Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Top 5 dream home and home opponents

Comments

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Penn State
    Wisconsin
    USC
    Va Tech
    Florida State

Different parts of the country. Programs with winning histories and passionate fanbases. Great atmospheres.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Clempson
    2. USC
    3. Texas
    4. Ohio St.
    5. ND.
  • Options
    icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

Part I
    1. Miami
    2. Southern California
    3. Ohio State
    4. Texas
    5. Michigan

Part II
    6. Penn State
    7. Florida State
    8. California Berkeley
    9. Wisconsin
    10. Nebraska

Clemson coming soon
    Notre Dame already done

You walk into every major college football powerhouse and take their keys so they know whose their real daddy!

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tfk_fanboy said:

@mqg96 said:
    Here's my custom dream schedule for an epic UGA national title run.

Week 1: at South Carolina (white jerseys) W 18-16 (missed "doink" field goal by South Carolina kicker to end game)
    Week 2: vs Oklahoma (red jerseys) W 24-20 (Capitalizes off an 80 yard pick 6 and a blocked punt for TD)
    Week 3: vs Kennesaw State (red jerseys) W 45-7
    Week 4: at Alabama (white jerseys) W 30-24 (OT) (Overcomes 17 point deficit to end losing streak to long nemesis)
    Week 5: vs Tennessee (red jerseys) W 23-17 (Late goal line stand with 12 seconds left in the 4th quarter)
    Week 6: vs Vanderbilt (red jerseys) W 44-0
    Week 7: at Missouri (white jerseys) W 34-14
    Week 8: BYE WEEK
    Week 9: vs Florida (red jerseys) W 28-21 (Game tied late in 4th quarter but 98 yard pick 6 helps us prevail)
    Week 10: vs Auburn (black jerseys) L 38-37 (Falls in trap game)
    Week 11: at Kentucky (white jerseys) W 48-3
    Week 12: vs Georgia Tech (red jerseys) W 56-0 (Largest blowout in series)
    SEC Championship: vs Texas A&M (red jerseys) W 35-17
    Sugar Bowl Semi-Final: vs Notre Dame (red jerseys) W 24-3
    CFP National Championship: vs Ohio State (white jerseys) W 40-36 (The final drive to end the drought)

your dream schedule has a nailbiter over USC, a large deficit vs Alabama, Kennesaw St and an L at home vs Auburn?

6 points in overtime is a large deficit vs. Alabama!?

Every national championship winning team in the college football playoff era had at least one fluky loss.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@mqg96 said:

Week 1: at South Carolina (white jerseys) W 18-16 (missed "doink" field goal by South Carolina kicker to end game)
    Week 2: vs Oklahoma (red jerseys) W 24-20 (Capitalizes off an 80 yard pick 6 and a blocked punt for TD)
    Week 4: at Alabama (white jerseys) W 30-24 (OT) (Overcomes 17 point deficit to end losing streak to long nemesis)
    Week 5: vs Tennessee (red jerseys) W 23-17 (Late goal line stand with 12 seconds left in the 4th quarter)
    Week 9: vs Florida (red jerseys) W 28-21 (Game tied late in 4th quarter but 98 yard pick 6 helps us prevail)
    CFP National Championship: vs Ohio State (white jerseys) W 40-36 (The final drive to end the drought)

your dream schedule has a nailbiter over USC, a large deficit vs Alabama, Kennesaw St and an L at home vs Auburn?

Every national championship winning team in the college football playoff era had at least one fluky loss.

First, you said "Week 4: at Alabama (white jerseys) W 30-24 (OT) (Overcomes 17 point deficit to end losing streak to long nemesis)"

I think most would agree being down by 17 is a large deficit. Being ahead, by definition, is not a deficit so the margin of victory was not at question

Second, you said "custom dream schedule" so why on Earth would you build your dream schedule based on the champion the last 4 years having one loss? It is your "custom dream schedule" so feel free to use your imagination.

My "custom dream schedule" would not have Kennesaw St, would not have any losses (especially not at home to one of our biggest rivals), would not have us barely beat a middling USCe team, and would not have us down by 17 at any point vs anyone.

I get it, it is your dream schedule and not mine. But you dream about UGA beating Kennesaw St and losing to Auburn?

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tfk_fanboy said:

@mqg96 said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@mqg96 said:

First, you said "Week 4: at Alabama (white jerseys) W 30-24 (OT) (Overcomes 17 point deficit to end losing streak to long nemesis)"

I think most would agree being down by 17 is a large deficit. Being ahead, by definition, is not a deficit so the margin of victory was not at question

Second, you said "custom dream schedule" so why on Earth would you build your dream schedule based on the champion the last 4 years having one loss? It is your "custom dream schedule" so feel free to use your imagination.

My "custom dream schedule" would not have Kennesaw St, would not have any losses (especially not at home to one of our biggest rivals), would not have us barely beat a middling USCe team, and would not have us down by 17 at any point vs anyone.

I get it, it is your dream schedule and not mine. But you dream about UGA beating Kennesaw St and losing to Auburn?

I apologize for the misread. I stand by as corrected by you. You meant "deficit" instead of "margin" gotcha. The reason I made Georgia's games close is because a lot of national championship teams (especially the ones who only win once in several decades) have a lot of magically close nail biters or a lot of games decided by 7 or less. Look at 1980 Georgia, 1998 Tennessee, 2010 Auburn, or 2016 Clemson. Their season openers (or week 2 games) were nail biters against poor teams. It happens. Look at 2002 Georgia who finished 13-1, they narrowly escaped mediocre Clemson and South Carolina teams to start the season and they got better as the season went on. Any UGA fan knows South Carolina always plays us tough regardless of their record, especially when the game is in Columbia which is a brutal place to play for the dawgs. I want it to be exciting with crazy plays that helped us take the victory. Not boring blowouts like any fan of any team wishes. As a fan making this custom schedule I'm more opened minded and realistic about my predictions.

As for overcoming the deficit against Alabama, 2014 Ohio State and 2016 Clemson trailed by 14 against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl or national championship and they ended up coming from behind and winning and they won the national title those years. 2010 Auburn came back down from 24 in Tuscaloosa and won by 1 point. 2013 Florida State trailed Auburn and had to come back and win. BTW, I need to edit the schedule because I left out a regular season home game, there should be 12 games on the regular schedule and not 11. 13 weeks overall and not 12. I would have picked Georgia Southern for that one, and Kennesaw State is my college and their football program is very young, so I chose that one on purpose.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 I appreciate the explanation. I understand, even if I disagree with parts. And I totally get the Kennesaw St part now and can dig that

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why is the phrase "home and home" used to describe a schedule where we play at "my house this year and your house next year?"

Why not "home and away?"

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    Why is the phrase "home and home" used to describe a schedule where we play at "my house this year and your house next year?"

Why not "home and away?"

I loved philosophy in school. This is one of those "Hmmm" things for me. Maybe it's like the difference between a double pincer movement and an envelopment?

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Michigan with Khakis as the head coach
    2. Hawaii because we can get some of those nasty Pacific Islander defense linemen.
    3. Penn State just because I can’t stand the fan base in Northern Va
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Navy
  • Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Why not "home and away?"

Both play at home. k? :#

Someone once said he didn't understand the expression, "throwing the baby out with the bath water" A good man always knows his limitations.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nt60Uf2sfZY

• Options
    edited August 2018

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Why not "home and away?"

Someone once said he didn't understand the expression, "throwing the baby out with the bath water" A good man always knows his limitations.

Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk? I LOVED those films. And, I think, Harry C is over 6'2".

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Why not "home and away?"

Bc home is where the $$ is

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Why not "home and away?"

Do you feel lucky? Well, punk do you? I LOVED those films. And, I think, Harry C is over 6'2".

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NOVADAWG said:
    2. Hawaii because we can get some of those nasty Pacific Islander defense linemen.
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Navy

Navy...hadn’t thought of that. That would be a cool series.

• Options

@pgjackson said:

@NOVADAWG said:
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Navy

Yeah, another triple option team. Just what we need.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@NOVADAWG said:
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Navy

Yeah, another triple option team. Just what we need.

Agreed. Yeah... No offense to navy, but an away game at navy seems a little underachieving.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Why not "home and away?"

Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk? I LOVED those films. And, I think, Harry C is over 6'2".

But good hip flex.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all have the same schools more or less: OSU, USC, Michigan, Miami, Fl State, and Clemson. Just to be different, I’d add: Texas (would help recruiting and be a fun trip), California (another fun trip), and UNC (helps recruitment and not too far away).

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn't mind a Virginia Tech home and home or West Virginia both are good teams, good programs, and beatable.