Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Falcons Already Getting Burned

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that's a team that isn't playing up to any standard. Sheez.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fortunately this isn’t exactly the Steel Curtain they’re playing, so it should be a bit of a shootout.

• Options

Let's hope they can pull a W here. They need it.

• Options
    RockSpringDawgRockSpringDawg Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They won’t be involved in any low-scoring defensive struggles, that’s for sure.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stick a fork in this season. The defense has been gutted by injuries. Duke Riley trying to cover 40 yards downfield tells you a lot.

• Options

Yeah, a one-sided shootout. Those injuries have killed us. And yeah, Riley in that coverage? Oof.

• Options

@kelly_b said:
    Let's hope they can pull a W here. They need it.

Not likely, they might have the worst defense in The NFL with most of their stars out.

• Options

I'm afraid yr right.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@kelly_b said:
    Yeah, a one-sided shootout.

Also known as getting shot. 😬

• Options

Right now it's more like a drive-by.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, I'm Georgia born and Georgia bred and I root for all Georgia teams Ga. Tech included ( Except when they play Georgia) and rooting for the Falcons is like touching a hot stove. U R gonna get burned EVERYTIME. The first time I touched that hot stove was the 1980 Divisional Playoff Game at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium against he Dallas Cowboys. We had a commanding 2nd half lead and as we (Who've been around long enough) all know, we blew it in the 4th Qtr. At that time I had no idea how EXTREMELY HOT that stove was but in due time(Probably around 2016/17 or so or so I was done. It finally dawned on me that hey, u just CANNOT trust this team no matter whos in charge. Apathy set and that's where I'm at (With the Falcons) and that's where I'll likely remain. Remember kids, "NEVER EVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER touch SCORCHING HOT STOVES." LOL.

• Options

@MeR3htid - haha. I feel ya. I was born in ATL and the first game I went to was versus Theismann and the Redskins in the early 70's. We got destroyed. I was there for Big Ben, the Gritz Blitz, and all the dangled carrots since. I haven't given up but I get it. I guess when they blew that commanding lead in the Super Bowl I just felt cursed, and I'm not a superstitious person. But I may be gullible.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a bird dawg at heart, but it gets tough at times watching the falcons can be tough at times

• Options

Julio is truly awful in red zone and end zone situations, maybe the worst. Now he's added drops to his bag of flaming crap.

• Options

@JRT812 said:
    I’m a bird dawg at heart, but it gets tough at times watching the falcons can be tough at times

I'm turning channels when we're on defense, I don't have the stomach for the carnage.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    Julio is truly awful in red zone and end zone situations, maybe the worst. Now he's added drops to his bag of flaming crap.

Curious. Why would one carry a bag of flaming crap? More importantly, why would one add things to it?

• Options

@WCDawg said:

I know that pass was a little behind him, but he should have had that (the dig across the middle). We may escape w/ a win...but it's because they Steelers ****. Wouldn't count on it, though.

• Options

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@WCDawg said:

Curious. Why would one carry a bag of flaming crap? More importantly, why would one add things to it?

I think the only answer to that question is "because one can."

• Options

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@WCDawg said:

I ask myself the same question, I reckon it's a Julio thing.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

I'm turning channels when we're on defense, I don't have the stomach for the carnage.

You might wanna consider just watching Matt Bryant kick field goals the way Ryan is getting sacked and pressured by a terrible D today.

• Options

McKinley’s down. Man, the injury bug has a taste for the Falcons’ defense this year.