Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves postseason stats

JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited October 2018 in Off Topic

I know most on here don’t care and are over this but after hearing snit got extended I looked at some stats and thought I’d share. This was eye popping to me. In 4 postseason games the Braves has only 19 hits and had 30!!!! Ks and only 9 BBs. And I think most of the walks came in game 3. Maybe this has something to do with the series loss.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Getting out pitched will usually affect outcomes.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be careful to over analyze the postseason stats because of sample size. That being said, plate discipline was a real issue the entire second half, but the walks given up were horrible.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lack of experience as well. I saw some excerpt when watching one of the games and the combined innings of playoff baseball for the Braves players were like 80 something and for the Dodgers, it was like high triple digits. Considering that this was their 6th straight time going to the playoffs, this was all about the experience.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Getting out pitched will usually affect outcomes.

Thank God Hernandez is gone.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:
    Be careful to over analyze the postseason stats because of sample size. That being said, plate discipline was a real issue the entire second half, but the walks given up were horrible.

Very true, especially in a best of 5 format.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JackLattty said:
    I know most on here don’t care and are over this but after hearing snit got extended I looked at some stats and thought I’d share. This was eye popping to me. In 4 postseason games the Braves has only 19 hits and had 30!!!! Ks and only 9 BBs. And I think most of the walks came in game 3. Maybe this has something to do with the series loss.

Ya think? They played the opposite of how they did during the season where they struck out very sparingly and were able to string hits together pretty well. The post-season is truly a different animal. Top of rotation pitchers dominate and we don't really have many of those. Folty was a newcomer to post season play. I think he'll do better next year.