Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Question for the mods or whoever can do this.

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Can we get a delete post/thread option?

I'm not complaining about all of the various threads on the same topic, but at the pace that this forum is growing, one would assume that this will start to happen more often. If someone posts something like a minute before I do and I didn't see it, I would love to be able to delete mine and give the other user the podium for that subject. Then we could have one nice discussion on football/WWII/CB height/etc. on that thread.

Just a thought.

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I've always wondered why we can't delete our own post. Should be able to have that option especially after night of partaking in the beverages.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Guilty here. Wish I could delete several of my own.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Can we get a delete post/thread option?

I'm not complaining about all of the various threads on the same topic, but at the pace that this forum is growing, one would assume that this will start to happen more often. If someone posts something like a minute before I do and I didn't see it, I would love to be able to delete mine and give the other user the podium for that subject. Then we could have one nice discussion on football/WWII/CB height/etc. on that thread.

Just a thought.

Amen to that.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wish we could edit our post occasionally as well.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

You have an hour to edit. I've edited when somebody has already quoted the old/bad/humiliating words I now deleted.
    But after an hour, you are toast.

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

You have an hour to edit. I've edited when somebody has already quoted the old/bad/humiliating words I now deleted.

I know! The horror of posting it, then rethinking it and then BAM!! Somebody's got you by the n a d s and will drag you unmercifully through the whole thread.....

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Should own what you post even if it is stooopid. 1 hour to edit is more than reasonable, but no way should you be able to delete or edit past that, that is why most boards have active moderators, but since this is an AJC run board they have other jobs other than to babysit a bunch of so called adults......bahahhahaaa

@dawgnms said:
    Should own what you post even if it is stooopid. 1 hour to edit is more than reasonable, but no way should you be able to delete or edit past that, that is why most boards have active moderators, but since this is an AJC run board they have other jobs other than to babysit a bunch of so called adults......bahahhahaaa

My exception is this is when I eat tainted Bojangles biscuits, which may cause me to temporarily lose my ability of thought...and bowels....in no particular order. I should have at least 24 hours to edited or delete my post after those episodes......

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@ghostofuga1 said:

@dawgnms said:

My exception is this is when I eat tainted Bojangles biscuits, which may cause me to temporarily lose my ability of thought...and bowels....in no particular order. I should have at least 24 hours to edited or delete my post after those episodes......

Bowels in an uproar and diarrhea of the mouth are 2 separate issues.

If the powers that be gave members the delete function of thier posts then you could end up in a bunch of confusing one sided
    conversations, not to mention the quoted replies that are no longer there. So do you give members the function to delete thier quotes also thus editing and deleting another members posts.....see where I am going here......the inmates running the asylum........and you know as well as I do there are some who would take advantage of said function....nope best left alone or have some active mods or admins

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Yep, I try not to drink more than I can sober up from in 50 minutes or less while posting.

@ghostofuga1 said:

@dawgnms said:

I've noticed too much lysergic acid diethylamide gravy on my biscuits weirds me out.
    That might be what Dickens meant by ''more gravy than grave''.