Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is the verdict of the OSU investigation?

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the investigation is concluded what do they do?

What is the verdict of the OSU investigation? 59 votes

Fire Urban Liar
22%
mleedawgPigeonsDGD28PTDawgACPEPPER24BigDawg747pgjacksonbrentwilsonDawg1419WCDawgjudasdurantBsampson0317 13 votes
Lie about him being in policy and suspend
28%
donmsuperblackeagleCZCashvilleDawgMinnesotaDawgjosh31533DamnYankeeDawgbigdawg2223LazendaddygadawginpaUnderDog68gdawg4lifeSoFL_DawgbenjaminwgreggHollywoodDawgJrodPharmDawg2054RobbieRob14scooterdawg 17 votes
Lie and let him go right back to work
45%
amjadawgsJoelSidneyKellytiger_62082dawgwood82mattmd2BiffLowmanTdub0199jtdawg2020cf_ugamanJKFlyfishinsertusernamehereDawgsofWarbmauldinDawg14TBbendhutchi9christopherulesgreshamdiscoKaseyPeachCoDawg 27 votes
Fire Gene Smith
3%
AgDawgsauceddawg 2 votes

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Fire Urban Liar

I think it's very possible Liar and Smith will get crap canned.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

Fire Urban Liar

@Kasey said:
    They announce it sometime after 8pm so it won’t be in the news how they are keeping a man in a job who kept a wife beater teaching young men about how to respect women

In fairness to Liar, it's not as bad as say, running interference for a mass murderer...wait.

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

My fingers are crossed for a dismissal, but i don't see it happening. All of the vegas' prop bets have him staying a heavy favorite.

@Kasey said:

Looks like this is coming to fruition

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Kasey said:

Looks like this is coming to fruition

and how to take photos of his genitals and disrespect the White House.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They were finishing their investigation today and then making a report to present to the Board of Trustees, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

@coastaldawg said:
    They were finishing their investigation today and then making a report to present to the Board of Trustees, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

ah...this makes more sense

Fire Urban Liar

On a similar subject, Maryland's football HC has been fired tonight.

@WCDawg said:

Link?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:
    No news ...I guess....so far...I would think if they were going to keep him they would have announced it today...sound like they are trying to hammer out a settlement......My views is that either way he is done as an elite coach

@BoulderDawg said:

Not so fast my friend. You might be right, but I'll believe they fire him when I see it. I'm also not sure he'd be done as an elite coach either. Pressure to win leads many schools to overlook little details like those that have followed Meyer around.

edited August 2018
    Fire Urban Liar

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

Link?

No, I think I saw it at 247, or maybe ESPN, it should be easy to find.
    Edit. I'm not finding it now, which makes me think the report was wrong and it was deleted. It wasn't more than half an hour ago that I saw it.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:

We really don’t know. The investigative panel finished today and wrote a summary of their findings.

This memorandum goes to the Board of Trustees.

I don’t if the panel limited their findings to what they feel transpired or if they also included a recommendation for any actions to be taken by the University.

Regardless, the Board will have a meeting. Since it is a public University, this requires a 24 hour notice to the public.

Unless there is a leak, Tuesday or Wednesday will be the conclusion to this fiasco.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

@WCDawg said:

Somebody was gonna have to pay for that one. When a kid dies because he won't tap out in that kind of abusive environment...?
    And trust me, I get coaching. I am/was a coach and played under some world class ass chewers but nothing like I read going on at Maryland

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure if they are legit, but this website is claiming their sources are saying that he is going to be fired. I don’t know much about them, do any of y’all? Valid or not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/parthecourse.com/2018/08/20/breaking-urban-meyer-has-been-fired-at-ohio-state-after-14-day-investigation/amp/

Looking through their site, nothing they’ve reported is fake (as far as I can tell)

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some official quotes on the timeline suggest they may not announce quickly:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/17/17725492/ohio-state-investigation-update

@BoulderDawg said:
    I read this article...it's a false alarm....nothing but speculation.....The article doesn't say he was fired....It says Ohio is in the process of firing him and it's very vague.....My guess their sources is a tweet from god knows who....no real facts

i suspect you are corr ct , but that’s not the way that they worded it in this article at all. Did you read the same one that I did? Ive never hear of them before, so it may not be true though. Still, news often gets broken from somewhere before it becomes official. I agree that if it were the case, it would likely be reported on other sites by now though.

Sources out of Columbus, Ohio tell Par The Course that after a 14 day investigation, Ohio State is firing head coach Urban Meyer after concluding a “thorough, in-depth investigation”.