Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A one time very off topic comment...

15678911»

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    I'm disappointed that the mods have let this (nothing to do with the Dawgs or even sports in general) thread go on for eight pages without deleting it. I really am. This is not an OP about football that chased a million rabbit holes and found its way into a political tangent; this original post had no function other than to be divisive on a political subject. Period.

I guess the mods have decided that www.forum.dawgnation.com is another one of a million other places to stir up political manure on the internet (where all political arguments get resolved in a friendly way).

There is an "Off Topic" option when starting a thread, presumably for topics just such as this one. Don't like or want to participate? Then don't. The only opinion more wrong than WC's in this thread is the one that says this thread should be censored. Just ignore it, and yeah, feel free to be disappointed, too.

Yes, there’s an off topic section. But if you look at the rules at the top of the page before you sign in, political rants are explicitly forbidden. I don’t think this one thread is doing any harm. But if we had people signing up just to participate in threads like this, this board would be completely doomed.

And this was really a decent thread for awhile. But now all it is is WCDawg ignoring people telling him he needs to get his news from broader sources while he furiously tries to demand the news from his left wing propaganda channels are in fact correct.

It’s maybe WC’s biggest intellectual flaw. If you’re gonna communicate with someone, the first thing you should probably do is try to understand them. But WC’S first instinct is to try to figure out how they’re wrong.

Which is just weird to do before you understand them.

WC thinks if he reads 2/3rds of a magazine article, then he’s an expert on the subject and knows how you’re wrong.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

(nothing to do with the Dawgs or even sports in general) This is not an OP about football that chased a million rabbit holes and found its way into a political tangent; this original post had no function other than to be divisive on a political subject. Period.

I agree with this summarization.

Blame the OP for initiating and vehemently stirring the pot of politically charged hate mongering. He's only seeking (one-sided thinking) attention anyway, just like usual. Except he doesn't know when to get out of the kitchen when the heat gets turned up.

Can we all talk about some football now? B)

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    I'm disappointed that the mods have let this (nothing to do with the Dawgs or even sports in general) thread go on for eight pages without deleting it. I really am. This is not an OP about football that chased a million rabbit holes and found its way into a political tangent; this original post had no function other than to be divisive on a political subject. Period.

I guess the mods have decided that www.forum.dawgnation.com is another one of a million other places to stir up political manure on the internet (where all political arguments get resolved in a friendly way).

There is an "Off Topic" option when starting a thread, presumably for topics just such as this one. Don't like or want to participate? Then don't. The only opinion more wrong than WC's in this thread is the one that says this thread should be censored. Just ignore it, and yeah, feel free to be disappointed, too.

Yes, there’s an off topic section. But if you look at the rules at the top of the page before you sign in, political rants are explicitly forbidden. I don’t think this one thread is doing any harm. But if we had people signing up just to participate in threads like this, this board would be completely doomed.

And this was really a decent thread for awhile. But now all it is is WCDawg ignoring people telling him he needs to get his news from broader sources while he furiously tries to demand the news from his left wing propaganda channels are in fact correct.

It’s maybe WC’s biggest intellectual flaw. If you’re gonna communicate with someone, the first thing you should probably do is try to understand them. But WC’S first instinct is to try to figure out how they’re wrong.

Which is just weird to do before you understand them.

WC thinks if he reads 2/3rds of a magazine article, then he’s an expert on the subject and knows how you’re wrong.

You are wise.

@12ed said:

@greygoose01 said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@12ed said:
    @levander

I miss Bob Beckel in an open format. Guy has personality

Firing Bob Beckel because he got addicted to pain meds after back surgery is proof FOX News does not care about the quality of the content they produce. They just want sanitized nonsense they know people they can monetize.

It’s like when I was growing up and all they played on MTV was European pop music all day. None of the kids who were really into music could stand that **** and we all ended up listening to music from the 60’s and 70’s because 80’s music was monopolized by the one radio station that mattered, MTV. And all the music they played stunk. Then Guns N‘ Roses Welcome to the Jungle video hit MTV despite everything MTV did to avoid playing it... and we eventually ended up with weekend shows like Headbanger’s Ball, etc..

FNC is the almost the worst about being a corporate machine. It's like how it started out really being against trump then after the first republican debate they gradually decide to do a 360 and walk away to the point of being almost rabidly pro-trump with pockets of people against trump spread out here and there, like the gay guy that comes on 3pm. Forgot his name. Yeah, either way it's like they read the polls and decided "Abandon Jeb! Abandon Jeb!"

Yeah, I remember that. I would love some inside account of what happened inside FOX at various meeting or whatever when they flipped. I was still a political junkie back then and I remember sitting there with my jaw dropped thinking, “holy ****! Dana Petrino just said something nice about Trump!” You could see it happening all over the network at about the same time.

Trump’s popularity must have shown up in their ratings somehow. Or maybe they just were getting an absurd number of viewer complaints and could read the writing on the wall?

In ‘12, almost the entire channel was in the tank for Romney. They would literally scoff at Gingrich. And FOX News just realized at some point they weren’t gonna get away with it again.

Trump had been a regular on Fox for years spouting his birther nonsense, anti-immigration rants, hyper-nationalism and the like. I never watch them, I just read quotes from other sources, but I know Hannity was backing Trump at least as far back as spring 2016.

Y'see WC, this is where we can all probably find common ground. Hannity is a repetitive, low-grade doosh.

I'd take Hannity over Don Lemon (Crazy News Network) any day of the week. That guy is an uneducated, hate spewing piece of garbage. Not sure how he's still employed after his Kanye West "negro" stunt. Oh wait, he's their ring leader fanning the flames, so yeah gotta keep him on the payroll for clicks and views for libtards.

Both of them are red-meat opinion shows for uninitiated minds. That's not me being a doosh acting like a fedora hat-tipping elitist, it's a fact. Hannity literally repeats the same chit over and over and over and brainwashes people. Would rather see Stossel or Gutfeld take his place, the FNC viewership's IQ at the 9-10'o clock hour would be better for it.

I wouldn't call it brainwashing, its called rinse & repeat. If you watch it from hour to hour, its pretty much the same topics being reported. Same goes for any news channel, its set up like that for people who catch news at different times of the day. Gutfeld is a hoot, but I say bring on Tyrus and Kat!

@12ed said:

@greygoose01 said:

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@12ed said:
    @levander

Firing Bob Beckel because he got addicted to pain meds after back surgery is proof FOX News does not care about the quality of the content they produce. They just want sanitized nonsense they know people they can monetize.

It’s like when I was growing up and all they played on MTV was European pop music all day. None of the kids who were really into music could stand that **** and we all ended up listening to music from the 60’s and 70’s because 80’s music was monopolized by the one radio station that mattered, MTV. And all the music they played stunk. Then Guns N‘ Roses Welcome to the Jungle video hit MTV despite everything MTV did to avoid playing it... and we eventually ended up with weekend shows like Headbanger’s Ball, etc..

FNC is almost the worst about being a corporate machine. It's like how it started out really being against trump then after the first republican debate they gradually decide to do a 360 and walk away to the point of being almost rabidly pro-trump with pockets of people against trump spread out here and there, like the gay guy that comes on 3pm. Forgot his name. Yeah, either way it's like they read the polls and decided "Abandon Jeb! Abandon Jeb!"

Megan Kelly was the one against Trump. You see how her career has turned out now - crash & burn. She never knew when to shut up. And the 3pm show is Shepard Smith. Never liked him or Anderson Cooper (Crazy News Network). Now I know why. Both came outa the closet. :o:D

I remember it differently. Yeah Kelly was against Trump but so was almost every other host or guest. Then the script changed, I guess Kelly just didn't sing the song they wanted.

You know the saying - Money talks, bullsheet walks. She hopped on the sexual harassment train out of town with Andrea Tantaros and Gretchen Carlson.

@12ed said:

@greygoose01 said:

@12ed said:

@greygoose01 said:

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@12ed said:
    @levander

FNC is almost the worst about being a corporate machine. It's like how it started out really being against trump then after the first republican debate they gradually decide to do a 360 and walk away to the point of being almost rabidly pro-trump with pockets of people against trump spread out here and there, like the gay guy that comes on 3pm. Forgot his name. Yeah, either way it's like they read the polls and decided "Abandon Jeb! Abandon Jeb!"

Megan Kelly was the one against Trump. You see how her career has turned out now - crash & burn. She never knew when to shut up. And the 3pm show is Shepard Smith. Never liked him or Anderson Cooper (Crazy News Network). Now I know why. Both came outa the closet. :o:D

I remember it differently. Yeah Kelly was against Trump but so was almost every other host or guest. Then the script changed, I guess Kelly just didn't sing the song they wanted.

You know the saying - Money talks, bullsheet walks. She hopped on the sexual harassment train out of town with Andrea Tantaros and Gretchen Carlson.

Did she? I thought her exit was somewhere between semi-amicable and non-toxic enough at the time and she didn't have any lawsuits going against FNC. I know she said some things about Ailes months after she left but I don't think she had a monetary interest in doing so like Carlson or Tantaros had with their lawsuits

That’s kind of how I remember it. There were a few reports that came out saying when Kelly did her deposition and accused Ailes, it was over for Ailes. Because Kelly didn’t have a monetary interest. And I believe those reports. Not long after it it came out Kelly was accusing Ailes, that is when he resigned (as I vaguely remember it anyway).

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My god this dude really fell off his rocker as a kid. Sounds like that dude from The Young Turks.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:
    I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

I meant to make a point, not a rant.
    Also, my post wasn't meant for you, we have nothing to discuss outside of sports.

My point was for those taking sides and there shouldn't be sides but some people forget there are 2 sides and both are spewing hate and you just forgot to mention the other side and the riots at the inauguration and Antifa and the shooting at the baseball park and Ricin and leaders telling people to go to their homes etc. Just helping you be balanced. But you probably can't be reached.

NO, I DIDN'T. I'm referring to the GD president of the United States for Christ sake.. People can pretty much say what they please, but leaders have a responsibility and Trump is a rabble rousing manipulator of the worst in human nature.

People probably get the leaders they deserve, we don't deserve much.

It’s pretty clear a big part of why you’re so frustrated and don’t understand what’s going on is you actually believe what they report about Trump in left wing media outlets. If Trump actually said a fifth of what they claim he said, I’d hate the guy too.

We live in America. Where anything is possible if someone can find a way to make money doing it. And the entire political media industry we’ve got today have just decided it’s easier to make a buck flinging mud.

If you’re going to get all worked up over this nonsense, you need to pay some attention to the right wing mud flinging too. You’re gonna have to at least hear a little to have some basis to try to figure out what’s actually going on. One of the very few shows I still check out from my old political junkie days is The Five on Fox News. It was way better when Bob Beckel was on it, that guy was hilarious, but it’s still okay and they don’t shout nearly as much as they do on other shows. It’s gonna be hard for you to watch because your mind is so obviously tuned for liberal propaganda, your emotions are going to reject it initially. But try acclimating yourself to being able to listen to it. Just DVR it every day and watch it once a week. By the time you get to the point where you can watch it two or three times a week, you’llhave a much better idea of what’s going on. Because you’ll have at least some kind of counter to all the liberal propaganda you’re ingesting.

Jesus man, facts are facts. 99% of what is reported about Trump comes from his own BS mouth.

No it comes from snipets of what he said taken out of context.

NO it doesn't, the man is a pathological liar.

Ok bud, believe what you will. And the dems screwed up by screwing over the only candidate that could have beaten him. Whine some more for us, we'll just laugh more.

I'm not whining, I'm beating my head against a wall trying to communicate with people who are not capable of seeing much.

You have stated you have nothing else to say to many of us many times. You dont want to communicate. You want to spill your garbage, try to force ut down our throats, and if we disagree, we are idiots or other things. Politely GFY

You are idiots if you are incapable of grasping very very obvious lies.
    I suspect most see, but they won't admit it.

Look who’s talking, again...

You know, ever since you joined the forums, I had came to the conclusion that you’re just a grumpy old fart, but now after reading how completely out of touch with reality you are, it’s really starting to sound like you have a narcissistic personality disorder - “A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.” For real bruh.

DawgNation urges you to put down the phone and/or computer and seek help immediately. ;)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

You wouldn't know reality if it bit you on your ass. You beat off every night to the biggest narcissist in American political history, and you delude yourself into thinking he's just like you.

LOL, you realize you responded to yourself in that post?

More facts from that fertile mindless of yours.

Says the guy who thinks he can just watch left wing media only and have any idea of what’s going on...

You need prayer, and you should pray that God changes your cold heart, that’s all, carry on and Go Dawgs.

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:
    I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

Also, my post wasn't meant for you, we have nothing to discuss outside of sports.

My point was for those taking sides and there shouldn't be sides but some people forget there are 2 sides and both are spewing hate and you just forgot to mention the other side and the riots at the inauguration and Antifa and the shooting at the baseball park and Ricin and leaders telling people to go to their homes etc. Just helping you be balanced. But you probably can't be reached.

NO, I DIDN'T. I'm referring to the GD president of the United States for Christ sake.. People can pretty much say what they please, but leaders have a responsibility and Trump is a rabble rousing manipulator of the worst in human nature.

It’s pretty clear a big part of why you’re so frustrated and don’t understand what’s going on is you actually believe what they report about Trump in left wing media outlets. If Trump actually said a fifth of what they claim he said, I’d hate the guy too.

We live in America. Where anything is possible if someone can find a way to make money doing it. And the entire political media industry we’ve got today have just decided it’s easier to make a buck flinging mud.

If you’re going to get all worked up over this nonsense, you need to pay some attention to the right wing mud flinging too. You’re gonna have to at least hear a little to have some basis to try to figure out what’s actually going on. One of the very few shows I still check out from my old political junkie days is The Five on Fox News. It was way better when Bob Beckel was on it, that guy was hilarious, but it’s still okay and they don’t shout nearly as much as they do on other shows. It’s gonna be hard for you to watch because your mind is so obviously tuned for liberal propaganda, your emotions are going to reject it initially. But try acclimating yourself to being able to listen to it. Just DVR it every day and watch it once a week. By the time you get to the point where you can watch it two or three times a week, you’llhave a much better idea of what’s going on. Because you’ll have at least some kind of counter to all the liberal propaganda you’re ingesting.

Jesus man, facts are facts. 99% of what is reported about Trump comes from his own BS mouth.

Ok bud, believe what you will. And the dems screwed up by screwing over the only candidate that could have beaten him. Whine some more for us, we'll just laugh more.

I'm not whining, I'm beating my head against a wall trying to communicate with people who are not capable of seeing much.

You have stated you have nothing else to say to many of us many times. You dont want to communicate. You want to spill your garbage, try to force ut down our throats, and if we disagree, we are idiots or other things. Politely GFY

You know, ever since you joined the forums, I had came to the conclusion that you’re just a grumpy old fart, but now after reading how completely out of touch with reality you are, it’s really starting to sound like you have a narcissistic personality disorder - “A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.” For real bruh.

DawgNation urges you to put down the phone and/or computer and seek help immediately. ;)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

You wouldn't know reality if it bit you on your ass. You beat off every night to the biggest narcissist in American political history, and you delude yourself into thinking he's just like you.

Says the guy who thinks he can just watch left wing media only and have any idea of what’s going on...

You need prayer, and you should pray that God changes your cold heart, that’s all, carry on and Go Dawgs.

So you support only watching left wing media and not trying to listen to counters?

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

LOL

You've offended BigDawgEatin in another thread, pray to God for forgiveness!

I’ve offended no one. I have been nothing but sweet and gentlemanly-like to BigDawgEatin.

edited November 2018

@12ed said:
    Would you say you've been chivalrous?

Maybe she's one of those ladies that interprets chivalry as misogyny?

One time I held the door open for a lady going into the Varsity in Athens. She slapped me in the face and said I was being misogynistic. True story.

Yeahhh, that sounds like @BigDawgEatin! If he bends down to help you with your shoes, what you do is you kick him in the face!

Isn’t there some three letter acronym that means woman on her period? Is that why BigDawgEatin named herself that? BDE. Woman on her period.

These gloves are starting to come off. I should not be waking up in the morning thinking about some stooge trolling me in the interwebs.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:

LOL

You've offended BigDawgEatin in another thread, pray to God for forgiveness!

I’ve offended no one. I have been nothing but sweet and gentlemanly-like to BigDawgEatin.

Would you say you've been chivalrous?

Maybe she's one of those ladies that interprets chivalry as misogyny?

One time I held the door open for a lady going into the Varsity in Athens. She slapped me in the face and said I was being misogynistic. True story.

Your wife/girlfriend doesn't count

Oh okay, so now I am the abusive one.

That is just wrong @BigDawgEatin. It is wrong what you’ve done.

@levander said:

You might fit in at Ohio State.

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

At least I’d fit in somewhere. You’re manic dashing around, you can’t even fit in on an anonymous internet message board!

edited November 2018

@levander said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

At least I’d fit in somewhere. You’re manic dashing around, you can’t even fit in on an anonymous internet message board!

edited November 2018

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@levander said:

Well, you keep coming back here, teasing us with those big old **** of yours. So apparently you care about something here.