Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Won’t be buying any Nike products. Other than being an NFL QB his claim to fame was kneeling for the National Anthem. Certainly his right as is my my right to hold disdain for Nike for promoting him. My 71 years and Vietnam service have probably “clouded my vision”, but I can live with that.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

So who will you be buying instead? Adidas? Reebok? New balance?

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@AndersonDawg said:

@Kasey said:

Didnt you see I am 71. Sketchers shoes and an adidas drool rag.
    PS: wore Sketchers golf shoes today as I shot my age in golf.

K

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

Anything but Nike, that’s for sure. Even Payless cheapies before Nike now.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Wait For It,,,,,,,,,, The Nike Kapernick ads will have, what for many, will be a perfectly balanced presentation. Logical, reasonable and buyable.
    A company that big does not make these decisions based on emotion or impulse. They've got actuaries and focus groups out the whazoo to do the numbers.
    Not what I would do, but personally, I will not buy Nike simply because they never seem to fit right.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This ad has not gotten a positive review from many people in media and society. I doubt it will last very long. Especially since he isn’t on a team.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nike is way more expensive than other shoes that are built the exact same way. You are a sucker if you were buying Nike shoes to begin with.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kevin Plank just got a chubby.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Is Nike selling knee-pads now? Why are they using that guy’s endorsement? No Nike here.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

Papa Johns just entered the shoe business.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.