Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Pulled Pork Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been looking forward to this one for a while. When I checked my national calendar today, I couldn't find this. But I KNOW I saw it somewhere just a few days. That's why I was keen on getting it posted since I know we have a LOT of BBQ aficionados on this board. Tomato based? Vinegar? KC? NC? St. Louis? Dry run @ the Rendezvous in Memphis? Sonny's BBQ? Have at it. Please feel free to post any secret recipes in our special food section that JS got set up for just this kind of moment. I am sure we'll keep those secret recipes very secret. You can trust us.

Comments

• Sparky_DAWGSparky_DAWG Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hudson’s Hickory House in Douglasville. I grew up on that and it’s the best BBQ I have ever eaten (and I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur). I’ve never had any bad BBQ, some is just better than others

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I love it all. Anyone tried the white Alabama sauce? Sounds nasty since it’s mayo based, but I love it

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

As far as I'm concerned, everyday could be National Pulled Pork day. I prefer a vinegar/mustard base sauce, but I usually, sort I tweak my own. I'l take the sweeter tomato based, add spicy mustard, apple cider vinegar and some Frank's Hot sauce.

Haven't ever tried the white sauce.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@ghostofuga1 said:
    As far as I'm concerned, everyday could be National Pulled Pork day. I prefer a vinegar/mustard base sauce, but I usually, sort I tweak my own. I'l take the sweeter tomato based, add spicy mustard, apple cider vinegar and some Frank's Hot sauce.

Haven't ever tried the white sauce.

There's some decent recipes online if you wanna try your own. I gave it a crack and didn't love it. But there's a bar in my neighborhood that makes an Alabama pulled chicken sandwich that makes my mouth water just talking about it

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is fine, but my mind hurts a little every time I hear or utter the words "pulled pork." I only ever heard barbecue until lately. At the Hickory House in Dallas, GA, where I grew up, they asked if you wanted it chopped. Otherwise you got it however it came off sliced or pulled or forked or whatever, and nobody described it as such.

This is particularly irksome to me now, as where I live, "barbecue" means sausage steamed on a gas grill.

Yep, I'm a bit of a complainer.

• Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just lit the fire, boys. 16lbs pork shoulder should be done by noon. 3 hour wrap session and pulled for game time