Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jalen Hurts...He gone? A storm is brewing in T-town !

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If hurts leaves who does bama have as a back up?

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your screen shot threw my off. I immediately plugged in my phone to read the tweet.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I also wish he was the starting QB, especially in the second half of our game last January.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@law_dawg35 said:
    If hurts leaves who does bama have as a back up?

redshirt freshman Mac davis. they will be fine

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s messed up that they treated him that way. He gave his heart for that program.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, soon to be 1 5* without much non-garbage time experience and 2 3*’s with no game time experience at all in the Alabama QB room.

I guess they can stop promoting those ridiculous best QB room in the nation videos they were running,

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    So, soon to be 1 5* without much non-garbage time experience and 2 3*’s with no game time experience at all in the Alabama QB room.

I guess they can stop promoting those ridiculous best QB room in the nation videos they were running,

They have 2 4* coming in next year. One is tuas 5’11” brother the other is 6’4+

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In that same article didn’t I read he said it would be dumb to leave school with only 15 hours left? (Before December). I don’t think he is going anywhere, just taking the opportunity to get his shots after he grew tired of what he was hearing from Satan.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s not transferring. He’ll be a grad transfer for 19. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him wearing creamsicle orange.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    He’s not transferring. He’ll be a grad transfer for 19. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him wearing creamsicle orange.

Gross. Would rather see him try for the pros or something. We don’t need UT getting anything else from Bama. They already have big heads for getting a Bama coach, which I find ironic considering that Bama is still seen as their biggest rival.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I wonder if UTjr signs a good QB for 2019. Make no mistake though, Jalen would be a huge grad transfer

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Gross. Would rather see him try for the pros or something. We don’t need UT getting anything else from Bama. They already have big heads for getting a Bama coach, which I find ironic considering that Bama is still seen as their biggest rival.

If he doesn’t play much this year and still wants to be a QB instead of a skill player, I doubt he tests NFL. Seems to be easy for fit for Pruitt and co.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

He could also play for Gus.

Fun to dream up these options.

Go, Dawgs!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy is in a bind. He is not an NFL caliber QB. His best bet is to transfer and try another position. He’s a great athlete, just not a great QB. He has been surrounded by elite players the whole time making him look better than he really is. Put him on a second tier team and he will struggle. I like the guy. Seems like a high-character person.

@JimWallace said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

He could also play for Gus.

Fun to dream up these options.

Go, Dawgs!

That is kind of terrifying. He would be ideal in that goofy Auburn offense.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The title of the article is misleading. Tua was criticizing OUTSIDERS for stirring things up, not the team or coaches.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

If he doesn’t play much this year and still wants to be a QB instead of a skill player, I doubt he tests NFL. Seems to be easy for fit for Pruitt and co.

I don't see Hurts having any viable market value for an NFL team now. What position would he play ?
    If he's going to build interest from NFL teams he'll have to play some more college ball.

@WCDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I don't see Hurts having any viable market value for an NFL team now. What position would he play ?
    If he's going to build interest from NFL teams he'll have to play some more college ball.

He might be a better RB.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@WCDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

What he expresses disappointment at his team for (as per the title) is for not talking to him about what he thinks about the situation.

To me, this is just a product of what we keep hearing recruits calling a business like atmosphere at Bama. Recruits are already lumping Georgia in with “business like” football program. I hope Kirby can keep it just a notch or two below Bama in that regards. Being business like isn’t the only way to win championships. And it can be overdone just like everything else can be.