Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Nacho Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this is a topic on which much of Dawg Nation can agree. Who doesn't love nachos? Maybe share a recipe or your favorite style of nachos. When you most like to eat them and/or who serves your favorite nachos.

If this topic doesn't quite float your boat, you have an alternative topic...National Saxophone Day. Always remember, and never forget, "No sax the night before a fight".

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

Was in Puerto Rico 20 years ago as a newlywed. Went to a restaurant recommended by a local that served nachos with goat meat. Not only was it good, but later that night had the best sax of my life. We decided the goat meat must have made us randy. True story.

Edit: apologies if this is a TMI thread-killer. I always thought it was funny, and couldn't resist the nachos/sax combo.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great discovery. Hope you have continued to add goat meat to your diet. Your experience suggest it might, indeed, be the G.O.A.T.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    Was in Puerto Rico 20 years ago as a newlywed. Went to a restaurant recommended by a local that served nachos with goat meat. Not only was it good, but later that night had the best sax of my life. We decided the goat meat must have made us randy. True story.

Edit: apologies if this is a TMI thread-killer. I always thought it was funny, and couldn't resist the nachos/sax combo.

This is nacho average nacho story.

(I know, wah, wah, wah... couldn't resist)

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, let’s talk food.

1. Perro’s Easy Nachos. Easy is important. Dump your favorite chip on a cookie sheet and spread out. Take a pack of grated Mexican cheese and sprinkle very liberally. Melt the cheese and heat the chips good in the oven. Remove and let the cheese solidify a little. Pull them off and enjoy. You can also dip them in the salsa of your choice.

2. Grande Nacho Dip: Take your favorite bag of Nacho chips and dip in the following. Take a square pryex brownie cooking dish. Layer one thin layer of each: refried beans, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese, Jalapenos, shredded lettuce. 7 layers of goodness! Be careful on the pickled Jalapenos. You can use mild very liberally. Hot slices are going to need to be managed carefully.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    Ok, let’s talk food.

1. Perro’s Easy Nachos. Easy is important. Dump your favorite chip on a cookie sheet and spread out. Take a pack of grated Mexican cheese and sprinkle very liberally. Melt the cheese and heat the chips good in the oven. Remove and let the cheese solidify a little. Pull them off and enjoy. You can also dip them in the salsa of your choice.

2. Grande Nacho Dip: Take your favorite bag of Nacho chips and dip in the following. Take a square pryex brownie cooking dish. Layer one thin layer of each: refried beans, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese, Jalapenos, shredded lettuce. 7 layers of goodness! Be careful on the pickled Jalapenos. You can use mild very liberally. Hot slices are going to need to be managed carefully.

Speaking my language!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    Ok, let’s talk food.

Mano, you got you a winner with at dip. I have no shame in “ plagiarizing”.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I know is that the $10 abomination that sports venues and theaters try to sell consisting of a handful of stale chips and a small amount of blaze orange “cheese” is an affront to real nachos. The real nacho vendors need to band together and take on BigNacho and take back the proud name of Nacho!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    All I know is that the $10 abomination that sports venues and theaters try to sell consisting of a handful of stale chips and a small amount of blaze orange “cheese” is an affront to real nachos. The real nacho vendors need to band together and take on BigNacho and take back the proud name of Nacho!

Si. Movie version esta Nacho De Tu Padre treat, mijo. (Close?) 😉

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Taco Tuesday at the hospital where I work. This also includes nachos with all the dressings!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoohooo nacho day!!! Love nacho day. Actually had the home brand last night. We like a little chorizo mixed with ground beef. Add the toppings to your liking with melted cheese and have it boss. I personally like heat so I also add some sort of hot sauce

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

My bride and I eat goat meat and drink goat milk several times a week. We raise dairy and meat goats. Shared this post with her and now she keeps looking out the front door waiting for Randy to show up.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i came in here hoping there would be pictures of nachos.... i am highly disappointed