Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Happy National Absurdity Day everybody, wear your underwear on the outside today...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited November 2018 in General

yes, it's a thing.. and it's finally here !!
What could be better than combining National Absurdity Day with International Peanut butter Fudge Day?

I've had Nov. 20th circled on my calendar since last Nov. 21st. What better way to break up an otherwise uneventful week ?

I painted one nipple blue and the other one tangerine, I'm also wearing my underwear on the outside till sundown.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not a "Day of..." anything until @donm says it is.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

In that case, make it so....I've learned in my countless hours of research that not only are there multiple national days on the same days, there are multiple organizations doing the naming of the days. If they can be flexible and get along, I think we can as well. Let's celebrate!!!

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I painted one nipple blue and the other one tangerine, I'm also wearing my underwear on the outside till sundown.

I can’t unread that.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:

True, he was running late so I figured I'd get the party rolling and he could make a stylishly late entrance.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

True, he was running late so I figured I'd get the party rolling and he could make a stylish late entrance.

Fair enough. This dog just has a little bit of bearded collie in him. I have an uncontrollable urge to keep everyone in his proper place.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So far, wearing the underwear on the outside is not amusing anyone around here. Just stares and occasional jeers. In fact I was disappointed in the blind squirrel response at the game in JAX. I guess I was made to be entertained more so than entertain.

@DogsNotDawgs said:
    So far, wearing the underwear on the outside is not amusing anyone around here. Just stares and occasional jeers. In fact I was disappointed in the blind squirrel response at the game in JAX. I guess I was made to be entertained more so than entertain.

Absurdity isn't everybody's cup of joe, but the smart ones get it.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess then that a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous.

@kelly_b said:
    I guess then that a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous.

….you'd think.