Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA vs UT time announced

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,181 mod

Nothing like putting the beat down on a team wearing orange on a nice fall Saturday afternoon in front of a national TV audience, and also to see Pruitt meltdown during said beat down

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,932 mod
    edited September 2018

@BoroDawg said:

@mlee said:
    Hope the LSU game is at 3:30 too!

I remember a few years ago CBS broadcast the Alabama vs. LSU game at night. Hope that isn’t the case for this one.

That usually happens when there’s two good sec games. That week our game with LSU is probably the only good game and will be at 330 more than likely (230 local)

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just head on over to volnation. They arent exactly thrilled about it. Lol

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,181 mod

@tymoon31 said:

Fun reading about them talking about thier own beat down

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:

@tymoon31 said:

Fun reading about them talking about thier own beat down

I ALMOST feel bad for them. But then remember hearing dobbnail boot for a year

• Options
    NYCVolunteerNYCVolunteer Posts: 193 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How likely is it that we get a night game? If CBS gets the best game, and we’re the best team, should we continue to expect 3:30 kickoffs? I’d like to see us take on Auburn at night as this point. Was really expecting UT to be a night game.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    How likely is it that we get a night game? If CBS gets the best game, and we’re the best team, should we continue to expect 3:30 kickoffs? I’d like to see us take on Auburn at night as this point. Was really expecting UT to be a night game.

A team can only be featured on CBS five times per year. South Carolina was CBS 3:30 and so will Tennessee and Florida. Auburn and LSU may be as well.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

A team can only be featured on CBS five times per year. South Carolina was CBS 3:30 and so will Tennessee and Florida. Auburn and LSU may be as well.

Thanks didn’t know that. So it’s not likely we get a 7PM home game vs. anyone of substance...that does a small disservice to recruiting. Only games I could see are Vandy and GT.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@AgDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Thanks didn’t know that. So it’s not likely we get a 7PM home game vs. anyone of substance...that does a small disservice to recruiting. Only games I could see are Vandy and GT.

Unless UMass is a night game. MTSU was scheduled to be, so you never know. There usually aren't a ton of big games scheduled that weekend. I was really hoping Tennessee would be a night game.

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

TV schedule forecast

Vandy 7 , 7:15 or 7:30
    LSU 3:30
    FL 3:30
    Kentucky ( night game selection)
    Auburn 3:30 ( if LSU ends being 3:30 this would be the 5th) or a night 7:15 ESPN game. Bama faces Miss St.
    UMAss- Noon
    GTech - Sadly Noon due to how bad Tech has gotten. I remember when this was a primetime game. Now they chose Clemson and USC Jr.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,932 mod

@DawgFan2008 said:
    TV schedule forecast

Vandy 7 , 7:15 or 7:30
    LSU 3:30
    FL 3:30
    Kentucky ( night game selection)
    Auburn 3:30 ( if LSU ends being 3:30 this would be the 5th) or a night 7:15 ESPN game. Bama faces Miss St.
    UMAss- Noon
    GTech - Sadly Noon due to how bad Tech has gotten. I remember when this was a primetime game. Now they chose Clemson and USC Jr.

Wow, I'm coming in from out of town for the Vandy game...part of me would love a night game. Going with my old man though so he may need a nap beforehand

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may be wrong but I believe CBS has the ability to do a doubleheader one time per season. For example, on Nov. 10 they could put Bama and Cowbell Bulldogs at 330 and then put us and Auburn at 700 or 730.