Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A one time very off topic comment...

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    I try not to blame someone for other people's wrongdoings... And I missed the part where leaders are promoting pipe bombings and shootings.

Of course you did.

Yeah, I'm not a mentally ill person.

I'll make this one point.

You're not mentally, ill, unfortunately many are, some see political rabble rousing and send bombs or shoot old people in places of worship. Again though, I know you're not reachable, this post really isn't meant for you so much as others who might be more receptive.

Glad you're using your enlightened views to reach the huge masses of people on DawgNation. Clearly DawgNation is the best platform to do your good deed and enlighten the masses. All hail the great WCDawg for his great work in solving life's biggest issues. Now we know that WORDS MATTER, and that's the reason people shoot and bomb each other. D@mn words! We need to ban words now, because they've clearly caused more deaths than even AR-15s.

Everywhere is a good platform. Political sites are actually the worst choice because only the most politically extreme people visit them, you'll never reach that type.
    Honestly Teddy, you seem completely clueless, I wonder if you have any sense of history.

It's not nice to call me "clueless" and question my intellect on history, that hurts me, what if I did a bad thing now? Pot meet kettle

I didn't question your intellect, intellect can take you in all manner of directions.

You still called me clueless. You forgot your own mantra, words matter!

My words are not inflammatory.

So, now you're telling me how my own feelings work when being called names?

This isn't kindergarten you're not likely to commit mass murder because you feel I hurt your feelings.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The left likes to blame the president for creating all this hatred and emotionalism and general chaos that the left has unleashed on society (lets be honest, it’s not conservative groups out there rioting, harassing people, chasing them out of restaurants and threatening violence if they don’t get their way). Trump didn’t create this hatred, he revealed it. It has always been there on the left. They have been in charge for a long time so there was no need for these intimidation tactics. You simply can not blame others for your bad behavior. There is no such thing as “triggering”. That is a lazy person’s excuse. That used to be called immaturity and childishness.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    The left likes to blame the president for creating all this hatred and emotionalism and general chaos that the left has unleashed on society (lets be honest, it’s not conservative groups out there rioting, harassing people, chasing them out of restaurants and threatening violence if they don’t get their way). Trump didn’t create this hatred, he revealed it. It has always been there on the left. They have been in charge for a long time so there was no need for these intimidation tactics. You simply can not blame others for your bad behavior. There is no such thing as “triggering”. That is a lazy person’s excuse. That used to be called immaturity and childishness.

Easy with the realism, liberals don’t like it.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

I don't condone any harassment from either side.
    There is no equivalent to the POTUS being a constant hate mongering, rabble rouser though.

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    The problem with the national conversation started in the media. Where way too many people just decided it’s a lot easier to make a buck mud slinging rather than to try to educate people. It’s to the point know where it’s impossible to find a legitimate news source covering politics. And then more and more people wanted more and more partisan leaders. You guys who don’t realize what a terrible partisan Obama was were entirely hoodwinked. And then it got to the point where in a general way, 51% of the nation felt like we needed a big mouth to be president to try to beat some of this nonsense back.

This whole thing is part of a process. Acting like there’s just one guy causing it all and if we’d just vote for someone different... You’re still gonna have the underlying fundamental problem of a nation who doesn’t know how to discuss issues. And maybe it doesn’t manifest itself through Trump. But it manifests itself in other ways. And not being able to discuss real problems that need to be fixed, it’s gonna manifest itself in terribly **** ways. A lot uglier than just having to have a president who tweets mean things,

When you have leaders calling mostly peaceful people rapist and murderers, constantly calling the press and the opposition enemies of the people, etc, etc, it will find its way into vulnerable minds and lead to sick actions, that is 100% predictable.

We can be better than this.

I’m not going to say anything other than this. How many times have the media been caught lying to the people to support what ever agendas they might have?

To the comment about countries who have banned “assault weapons” they simply have stabbing and knife attacks.

Also assault weapons are banned in this country as well.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    I try not to blame someone for other people's wrongdoings... And I missed the part where leaders are promoting pipe bombings and shootings.

Of course you did.

Yeah, I'm not a mentally ill person.

I'll make this one point.

You're not mentally, ill, unfortunately many are, some see political rabble rousing and send bombs or shoot old people in places of worship. Again though, I know you're not reachable, this post really isn't meant for you so much as others who might be more receptive.

Glad you're using your enlightened views to reach the huge masses of people on DawgNation. Clearly DawgNation is the best platform to do your good deed and enlighten the masses. All hail the great WCDawg for his great work in solving life's biggest issues. Now we know that WORDS MATTER, and that's the reason people shoot and bomb each other. D@mn words! We need to ban words now, because they've clearly caused more deaths than even AR-15s.

Everywhere is a good platform. Political sites are actually the worst choice because only the most politically extreme people visit them, you'll never reach that type.
    Honestly Teddy, you seem completely clueless, I wonder if you have any sense of history.

It's not nice to call me "clueless" and question my intellect on history, that hurts me, what if I did a bad thing now? Pot meet kettle

I didn't question your intellect, intellect can take you in all manner of directions.

You still called me clueless. You forgot your own mantra, words matter!

My words are not inflammatory.

So, now you're telling me how my own feelings work when being called names?

This isn't kindergarten you're not likely to commit mass murder because you feel I hurt your feelings.

You never know, especially since words matter so much and all... the all-knowing wcdawg once taught me that great lesson. You should definitely heed his infinite wisdom.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    The problem with the national conversation started in the media. Where way too many people just decided it’s a lot easier to make a buck mud slinging rather than to try to educate people. It’s to the point know where it’s impossible to find a legitimate news source covering politics. And then more and more people wanted more and more partisan leaders. You guys who don’t realize what a terrible partisan Obama was were entirely hoodwinked. And then it got to the point where in a general way, 51% of the nation felt like we needed a big mouth to be president to try to beat some of this nonsense back.

This whole thing is part of a process. Acting like there’s just one guy causing it all and if we’d just vote for someone different... You’re still gonna have the underlying fundamental problem of a nation who doesn’t know how to discuss issues. And maybe it doesn’t manifest itself through Trump. But it manifests itself in other ways. And not being able to discuss real problems that need to be fixed, it’s gonna manifest itself in terribly **** ways. A lot uglier than just having to have a president who tweets mean things,

When you have leaders calling mostly peaceful people rapist and murderers, constantly calling the press and the opposition enemies of the people, etc, etc, it will find its way into vulnerable minds and lead to sick actions, that is 100% predictable.

We can be better than this.

That is an incredibly one-sided and biased way of looking at things.

No it's not.
    There is no comparison to the vitriol coming from the leader of the free world. These sick people make it clear that is their source of reference.

You keep going back to that. But I don’t think anybody has tried to tell you we don’t have a guy with an incredibly big **** mouth as our president. Nobody disagrees with that.

And yeah, there are nutcases out there looking for something to latch onto. Trump has disavowed people who’ve come into the public eye like that. The only ones encouraging these sickos to be motivated by Trump is the left wing media who’s reporting you apparently treat as gospel.

99.9% of Trump supporters are reasonable, rational people. And you look at the 0.1% Trump has disavowed, and you say, “You see what Trump has done!”

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

Did you decide to say this before or after you realized OP was liberal

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

I have no clue what the OP political view point is. Could be libertarian for all I know, I was just replying to a post with an opinion.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

I have no clue what the OP political view point is. Could be libertarian for all I know, I was just replying to a post with an opinion.

You just need to state theories such as, blaming the president for a mentally unstable man’s actions. It’ll flyover real well with the crowd. Then make sure you don’t hear anyone out and treat your word as the gospel and bam, you’ve “won” the argument. It’s science. Hope I didn’t get too technical for you. Please refer to @WCDawg for any further explanation needed, as it’s pretty advanced for me.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@judasdurant said:
    WC you post a lot of stuff on here that makes no sense being on this board. Have you ever tried reddit

Name another off topic thread I've started.

Is that a joke? You post as much about the Braves as you do uga

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

How TF could you think the OP was possibly libertarian

I see no token mention of marijuana legalization anywhere even with my magnifying glass

The point was I don’t know nor do I care what the OP political affiliations are. Pretty sure I replied to @pgjackson comment. If you’re going to continue reaching I’ll get you a step ladder.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    To the comment about countries who have banned “assault weapons” they simply have stabbing and knife attacks.

Also assault weapons are banned in this country as well.

And knife attacks are typically much less deadly than ar-15 attacks, and more easily countered by a "good guy with a gun"

And fully automatic rifles are banned but not assault weapons. We used to have a ban but it sunset in the mid 2000s and now the ar-15 is the most popular rifle in America.

edited October 2018
  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    In light of recent events and our political climate I want to share words spoken by Mayor William Hartsfield just over 60 years ago, the day after the Oct. 12th 1958 dynamite bombing of a Jewish temple in Atlanta.

''Whether they like it or not, every political rabble rouser is the godfather of these cross burners and dynamiters who sneak about in the dark and give a bad name to the south'' ____Atlanta Mayor William Hartsfield.
    It's not dynamite or restricted to the south now, it's AR-15s and pipe bombs and it's national. We're better than this.

WORDS MATTER, especially when they come from supposed leaders.

I only see 2 words here that equate a bit of logic. Remember that going forward, because we all just witnessed you quoting yourself, that "WORDS MATTER." ;)

@benjaminwgregg said:
    edit: image didn't post

What is the common factor in parkland, aurora, pulse, vegas, that texas church, sandy hook, san bernadino and now pittsburgh?

Its not trump, its the ar-15

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

I see no token mention of marijuana legalization anywhere even with my magnifying glass

The point was I don’t know nor do I care what the OP political affiliations are. Pretty sure I replied to @pgjackson comment. If you’re going to continue reaching I’ll get you a step ladder.

You've had a hair trigger for accusations of racism at the OP. I mean if I had to guess I'd think you were a liberal based on that alone, but since the OP is pretty admittedly liberal you're here joining the pile on

Did I say anything like that in this thread? You’re the neighborhood troll, you haven’t posted a legitimate post here ever.

@benjaminwgregg said:

@benjaminwgregg said:
    edit: image didn't post

What is the common factor in parkland, aurora, pulse, vegas, that texas church, sandy hook, san bernadino and now pittsburgh?

Its not trump, its the ar-15

San Bernardino was an ak I thought? What is the explanation for the period of time between the lift and 2010?

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

Good points there. People have this whole thing backwards. Trump didn't cause these things. Trump is the response to what was going on in the country. Trump is the evidence that when the mass culture continues pushing and increasingly "progressive" agenda at some point people push back. He absolutely says things that make me cringe and someone needs to take his Twitter account away from him. However, he didn't cause any of this. He is the inevitable response.

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@pgjackson said:

You've had a hair trigger for accusations of racism at the OP. I mean if I had to guess I'd think you were a liberal based on that alone, but since the OP is pretty admittedly liberal you're here joining the pile on

Did I say anything like that in this thread? You’re the neighborhood troll, you haven’t posted a legitimate post here ever.

There's no need to get so personal FFS