responsibilities to The Hawks.

Where is he now? Is he back in the league or has he been blackballed?

Special advisor to the GM for New Orleans Pelicans. Still lives in Atlanta.

I was sure the man was a genius after somehow getting rid of Joe j nightmarish contract

I would have loved to see how Danny would have used all the chips he had accumulated in draft picks and trade equity. The position he left the team with was squandered.

He surely wouldn't have let key pieces walk for nothing... and set the organization back 5 years.... Coach Bud was a joke...

Bud was a good partner with Ferry, but he was heinous as a GM

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:
    Should have taken doncic but I've given up on the hawks ever making a good top draft pick

Free Danny Ferry!

I was sure the man was a genius after somehow getting rid of Joe j nightmarish contract

I would have loved to see how Danny would have used all the chips he had accumulated in draft picks and trade equity. The position he left the team with was squandered.

He surely wouldn't have let key pieces walk for nothing... and set the organization back 5 years.... Coach Bud was a joke...

Bud got put in a hard position when Ferry got fired. Coaches should not be GMs.

He requested complete control of the team and recd GM of the year (or was at least in discussion) because he claimed it was all him.
    He Bogarted the c r a p out of that position.

Bud was a joke... At least the new owner found that out and was glad to get rid of him.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Free Danny Ferry!

no argument from me on that. He was really bad

@YaleDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Free Danny Ferry!

I think he lobbied for the job though. Word is he left because the GM role was being taken from him.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@YaleDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Free Danny Ferry!

He requested complete control of the team and recd GM of the year (or was at least in discussion) because he claimed it was all him.
    He Bogarted the c r a p out of that position.

Bud was a joke... At least the new owner found that out and was glad to get rid of him.

Bud is a really good coach. Terrible GM. The team was heading towards a major rebuild and he wanted to go to a team that could compete now. His departure was a mutual agreement.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Free Danny Ferry!

"partner" in the sense that I am with my wife. She asks me what I want from the store... she usually gets me something "similar" to what I wanted that is better for me, or better than what I actually asked for.

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Free Danny Ferry!

"partner" in the sense that I am with my wife. She asks me what I want from the store... she usually gets me something "similar" to what I wanted that is better for me, or better than what I actually asked for.

Yep, what would you like from the draft Bud ?
    I could sure use a good shooter and a passer from the low post Danny.
    You got it big fella.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't had many chances to watch them except highlights. Are any of these 3s Trae is taking as the shot clock is running down? I have seen some players that have had their shot percentage affected by being the one left with the ball on a bad possession.

@TNDawg71 said:
    I haven't had many chances to watch them except highlights. Are any of these 3s Trae is taking as the shot clock is running down? I have seen some players that have had their shot percentage affected by being the one left with the ball on a bad possession.

I don't watch entire games, I only do that with UGA football. Many if not most of his looong shots are not about the time clock though. If the defender gives him a bit of space, his reaction is to shoot.
    If I was his coach I'd have him work on getting open in the half court offense, it's a very different skill.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Young needs to pick it up and shoot more long 3's. The Hawks are only in 3rd place in this year's Tankathon. For once, they need to execute their plan, come in with the worst record, and hold their breath when they draw those ping pong balls knowing they have the best odds to get whoever they think is the best pick next year. Are the odds better that they get the first pick...or that they use it on the wrong player? Story continues next June.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ChicagoDawg said:
    Young needs to pick it up and shoot more long 3's. The Hawks are only in 3rd place in this year's Tankathon. For once, they need to execute their plan, come in with the worst record, and hold their breath when they draw those ping pong balls knowing they have the best odds to get whoever they think is the best pick next year. Are the odds better that they get the first pick...or that they use it on the wrong player? Story continues next June.

If their first choice is anyone not named Zion Williamson, they need to be drawn and quartered.

@donm said:

@ChicagoDawg said:

If their first choice is anyone not named Zion Williamson, they need to be drawn and quartered.

Williamson looks good, but it's very early yet. He'll probably be off the board when The Hawks' pick anyway.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@ChicagoDawg said:

Williamson looks good, but it's very early yet. He'll probably be off the board when The Hawks' pick anyway.

I wasn't clear - if they have the first pick and go for someone not named Zion Williamson, there'd need to be an investigation.

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@ChicagoDawg said:

I wasn't clear - if they have the first pick and go for someone not named Zion Williamson, there'd need to be an investigation.

I like Williamson, but he's so atypical I'm a bit skeptical as to how good of a long term NBA player he'll be. When a player's success is so dependent on physical dominance, I ask whether that dominance will carry over to the next level. Also, the monster dunks are not as valued as they once were, the league has shifted to being dominated by all around players who are dominant perimeter shooters and defenders. He might be all of those things, but I'm not ready to say I'd take him at #1.