Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Negative talk

NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t posted on this forum a lot. But I certainly read everything. As we all feel that this team has very high standards based off of LAST YEARS success and the potential talent level of all players on this team. We truly are blessed to be in a position to to be were we are at. Look around the league we could have a lot of other problems.

I sit hear and read posts about rushing statistics, defense line play, wide receivers and just recently a article about Fromm. I can honestly say that I am shocked by some of the comments. WR rushes aren’t rushes, people being in slumps, over analyzing passing plays, and lack of yardage in rushing attempts. Last time I checked these kids play there yams off and win. So what is there really to complain about. So for all the people out there nit picking about this ridiculous stuff. We won and will continue to win and grow as a new team this year. Do what ever it takes to win.

They won as a team!! Stop being so negative.

Comments

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone has their own opinions...

• OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think this year is what many of us thought it would be. The offense and special teams will have to carry the load a little more because the defense will take a step back. Understandable considering every thing we lost. The good news is, despite losing Nick and Sony I think the offense can be more explosive with Fromm having a year under his belt and our WRs. Special teams can be a difference maker, never thought I would write that after the last regime. I am optimistic. Yesterday was a great outcome, road win but plenty of film showing areas needing iimprovement

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@NOVADAWG said:
    I haven’t posted on this forum a lot. But I certainly read everything. As we all feel that this team has very high standards based off of LAST YEARS success and the potential talent level of all players on this team. We truly are blessed to be in a position to to be were we are at. Look around the league we could have a lot of other problems.

I sit hear and read posts about rushing statistics, defense line play, wide receivers and just recently a article about Fromm. I can honestly say that I am shocked by some of the comments. WR rushes aren’t rushes, people being in slumps, over analyzing passing plays, and lack of yardage in rushing attempts. Last time I checked these kids play there yams off and win. So what is there really to complain about. So for all the people out there nit picking about this ridiculous stuff. We won and will continue to win and grow as a new team this year. Do what ever it takes to win.

Problem is that folks want to compare us to bama. Unfortunately, bama may have the best qb and roster in college football. We got close last year, but bama looks to have once again gone to another level vs. other top teams. We are possibly the best of the chasing group mostly consisting of Clemson, Oklahoma & Ohio State. Still, with bama in our conference, that means no SEC or National title this year. We were so close we could taste it last year and it's just punch to the gut to see bama widen the gap after we closed it so quickly. Thus, folks on the board sense this, get frustrated and lash out at coaches /players. We are still much better than we've been in a long long time.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:

@NOVADAWG said:

Problem is that folks want to compare us to bama. Unfortunately, bama may have the best qb and roster in college football. We got close last year, but bama looks to have once again gone to another level vs. other top teams. We are possibly the best of the chasing group mostly consisting of Clemson, Oklahoma & Ohio State. Still, with bama in our conference, that means no SEC or National title this year. We were so close we could taste it last year and it's just punch to the gut to see bama widen the gap after we closed it so quickly. Thus, folks on the board sense this, get frustrated and lash out at coaches /players. We are still much better than we've been in a long long time.

We need to do the opposite of our norm, use the pass to open up the run. I think we’re just as talented as Bama we’re just trying to fit that square peg in that round hole. Notice the second half yesterday put JJ in throw it downfield to him Riley and Mecole. I’m sorry Those are our top 3 receivers let Terry rest his hamstring or calf can’t remember which and stretch the field.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the possibility of a national title is still possible. But we will have to improve. Last year we only beat Notre Dame by one point. Would we have made it to the playoffs if we hadn’t have improved?

And I was looking at a list of Alabama’s accomplishments not long ago. With their national championships run, they’ve only had one year they’ve been undefeated. Last year towards the end of the year they were plagued by injuries and were unable to go even two deep at some important spots. It’s too early to hand it to Bama. If they had made it to the SECCG, we probably would have beat them. But instead they sat it out and were given a month to heal.

Also, you guys complaining about negativity... Yes, we are lucky to be where we’re at. But if we’re just gonna sit around and talk about how lucky we are, it’s going to be a very boring board. I’d rather talk about what it takes to make it to the playoffs. At some point in the regular season, we may have to give up on making the playoffs. But being 4-0 and looking at the recruiting classes Kirby has brought in in ‘16, ‘17, and ‘18, it’s too early to give up yet.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

@superdawg said:

@NOVADAWG said:

We need to do the opposite of our norm, use the pass to open up the run. I think we’re just as talented as Bama we’re just trying to fit that square peg in that round hole. Notice the second half yesterday put JJ in throw it downfield to him Riley and Mecole. I’m sorry Those are our top 3 receivers let Terry rest his hamstring or calf can’t remember which and stretch the field.

An unbiased look at Bama and UGA 4 games into their respective schedules shows me they have been better in the passing game, we've been a tad better running the ball and we're close on defense.
    Hat's off to Tua, he looks like a Heisman candidate so far and their top WRs are elite.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NOVADAWG said:

Why are you slamming the fans? We work hard trying to come up with things wrong with the team.

Seriously though, I agree and I am an offender. I expect to see our offensive line more dominant than it has been.

I also believe Fields will get a greater percentage of snaps than Fromm at some point.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2018

The prob is most posts on this forum is more negative talk than optimism. Its old habits i guess but all the bad talk makes you wonder if this is what dawgnation will be like if we were to win a natty soon.