Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL Dawgs

AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sony Michel having a big night for the Pats. (I still can't root for them, but I'm happy for Sony. He's having a good rookie season so far.)

I wanted to point out that Chubb is doing well also, albeit with limited reps. I'm not a fan of Hue Jackson, at all, and I don't know what the deal is in Cleveland, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Chubb (173 yards on 16 carries = 10.8 ypc) needs to start ahead of Carlos Hyde (382 yards on 114 carries = 3.4 ypc). Hoping after this week's embarrassing home loss they'll consider making a change.

*Apologies for starting a new thread on this. I know we have some good existing thread on NFL Dawgs, but I can't find them with the DN search engine, and I scrolled through the last 20 pages of threads and couldn't find them there either.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Carlos Hyde got paid big in the offseason. Would be a bad look if the rookie took his job. I wouldn't be shocked if that's 75% of what's happening here. Not saying it's right, just saying that's what's going on

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Carlos Hyde got paid big in the offseason. Would be a bad look if the rookie took his job. I wouldn't be shocked if that's 75% of what's happening here. Not saying it's right, just saying that's what's going on

I'm not even saying Chubb has to start, but maxing out at 3 carries/game is asinine. At worst he's good for a couple touches a quarter. Is it too much to ask to get him 8-10 carries.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Teddy said:

@Kasey said:

I'm not even saying Chubb has to start, but maxing out at 3 carries/game is asinine. At worst he's good for a couple touches a quarter. Is it too much to ask to get him 8-10 carries.

That one is all on Headline Huey...he should've been fired a while ago

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roquan had 13 tackles.
    Gurley had 208 yards rushing, 17 yards receiving and 2 tds.
    AJ Green had 88 yards receiving.
    Ogletree had 9 tackles.
    Rashad Jones had 7 tackles and 2 PDs.

@WCDawg said:
    Roquan had 13 tackles.
    Gurley had 208 yards rushing, 17 yards receiving and 2 tds.
    AJ Green had 88 yards receiving.
    Ogletree had 9 tackles.
    Rashad Jones had 7 tackles and 2 PDs.

^^^^^THIS is what I'm looking for. Thanks WC! Would love to have something like this every week. I follow the NFL pretty closely and am happy to post every week, if others are interested and want to read/contribute.

DGD and NFL old-timer Thomas Davis also returned to action with 6 tackles and 2 PD's. And even though it's an unsung position, David Andrews (UDFA 2015) continues to anchor the NE o-line from the center position.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These guys having success will greatly help recruiting, especially both Chubb and Michel being drafted high. It shows you don't have to worry about sharing the load.

Bummed for Sony. Hope that injury is just season-ending and not career-threatening. Happy for Chubb logging a solid stat line in his first career start: 18 for 80 and a TD. Gurley (3 TD's) keeps on keepin' on with the LAR juggernaut.

Haven't had a chance to check out other box scores from today. Feel free to post if any other Dawgs did anything noteworthy.

Kudos to AJ for a pro's pro effort in CIN's blowout loss to KC. 117 receiving yards, accounting for 79% of the team's offense through the air (148 yards total).

Looking forward to watching Carter and Ogletree lace 'em up for the Giants defense on MNF tomorrow, as well as all the UGA players on the Falcons... oh, wait.