Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Chew On This: National Scrapple Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many of you have ever tasted this veritable pork delight? It's been a long time between Scrapple bites for me. Any recipes anyone wants to share?

If Scrapple doesn't pique your interest, you can always celebrate National Louisiana Day. Not kidding. Never knew such a thing existed. Guess it's to help restore positive energy to the state after the annual shellacking from Bama.

Comments

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fry it, put on toast with mustard. All the recipe you need!

• Options
    Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's Yankee stuff ewww. Lol

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

scrapple is an abomination

now some balut I can get down with

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess I’m going to have to hit the ole google because I have never heard of scrapple

• Options

So confused. Per the always accurate Wikipedia... it contains meat, but is considered a pudding.... not how I two step. If true @donm bro we should skip this day for future reference

• Options

@JRT812 said:
    So confused. Per the always accurate Wikipedia... it contains meat, but is considered a pudding.... not how I two step. If true @donm bro we should skip this day for future reference

I felt like scrapple might be sort of controversial but common enough that some of us older dawgs might have some experiences with it. It's actually gotten a few more posts that I thought it might, but I have to admit, it's not like the pulled pork day thread. OTOH, I didn't have much hope for the alternative - Louisiana Day. I'll likely take your advice next year, if I'm still on the planet.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't eat pork, Scrabble is a good game though.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

I am the type that will try almost anything. I have yet to try scrapple, but I just put it on my "eating" bucket list....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbm_X4G0BI

• Options

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

I felt like scrapple might be sort of controversial but common enough that some of us older dawgs might have some experiences with it. It's actually gotten a few more posts that I thought it might, but I have to admit, it's not like the pulled pork day thread. OTOH, I didn't have much hope for the alternative - Louisiana Day. I'll likely take your advice next year, if I'm still on the planet.

I hear ya and better than Louisiana Day for sure...even if it’s meat pudding. That state can kick rocks in my opinion based off my one experience.

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ah Scrapple, it's what's for breakfast, yum! I'll have mine crisp please.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Frozen on a stick.

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Frozen on a stick.

Now you're rollin'.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Frozen on a stick.

It's the fat in the scrapple that makes you sleepy.
    It's the fat in the scrapple that makes you sleepy.
    It's the fat in the scrapple that makes ...... Yeah, she's out.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:
    scrapple is an abomination

now some balut I can get down with

Nakakadiri! I’ll drink the juice, but I won’t eat the chick