Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nashville has been named the permanent home for The SEC Basketball Tourney....

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you like the choice ? Atlanta has the big prize with the football title game, Hoover Al. ( Birmingham area) has the baseball tourney and now Nashville has the basketball tourney. It's a good geographical distribution in my opinion.

Comments

  • greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Nashville is a cool town - on the rise. Much better than Knoxville for a lot of reasons, and it isn’t hard to get there.

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Nashville is better proximity for the school that “care” about basketball (minus the lizards).

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

    @CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Nashville is better proximity for the school that “care” about basketball (minus the lizards).

    Looking at a map the SEC schools closest to Nashville are Vandy, UK, Tenn, Arky, Mizzou and Ole Miss. All 6 have solid basketball credentials.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Nashville is better proximity for the school that “care” about basketball (minus the lizards).

    Looking at a map the SEC schools closest to Nashville are Vandy, UK, Tenn, Arky, Mizzou and Ole Miss. All 6 have solid basketball credentials.

    A nice trip for the athletes...Nashville can be fun.

  • TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Basically it is an easier trip for the UK fans who turn Nashville Blue for a few days. Of note, if UGA is playing in a different session than UK, you can get good tickets for crazy cheap off stubhub. The UK fans typically by the entire pack and sell the sessions they aren't a part of.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @TNDawg71 said:
    Basically it is an easier trip for the UK fans who turn Nashville Blue for a few days. Of note, if UGA is playing in a different session than UK, you can get good tickets for crazy cheap off stubhub. The UK fans typically by the entire pack and sell the sessions they aren't a part of.

    I'm not opposed to spending a few days in Nashvegas if we're fortunate enough to make a run in the tourney. I almost bought a house and acreage outside of Manchester Tenn. about 30 miles south of Nashville back in 2004.

  • TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @TNDawg71 said:
    Basically it is an easier trip for the UK fans who turn Nashville Blue for a few days. Of note, if UGA is playing in a different session than UK, you can get good tickets for crazy cheap off stubhub. The UK fans typically by the entire pack and sell the sessions they aren't a part of.

    I'm not opposed to spending a few days in Nashvegas if we're fortunate enough to make a run in the tourney. I almost bought a house and acreage outside of Manchester Tenn. about 30 miles south of Nashville back in 2004.

    If you're here we can grab some BBQ

Sign In or Register to comment.