Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

OSU Investigation report....

13»

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@Reeldawg said:

@PTDawg said:
    I know I'm treading dangerously here but hearing the investigation report and then the conclusion reminded so much of the Comey report about Clinton's emails/server scandal. Phrases like "poor judgement" and "a reasonable person would have known better" thrown around. Then when you get to the end of the report - recommendation for consequences? Nah, not really...

It’s probably best to keep politics out of the forum.

If you’re not mature enough to handle an occasional political reference, why don’t you make sure not to mention politics? Most posters on this board are mature enough to handle it.

The only thing against board rules is political rants. That post was far from a rant.

• Options
    StatDawgStatDawg Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

I have reservations about Meyer....He lied at media days......He also hired a coach who he knew had some domestic violence issues........So Meyer is sort of a "Do what it takes to win" kind of guy....I kinda look at it like this: How many times did the cops come to this guys house? Was he ever charged and tried for domestic violence? Was this Meyer's responsibility?

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Taking this story to another level. Brett just reported that Texas’s coach Todd Herman was also at **** club with Zach Smith. Things just keep getting better.

I’m just trying to avoid another thread.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@StatDawg said:
    I have reservations about Meyer....He lied at media days......He also hired a coach who he knew had some domestic violence issues........So Meyer is sort of a "Do what it takes to win" kind of guy....I kinda look at it like this: How many times did the cops come to this guys house? Was he ever charged and tried for domestic violence? Was this Meyer's responsibility?

To be fair, I wouldn't say he lied at media days. He's not under any obligation to answer sensitive legal questions at a simple media interview. He would be an idiot to say "Yes, I knew all about it" at something like that.

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, he didn't lie at media days because only an idiot would have told the truth? That's a helluva defense.

No, he was under no obligation to answer ANY questions at media days. But he DID. He didn't "no comment" or "can't discuss this legal matter at this time" it. He said he didn't know anything about the 2015 incident and he claimed this NINE different times to different questioners throughout the day. That's LYING. Further, he trashed the report/reporter for reporting about the 2015 incident that Meyer might have known....which in hindsight was probably Meyer's biggest mistake.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is scary is that this is going on in Washington DC.