Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I KID YOU NOT. TODAY IS...

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Tie One On Day. It seems to me like this is one to which many on this board have, can and will relate to. What's your poison of choice? For those who might lean toward the teetotalling, it's also National Red Mitten Day. Sorry. It's also National Gingerbread Cookie Day if I recall right.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love scotch. I love scotch.
    Scotchy scotch scotch.
    Here it goes down. Down into my belly.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    National Tie One On Day. It seems to me like this is one to which many on this board have, can and will relate to. What's your poison of choice? For those who might lean toward the teetotalling, it's also National Red Mitten Day. Sorry. It's also National Gingerbread Cookie Day if I recall right.

I'm glad to see you're on the ball donm, slacking around till mid-afternoon to post is something an Allbarn fan does.
    It's probably not a good quality of our way of life that holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas are used by the adult beverage industries to shill product.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

You almost made me choke on my lunch. Nice!

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

The Scots are a bunch of skirt wearing sheep lovers, but their contributions to adult spirits and engineering are top drawer.

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

The Scots are a bunch of skirt wearing sheep lovers, but their contributions to adult spirits and engineering are top drawer.

If it's not Scottish, it's c.r.a.p.!!!

edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

I don't partake much in alcohol these days, I probably rub as much on my body as I drink. When I drink distilled beverages it's usually Kentucky Bourbon though.
    A smooth wheat Bourbon mixed 60/40 booze to berry with 100% cranberry juice is my go to indulgence.
    Before you pounce, yes, I've got my period....

edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

You're a gosh dammed poet.

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

I don't partake much in alcohol these days, I probably rub as much on my body as I drink. When I drink distilled beverages it's usually Kentucky Bourbon though.

https://youtu.be/bzG_J7RCGS0

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

https://youtu.be/p1c6ydFmPNw

edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

https://youtu.be/bzG_J7RCGS0

I won't debate an international man of mystery when it comes to boozing and wh..ring, I'd lose every time.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

Scotch = me belly!
    (Not responsible for text, below - ignorant sod did it -sb "Get in me belly!")

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

https://youtu.be/p1c6ydFmPNw

Burgundy is a true Renaissance man, the name is sort of ironic though, I guess Ron Scotch wouldn't fly in the news bidness.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also, National Jukebox Day.
    (A jukebox is an electro-mechanical mechanism that provides sound from plastic 'music records' for a small fee for each 'record' selected. The box portion of the name derives from the enclosure with is often a very colorful lighted structure designed to attraction attention.)

An upper portion of a jukebox is shown below along with its selection mechanism.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Also, National Jukebox Day.
    (A jukebox is an electro-mechanical mechanism that provides sound from plastic 'music records' for a small fee for each 'record' selected. The box portion of the name derives from the enclosure with is often a very colorful lighted structure designed to attraction attention.)

An upper portion of a jukebox is shown below along with its selection mechanism.

3 songs for .25 back in the day. Malteds were .50 and on and on

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

I imagined groundskeeper Willy saying this in my head.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

A smooth wheat Bourbon mixed 60/40 booze to berry with 100% cranberry juice is my go to indulgence.

You're developing into a fine young lady, Carmen.

I'll take a scotch and a beer. You can keep the bourbon and the George Thorogood

• BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

You know, only Bourbon comes from Kentucky and nowhere else. So you don't have to waste your time typing "Kentucky" bourbon. Haha.

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll take anything these.
    Honestly, there's very little to which I'll turn up my nose. But my favorite is Elijah Craig 12. And Ardbeg 10. and Evan Williams Black. And Dickel 12. And New Amsterdam gin. And Wild Turkey 101. And Bud...
    Interestingly, here in Australia the standard bottling of Wild Turkey (86) is unavailable in the USA, and it's just delicious.

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:
    Scotchy scotch scotch.

You know, only Bourbon comes from Kentucky and nowhere else. So you don't have to waste your time typing "Kentucky" bourbon. Haha.

True, but that is largely a technicality. There are minor rules in producing official Bourbon.