Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A BIG HELLO to all my DAWGS

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Things have been tough lately for posting after a shoulder surgery. Heck, I haven't even been lurking so I won't be tempted to say something layman-like or try to crack a joke or whatever. But it's time to start using this arm and, though I fell asleep during the game - late overseas here when they played - I can think of no better time to begin again after what looked like total dominance and an interestingly stellar performance by Fields. He needed that kind of game experience in case something happens to Fromm. Should have done that in garbage time all season, but I'm not igniting that debate again (although I don't think that's a very controversial point to make). And it sucks about Rice. Hope it's not going to be serious.

I think we have what it takes to beat Bama. Just wish we were a little healthier. Glad to be back. Posts are likely to be spotty still, but it's time now to will myself back to health.

Now let's go step on Tech w/ a hobnail boot.

Comments

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What did you have done to your shoulder? I had to have acromioplasty and Mumford procedure back in '91.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game was "it" for Justin Fields. Considering Jake Fromm's praise afterwards, the plan that Coach Kirby Smart did not have, and the results on the field, this game put the freshman in play. I really don't see either one of these guys transferring. With Jalen Hurts as an example, they are not leaving a perennial contender to go play with less talent elsewhere. Iron sharpens Iron.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    Things have been tough lately for posting after a shoulder surgery. Heck, I haven't even been lurking so I won't be tempted to say something layman-like or try to crack a joke or whatever. But it's time to start using this arm and, though I fell asleep during the game - late overseas here when they played - I can think of no better time to begin again after what looked like total dominance and an interestingly stellar performance by Fields. He needed that kind of game experience in case something happens to Fromm. Should have done that in garbage time all season, but I'm not igniting that debate again (although I don't think that's a very controversial point to make). And it sucks about Rice. Hope it's not going to be serious.

I think we have what it takes to beat Bama. Just wish we were a little healthier. Glad to be back. Posts are likely to be spotty still, but it's time now to will myself back to health.

Now let's go step on Tech w/ a hobnail boot.

Good to hear from you, surgery of any kind is a horey beach , but long view it can make life better.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @WCDawg - Yep, this is the second shoulder surgery I've had. Hundreds (literally) of dislocations since the first one in '99. This time , surgeon inserted a prosthesis. Looks like something H.R. Geiger might've imagined...insane X-Ray image. Evidently, it's the first surgery of its type on a man my age (50), so I may be part of med history. Back in the states, having to go to the ER so often killed me financially. So happy to have this done. As for the results, we'll see, but I'm oddly optimistic.

@Catfish said:
    What did you have done to your shoulder? I had to have acromioplasty and Mumford procedure back in '91.

The first time it was a simple (more or less) Laterjet procedure which simply reversed the direction of my dislocations. It was a horrible failure and made things worse.

I'm looking at the post-op report right now and trying to figure out how to translate it from French. I'm not sure what the procedures were called because what they did was pretty new, but among a few minor things, they inserted an anatomical prosthesis (replacement of the scapula more or less), some bone grafts and some sort of complex suture and autoplasty of the rotator cuff. I'm looking at around 6 months of rehab for it....but if it works I will be so happy. You wouldn't think that a shoulder problem could cause so much chaos and trauma, but around two decades of it takes a toll.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b, glad to have you back! I hope the rehab goes well, and you’ll be back to (better than) normal soon!

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

@Catfish said:

The first time it was a simple (more or less) Laterjet procedure which simply reversed the direction of my dislocations. It was a horrible failure and made things worse.

I'm looking at the post-op report right now and trying to figure out how to translate it from French. I'm not sure what the procedures were called because what they did was pretty new, but among a few minor things, they inserted an anatomical prosthesis (replacement of the scapula more or less), some bone grafts and some sort of complex suture and autoplasty of the rotator cuff. I'm looking at around 6 months of rehab for it....but if it works I will be so happy. You wouldn't think that a shoulder problem could cause so much chaos and trauma, but around two decades of it takes a toll.

Yeah, mine was nothing like that. Had a big bone spur removed and clipped off the end of the collar bone. That was in 91 and I haven't had any problems with it. The surgeon and PT folks made me start moving it right away. They said if I didn't it would freeze up. Man I just thought about it, that was a long time ago.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It wasn’t because of your shoulder that you fell asleep during the game. I had trouble paying attention too and have no medical prosecutes being done. It was just a boring game.

I almost called Apple support during the game about a problem with my Apple TV. Figuring I’d get that done real quick, then be able to concentrate on the game better. Can you imagine? Calling a technical support line rather than watch a Bulldogs game? That’s how bad that game was. I did get a good bit of cleaning done in my TV room while the game was on. I had no idea how nasty and dusty it had gotten behind my TV.

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    @kelly_b, glad to have you back! I hope the rehab goes well, and you’ll be back to (better than) normal soon!

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

Thanks @LowcountryDawg21. Believe me, I'm very happy to be back.

@levander said:
    It wasn’t because of your shoulder that you fell asleep during the game. I had trouble paying attention too and have no medical prosecutes being done. It was just a boring game.

I almost called Apple support during the game about a problem with my Apple TV. Figuring I’d get that done real quick, then be able to concentrate on the game better. Can you imagine? Calling a technical support line rather than watch a Bulldogs game? That’s how bad that game was. I did get a good bit of cleaning done in my TV room while the game was on. I had no idea how nasty and dusty it had gotten behind my TV.

I was having a good time watching the scoring and seeing more of Fields. Wasn't a classic for sure but I still enjoyed seeing some of the younger guys get theirs. But Apple support? My wife has to deal with them and I can't imagine ever...ever having to do that during a Dawgs game. Well...fortunately I think we have two better games coming up.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@kelly_b said:

@levander said:

I was having a good time watching the scoring and seeing more of Fields. Wasn't a classic for sure but I still enjoyed seeing some of the younger guys get theirs. But Apple support? My wife has to deal with them and I can't imagine ever...ever having to do that during a Dawgs game. Well...fortunately I think we have two better games coming up.

I did watch the game and liked watching it, just it wasn’t nearly as intense as most games. So I’d start thinking about other things I needed to do...

I mean what is it, like a 3, 4 hour game? If it’s not gonna be intense, it’s hard to keep paying attention. I could have completely seen falling asleep during that game.