Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Schottenheimer

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Wanna laugh?

You can listen to Mike Lombardi trash former UGA OC Brian Schottenheimer after the game last night. I giggled thinking about how awful that year was and how I knew this was going to happen to the Seahawks

It’s on the ringer nfl show at the five minute mark thereabouts

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Schottensh!tter is what I called him

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@PharmDawg2054 said:

I tried to talk myself into him. My friend at work is a Jets fan and he just shook his head anytime I talked about it. I learned pretty quickly

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you post link?

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Better than the words I used for him

@ColaDawg86 said:
    Can you post link?

Here you go. Some good nfl analysis too if that’s your thing...

https://www.theringer.com/2018/9/18/17875538/week-2-reactions

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@ColaDawg86 said:
    Can you post link?

Here you go. Some good nfl analysis too if that’s your thing...

https://www.theringer.com/2018/9/18/17875538/week-2-reactions

Thank you buddy!

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll never forget how all of the St Louis Rams fans cheered with joy when we announced his hiring. Now I know why

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I brought up a thread early in the summer because I had a laugh at a colleague who is a big Seahawks fan and he started boasting about the upcoming season. I tried to warn him and it’s funny you posted about Schotty because he came up to me today shaking his head and said he gets it.

@Dawgy_Fresh said:
    I brought up a thread early in the summer because I had a laugh at a colleague who is a big Seahawks fan and he started boasting about the upcoming season. I tried to warn him and it’s funny you posted about Schotty because he came up to me today shaking his head and said he gets it.

Haha I was doing the same thing. They were all optimistic too. One guy I know thought they could win the west. Oops. Bet he gets it now

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imagine what a sh!t show the Seahawks would be if they also had Grantham running their defense.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure if you all have read the Dawg post series on 2015 and the one article that focuses on Schottenheimer. It is pretty revealing...and nauseating.

• Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember when him and the guy who couldn't win the starting QB job at the University of Virginia were going to be the answer for all our troubles back then

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bsampson0317 said:
    I remember when him and the guy who couldn't win the starting QB job at the University of Virginia were going to be the answer for all our troubles back then

2015 Georgia had lost David Andrews, Todd Gurley, Michael Bennett, and Chris Conley from the 2014 team, so it was already going to be a struggle but Lambert + Schottenheimer made it even worse.

@Chopper said:
    Not sure if you all have read the Dawg post series on 2015 and the one article that focuses on Schottenheimer. It is pretty revealing...and nauseating.

Wanted to read it but it was behind a paywall

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

I prefer Schittenheimer or Schitty for short.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Schotty is a mediocre OC but I feel sorry for Russell Wilson. They've had a terrible OL for quite some time and their drafts have s u c k e d.

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know this isn’t goin to be a popular opinion but I think if Kirby had played Lambert his first year instead of Eason we would’ve won more games. I understand why he would play the “future” t get experience but I think Lambert was an average QB who had a terrible OC under Richt and would’ve have been okay in 2016.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Chopper said:

Wanted to read it but it was behind a paywall

Look it up on Reddit