Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What song gets you pumped to watch Georgia

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

So back when McGee's Pub was the alumni bar in NYC, they used to have a mix of songs on there before the game started. Some Georgia fight songs, some popular songs. I went for the 2012 SEC Championship game against Bama. Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" came on and all I could think of was how we would win. I was wrong, but that song still gets me pumped. What song gets you pumped to watch the game?

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until 2017 happened, the 2007/8 sugar bowl was the only start to finish dominating performance in prime time by the Dawgs that I can remember. There was an amazing highlight video on YouTube for a while set to AC/DCs thunderstruck. Last I looked it was gone, prolly copy right infringement or something.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Until 2017 happened, the 2007/8 sugar bowl was the only start to finish dominating performance in prime time by the Dawgs that I can remember. There was an amazing highlight video on YouTube for a while set to AC/DCs thunderstruck. Last I looked it was gone, prolly copy right infringement or something.

That's a good one. Randy Couture used to come out to that song

@12ed said:
    Owl City- Fireflies

I’m more of a Colbie Caillat - toes fan myself but live your dream.

• ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Teenage wasteland by The Who

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Baba O’Riley by The Who!!!

@chub4Chubb said:
    No Mo play in GA- pastor Troy

That’s got to be a DSGB bringing a pastor Troy reference.

• chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VaBeachDawg said:

@chub4Chubb said:

Cmon!!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chub4Chubb said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@chub4Chubb said:

Cmon!!

Well uh huh

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Manowar "The Crown and the Ring (Lament of the Kings)"

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sail by AWOL Nation

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fever Ray "If I Had a Heart" The theme song from Vikings

• Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Jawga” by the Jawga Boyz

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

(I haven't been in stadium in years so I do not know the ritual or sequence) Warning: I am not musical. Now that the team will have a centered tunnel entrance that is good enough reason to formalize/re-do a ritual perhaps to an extent not done before. Wiki gives the current ritual under The Battle Hymn... heading, link below).

I'm thinking a Calling of the Dawgs before the team is seen in the tunnel. Followed by a drumline (percussion) just before the team is seen in the tunnel (would be their cue to get into the tunnel) Then a fanfare (brass) just before the team leaves the tunnel. Followed by some head banging loud rousing music as the team leaves the tunnel and continuing until the team settles to the sidelines. (Appropriate music before/after: the coin flip and kick-off and National Anthem There has to be a "Glory" perhaps just before kick-off (?) In summary: Have a tight format tied to on field activities. Plus another drumline somewhere - I like drums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory,Glory(fight_song)

Drum corps:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JYJgbz-iDi0

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5EtpSx87g

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here's an oldey for you. - Bulldawg bite by Clisby Clarke.

• jt200jt200 Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

@chub4Chubb said:

Soon as i saw the topic only song i could think of and ima DSGB

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's up big mouth
    You still talking, huh
    Well uh huh!!!

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Driving up to Boston by Dropkick Murphy or Kick it in the sticks Brantley Gilbert. N oh yea that ole Pastor Troy got my helmet hanging out the window

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For Who the Bell Tolls would rock so would
    Immortalized by Disturbed.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZYVeNaO7U

Me and my kids act all kinds of crazy around the house to this on game day.
    They love it!