Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who is Georgia's fastest player right now???

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2018 in Off Topic

I would just love to see an all out foot race between:

1. Mecole Hardman
  2. Demetrius Robinson
  3. Tyson Campbell
  4. Eric Stokes
  5. Terry Godwin
  6. Ahkil Crumpton
  7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

Who else is fast enough to hang with these???

Tagged:

Comments

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tyler Simmons can hang with this group.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sflanagan21 said:
    Stanley... Bake is fast too!

How Stanley isn't a receiving threat I'll never understand. He has near perfect size, excellent speed and he was a terror in hs.

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:

1. Mecole Hardman
    2. Demetrius Robinson
    3. Tyson Campbell
    4. Eric Stokes
    5. Terry Godwin
    6. Ahkil Crumpton
    7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

How many Track & Field TITLES could UGA win if these guys could participate???

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icecolddawg said:

@christopherules said:

1. Mecole Hardman
    2. Demetrius Robinson
    3. Tyson Campbell
    4. Eric Stokes
    5. Terry Godwin
    6. Ahkil Crumpton
    7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

I don’t think they are quite at that level. 10.3-10.4 in the 100m won’t get many points for you at nationals. FSU and UT used to always let their FB players participate in track - at least the ones who were national level. I don’t think Kirby would be into it. Just my .02.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@icecolddawg said:

@christopherules said:

1. Mecole Hardman
    2. Demetrius Robinson
    3. Tyson Campbell
    4. Eric Stokes
    5. Terry Godwin
    6. Ahkil Crumpton
    7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

I don’t think they are quite at that level. 10.3-10.4 in the 100m won’t get many points for you at nationals. FSU and UT used to always let their FB players participate in track - at least the ones who were national level. I don’t think Kirby would be into it. Just my .02.

Meyer had track guys playing for him at UF, Willie Gault was a star at Tenn.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ever since I pulled my hamy, I have to let these guys race without me. I take my name out of contention before any of you start asking why I was left out.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2018NCAA T&F Championship results. If Mecole, Stokes, Campbell or D-Rob focused on track I think they could hang, but there is a huge difference between 10.0 and 10.4.

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can see a couple of these guys on the 4x100 or 4x400 doing some damage though when coupled together. #ATD

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@icecolddawg said:

@christopherules said:

1. Mecole Hardman
    2. Demetrius Robinson
    3. Tyson Campbell
    4. Eric Stokes
    5. Terry Godwin
    6. Ahkil Crumpton
    7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

Meyer had track guys playing for him at UF, Willie Gault was a star at Tenn.

Jeff Demps. Got even faster once he gave up football. Something about not having huge people falling on his legs and such. Willie Gault, from Griffin HS? was also very elite talent. Richmond Flowers from UT was also a top flight hurdler.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

2018NCAA T&F Championship results. If Mecole, Stokes, Campbell or D-Rob focused on track I think they could hang, but there is a huge difference between

Tyson Cambells team mate Anthony Swartz who is an Auburn receiver this year has posted 10.13 or better while Cambell has posted 10.3 several times. They where both on American Hertige track team HS of Sony n Isiah McKenzie.
    Georgia has so many 5 guys sub 10.4 no better then 10.25 my guess.

@dawgbybirth said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

2018NCAA T&F Championship results. If Mecole, Stokes, Campbell or D-Rob focused on track I think they could hang, but there is a huge difference between

Tyson Cambells team mate Anthony Swartz who is an Auburn receiver this year has posted 10.13 or better while Cambell has posted 10.3 several times. They where both on American Hertige track team HS of Sony n Isiah McKenzie.

Not sure what your last sentence is meant to say.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@dawgbybirth said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

I think I got it...

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2018

@donm said:

@dawgbybirth said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Think the fastest 6 players are between 10.25 to 10.40 on the 100 meter.
    Andrew Thomas said been Ben Cleveland 325lbs hit 19 mph on the GPS.
    The entire team speed jumped big this year..

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Team speed is insane this year. Best I can remember for a UGA team

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:

1. Mecole Hardman
    2. Demetrius Robinson
    3. Tyson Campbell
    4. Eric Stokes
    5. Terry Godwin
    6. Ahkil Crumpton
    7. James Cook

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

Demetris

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speed is speed. Right? No! There is pure speed and there is speed in full football gear. Godwin has been praised for full football gear speed since coming out of high school. From what I’ve seen, the top “full pads” speed guys are Godwin, Campbell, Robinson and one not on this list – Justin Fields.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@amjadawgs said:
    Speed is speed. Right? No! There is pure speed and there is speed in full football gear. Godwin has been praised for full football gear speed since coming out of high school. From what I’ve seen, the top “full pads” speed guys are Godwin, Campbell, Robinson and one not on this list – Justin Fields.

Mecole, prob the fastest.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't leave off Tyler Simmons. But the winner will be Mecole hands down. There was a huge different between his breakaway touchdown and D Rob's.