Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Easy Chicken Tacos

Simple and easy Chicken Tacos for those that don't want to spend too much prep time for the big game.

Ingredients;

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 small jar of taco sauce
1 can of Rotel

Place chicken breast in crockpot and cover with the taco seasoning.
Cook on low for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Cover chicken with the taco sauce and Rotel and cook for another 1 1/2 or 2 hours.
Once chicken has cooked for 5 to 6 hours, you should able to shred it easily with 2 forks.

Use whatever shells and sides you like with your tacos.

This should easily feed 4. Double the proportions if you're planning on feeding a larger crowd.

Hope you try and enjoy!
Go Dawgs!!

Comments

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is awesome! it is the only thing that I have read worth a poopie on this forum today.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds amazing. I love a good taco and thanks for posting

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Simple and easy Chicken Tacos for those that don't want to spend too much prep time for the big game.

Ingredients;

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    1 small jar of taco sauce
    1 can of Rotel

Place chicken breast in crockpot and cover with the taco seasoning.
    Cook on low for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
    Cover chicken with the taco sauce and Rotel and cook for another 1 1/2 or 2 hours.
    Once chicken has cooked for 5 to 6 hours, you should able to shred it easily with 2 forks.

Use whatever shells and sides you like with your tacos.

This should easily feed 4. Double the proportions if you're planning on feeding a larger crowd.

Hope you try and enjoy!
    Go Dawgs!!

Go Ghost!!

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good recipe! I used the old crockpot today to cook a big batch of beef stew since it's cold out. If anyone is interested I'll post my easy steak fajitas recipe. Not a slow cooker recipe but still pretty easy.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@scooterdawg said:
    Good recipe! I used the old crockpot today to cook a big batch of beef stew since it's cold out. If anyone is interested I'll post my easy steak fajitas recipe. Not a slow cooker recipe but still pretty easy.

This is what this category is for. Dawg recipes through and through. Go for it!!

@scooterdawg said:

Please do!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If anyone's interested I'll try to post my buffalo chicken crock pot recipe. Pretty easy too...crock pots are my jam

@Kasey said:
    If anyone's interested I'll try to post my buffalo chicken crock pot recipe. Pretty easy too...crock pots are my jam

Sounds awesome. Por favor.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Kasey said:

Uuugh...waiting ....patiently....

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Kasey said:

Hah sorry, this slipped my mind. Since we've been waiting so patiently, I'll give you a twofer...

BBQ Crock pot chicken
    2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 cup bbq sauce
    1/4 cup Italian dressing
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    salt to taste

Season the chicken with salt, place in pot
    Combine sauce, dressing, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce
    pour over the chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
    shred, cover for another 10-15 minutes and voila

And for some reason I thought my buffalo chicken recipe was in the slow cooker, but it isn't. It's buffalo chicken calzones. But if you wanna crock up some chicken instead of buying a rotisserie, knock yourself out

1 rotisserie chicken
    1 cup buffalo sauce
    1/2 cup ranch
    1 roll pizza dough
    mozzarella cheese
    butter

Mix up the buffalo and ranch. Shred the chicken and add mixture. You can cut up that pizza dough however you feel. I did it in half so I wouldn't have to struggle closing it. Put the chicken mix and cheese and fold over the dough. Throw some of the butter on there on top of the dough and maybe poke a hole in the top. Throw it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400* and enjoy

@Kasey said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Kasey said:

Hah sorry, this slipped my mind. Since we've been waiting so patiently, I'll give you a twofer...

BBQ Crock pot chicken
    2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 cup bbq sauce
    1/4 cup Italian dressing
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    salt to taste

Season the chicken with salt, place in pot
    Combine sauce, dressing, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce
    pour over the chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
    shred, cover for another 10-15 minutes and voila

And for some reason I thought my buffalo chicken recipe was in the slow cooker, but it isn't. It's buffalo chicken calzones. But if you wanna crock up some chicken instead of buying a rotisserie, knock yourself out

1 rotisserie chicken
    1 cup buffalo sauce
    1/2 cup ranch
    1 roll pizza dough
    mozzarella cheese
    butter

Mix up the buffalo and ranch. Shred the chicken and add mixture. You can cut up that pizza dough however you feel. I did it in half so I wouldn't have to struggle closing it. Put the chicken mix and cheese and fold over the dough. Throw some of the butter on there on top of the dough and maybe poke a hole in the top. Throw it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400* and enjoy

I’m thinking this is a prize winner.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y’all killin me.